Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Grumbleman

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 28, 2018
Really hoping that this last update gives us a few more missions in a new hub (Insomnia!) instead of just high level boss "raids".
I don't see the online community lasting long enough for some people to grind their level and materials for better weapons to even take on the new bosses.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Whatever bigger plans they had for Comrades were probably dropped, we're only just now getting 1 of the 2 big Comrades updates, and I don't even think we'll get the 2nd big update anymore with the raids. They had the rug pulled out from under them is what it feels like regarding the whole stand alone Comrades thing.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Oh yeah, there was suppose to be a summer update.

Wonder what they'll do for January & February since there aren't any dates for content on those months, unless they decide to skip those two which is probable.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
like....how...this game is so shitty T _ T
That's not even the peak of mobile games, I think Fate/Grand Order makes something like $80M USD a month :I

Nope, you dont need the standalone version if you already own FFXV plus Comrades dlc.
Man I really like how Comrades in accessed from the main game menu. I already have EP Duscae, Platinum Demo, Kings Journey on my PS4 - then there are people who have Kingsglaive digitally and Monsters of the Deep. We don't need Comrades to be separate too. At this rate I can make a folder on my console dedicated to FFXV lol..

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Honestly it pisses me off that the gap between the standalone Comrades update and the last patch release from March(?) is this wide.

Seeing as the community numbers aren't exactly that high on consoles, and almost non-existent on PC, i just can't see how the team can expect more than a mild spike to happen for Comrades' player base once it releases. I hate feeling this way but with my already low desire to get back into Comrades again, i would have rather wanted updates for the main game this month while letting Comrades be put to rest after it's March patch. :/

At least the XIV collab still exists.
Comrades was just their playground test for a multiplayer co-op FF AAA title, I dont think they ever planned to invest too much in that mode based on how simple and formulaic it ended up being.

there is a certain quality to it (battle system, weapon upgrading, character creator) but the atrocious loading times, repetitive gameplay, lame hub, lack of exploration, lack of pvp or dungeons to change pace just puts this below the competition.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Comrades was just their playground test for a multiplayer co-op FF AAA title, I dont think they ever planned to invest too much in that mode based on how simple and formulaic it ended up being.

there is a certain quality to it (battle system, weapon upgrading, character creator) but the atrocious loading times, repetitive gameplay, lame hub, lack of exploration, lack of pvp or dungeons to change pace just puts this below the competition.
I don't know if this was really them experimenting rather just a concept thrown in by Tabata considering this is a similar concept to Type-0 psp version but with a hub area.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
I think their main source of inspiration for this mode was actually Monster Hunter.

It'd make Comrades much more interesting if they implemented some sort of pre-hunt tracking for big marks, sorta like they did for the Deadeye quest (but randomized) and if monsters could flee to different parts of the map at some points during the fight.

It's really a shame, because this mode has a legitimately great combat variety and progression system

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Seems that at the Kingsglaive screening they're gonna answer some questions asked from Twitter with the hashtag "#KG上映会質問募集". Though since it's Kingsglaive staff answering the questions they would most likely be answering questions pertaining to only Kingsglaive itself rather than the game.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
FFXV development drama, then cut short.

And just when I thought nothing else could happen, Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei are being officially remade with Sega's permission.

What next?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/a4w9zq
We talked very often about how to execute the FFXV Universe inside the main game and this idea is one of the best ones i've read.

I hope we can get a final update for the game that ads this content and a hard mode. With this i would be happy.

Also, Tabata said updates would be sparce because where ment to be bigger. I hope they prepared enought content before dlc cancellation so SE aproved finishing it.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Lol they changed the model's face from a skull to death claws. I reaaaaalllllyyyyyy hope they add Deathgaze in to the main game. Not necessarily with the new patch tonight/tomorrow, just before they are completely done in March. Another disappointing aspect was there wasn't enough unique hunts or bosses that are found in game. So many recolors.

Edit: Weirdly enough that clip gave me a shred of hope that they'll throw in the little content that was nearly finished but cut into FFXV for the final patches. I've been considering of replaying from scratch (no new game plus) for a bit. If they add in stuff it gives me that much more of a reason.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Deathgaze may have replaced Adamantoise if they scrapped plans for raids but if not then we could see other surprise guests on that list of ten bosses.
That would be an interesting choice, considering that we thought Deathgaze was cut from the game, and it originally had a skull for a head, and the finalized version of it has a Deathclaw head instead, so it's interesting they decided to bring it back.