Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Nice, glad to see they didn't forget.
am i the only one seeing that this basically bad photoshop
like crowe and guys in the back are taken directly from the movie, same with ardyn i think...and then it's our guys eating sausages (?) but it seems like they are in a very elegant place (that one from kingsglaive). xD

Feb 19, 2018
That "death and restoration" line has had my interest piqued ever since they mentioned it in the livestream. I wonder whose death and whose restoration they're talking about. Maybe in place of the whole set of Dawn DLCs we may be getting an unlockable Verse 2 in Episode Ardyn where he's redeemed or on the other end of the spectrum maybe we'll get an Ardyn wins ending or both. Would certainly be a cool note to end FFXV on imo.

Feb 19, 2018
So I just remembered that the Kingsglaive event in japan is happening this month and they said that the Ardyn prologue would be shown before it as a treat for fans in attendance. Guess that means they'll probably release it to the public shortly after that event so we have that to look forward to soon in terms new story content.

Valeny7

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2018
Sardinia, Italy
So I just remembered that the Kingsglaive event in japan is happening this month and they said that the Ardyn prologue would be shown before it as a treat for fans in attendance. Guess that means they'll probably release it to the public shortly after that event so we have that to look forward to soon in terms new story content.
We should get that anime prologue on 15th December mmh I'm wondering if this prologue took place 2000 years ago or what...

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Its december and not a single word about the level editor :|

and it doesnt seen to be coming with the 12th update
I wouldn't count on it unless they throw it around the time the Ep Ardyn is released. I feel like the only reason why we are even getting the FFXIV Event was because it was already worked and a good chunk done based on the datamine. And for Ep Ardyn they are just reusing older assets; like I seriously doubt we'll see any new custom character models other than human Somnus or something that can quickly be made by their character editor. The pre-invaded Insomnia was technically already made they just needed it to be retextured from what the film used and optimize the poly count to something luminous engine could handle. They showed a game render of it in the Dossier when the Royal Edition came out so it seemed like it was already being worked on as well before the cancellation. I would be really surprised if we get any additional mechanics or assets whether in the Windows or console versions at this point unless they plan on doing something as a farewell or thank you when Ep. Ardyn comes out but even then it will be small or something they were close to finishing before SE decided to move on to other projects officially.

Edit: I realize I tend to naysayer all the time on the forum I don't mean to be. I rather just not give my hopes up. What happened to Windows Edition is kinda messed up and kinda blows that it was mismanaged too, like they spent way too much time trying to make it pretty rather than creating assets so it had longer playability. I feel like this game has been cursed from the beginning (It is technically the 13th installment if you don't count XI and XIV) and it's just been one disappointment after another starting from it's delay, to it's narrative changes to it's general release. Let's hope the FFVII (we'll find out in February) and FFXVI will be in a better state on release and better streamlined.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
What's the logic begind W.E not having new content (are we forgetting the expanded chapter 14 and Armiger Unleash...) = mismanaged? The vanilla game already had a long playability of 90hs, about the same as VII & VIII, and W.E made it 20hs longer, I don't see why I needs to be longer.

Last edited: