Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Unlocking exclusive meals would be relatively simple, no? The game was already capable of sufficient communication with outside executables to transfer Carbuncle's name from the Platinum Demo, and I can't imagine that the recipes require much more data transfer than that. The custom Glaive would be the tricky bit, because the main game on console presumably would have no further use for the character creator.
lol I totally forgot about the Platinum Demo. Then never mind. Other than the Ep. Ardyn capability patch and the patches pertaining to TERRA Wars and FFXIV that list that they put up now seems completely pointless considering we aren't getting anything else and it's really likely they aren't doing any other updates. Like it would of had a point if we were getting all 4 DLCS but DLCs were supposedly cancelled since the beginning of summer (Hence why they missed the Comrades Summer updates). So why add that patch list now? It seems redundant.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
lol I totally forgot about the Platinum Demo. Then never mind. Other than the Ep. Ardyn capability patch and the patches pertaining to TERRA Wars and FFXIV that list that they put up now seems completely pointless considering we aren't getting anything else and it's really likely they aren't doing any other updates. Like it would of had a point if we were getting all 4 DLCS but DLCs were supposedly cancelled since the beginning of summer (Hence why they missed the Comrades Summer updates). So why add that patch list now? It seems redundant.
Well, it's not impossible that some of the things which had been partially implemented in the lead-up to the Royal Edition but not included with it could be completed and restored as development winds down, no?

With that said, can you show me the source that suggests that the DLCs were cancelled since the beginning of summer?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
There was this statement regarding Luminous Productions from Matsuda in the financial briefing SE held recently . The Q&A was held on November 7th back when the initial report for the briefing came out, but the Q&A as part of the outline for the report was only posted on November 26th.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/19q2outline.pdf
SQEX have been attempting to get their dev methods in order since the early 2010s. I hope they're finally starting to get somewhere with it.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
There was this statement regarding Luminous Productions from Matsuda in the financial briefing SE held recently . The Q&A was held on November 7th back when the initial report for the briefing came out, but the Q&A as part of the outline for the report was only posted on November 26th.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/19q2outline.pdf
About development times, I remember in one interview either Kitase or Hashimoto mentioning something about SQEX aiming to get their big games done in about 3 years.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Even if the FFXV team isn't doing anything for today at the very least it feels nice that the Dissidia Opera Omnia team decided to release Noct today. It's not much but it's something I guess. It's somewhat funny that a spin-off mobile game is handling FFXV's second anniversary better than FFXV itself. lol
It's weird that the social media account isn't being used. Like, I'm sure there's plenty of birthday fanart for them to retweet, so...?

Vankwisha

Chocobo Knight
Feb 25, 2018
Even if the FFXV team isn't doing anything for today at the very least it feels nice that the Dissidia Opera Omnia team decided to release Noct today. It's not much but it's something I guess. It's somewhat funny that a spin-off mobile game is handling FFXV's second anniversary better than FFXV itself. lol
Too bad the game isn't isn't very good :(

Prompto

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 29, 2018
I’d imagine they’re lying low for now, trying to avoid the posts being spammed with negative comments about that travesty of an anniversary stream

Feb 19, 2018
Too bad the game isn't isn't very good :(
Enh, it's a good bit of fun. Plus the team for it gives back to the community a LOT. So aside from it being fun for me the devs for it also have my respect in that regard. Not every day you find a free mobile game that actually plays decently and isn't trying to gouge you for money just to perform the most basic of actions.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
It's weird that the social media account isn't being used. Like, I'm sure there's plenty of birthday fanart for them to retweet, so...?
The japanese account did made tweets about the anniversary:

Edit: from the EN account
https://youtu.be/6OE8EC5NIWw

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I love the fact that when Darin was talking about the game bringing people together he actually did the same gesture as Ardyn from Kingsglaive when he proposes the marriage between Noctis and Luna. You can tell just how much he loves this role. lol