Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
That would be an interesting choice, considering that we thought Deathgaze was cut from the game, and it originally had a skull for a head, and the finalized version of it has a Deathclaw head instead, so it's interesting they decided to bring it back.
They also placed smoke to cover the triple pelvis bones, most likely all of this was done to work around censorship laws for China. It's too bad they waited till the very end to make this work around and something that has a possibility to be an exclusive boss for just Comrades. I want this in the main game. I really don't think I want to replay Comrades, unless the loading times are fixed and they've fixed the protect the hut missions.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
They also placed smoke to cover the triple pelvis bones, most likely all of this was done to work around censorship laws for China. It's too bad they waited till the very end to make this work around and something that has a possibility to be an exclusive boss for just Comrades. I want this in the main game. I really don't think I want to replay Comrades, unless the loading times are fixed and they've fixed the protect the hut missions.
the protect the hut missions are so much bullshit lol they pissed me off everytime

Feb 19, 2018
Wow, so they can give us a brand new summon that wasn't even originally in the game in the form of the Garuda but we still haven't gotten Bahamut even though they have all the animations for him done lol. Anyway looks sick, I'm excited for all the new stuff they added, wasn't expecting such a relatively hefty package from this collab. I think I even spotted a new sword in there with a green aura unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Wow, so they can give us a brand new summon that wasn't even originally in the game in the form of the Garuda but we still haven't gotten Bahamut even though they have all the animations for him done lol. Anyway looks sick, I'm excited for all the new stuff they added, wasn't expecting such a relatively hefty package from this collab. I think I even spotted a new sword in there with a green aura unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Its the Vortex weapons that were found in the datamine. Its a sword, greatsword, daggers, and, gun. Color me surprised. I totally did not expect a new summon. I guess that means this collab might be permanent then? If they re going this route (adding the cut content back into the game) maybe they might do that Forest of Memory (The quest that was also found with the Terra Wars and FFXIV data) in the last update and might result in having the Sylleblossom accessory as the reward. Didn't Tabata say that the updates were going to be much bigger ones? You're messing with me Square.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Just beat the XIV content, moving on to the comrades bosses now.
Garuda in XV (the new summon) is a messenger who lost her name when she was striken down by the gods. Upon slaying Garuda of XIV's world she claims her name.
Some of the dialogue definitely hints towards Episode Noctis, feel like we could have ended up getting some crazy stuff with the messengers. The new summon is awesome.

EDIT: Gonna stream the new Comrades content if anyone doesn't have it but is interested. Can catch me @ Twitch.tv/Loganightlegend

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Ok just finished the XIV stuff, really nice and had some pretty funny dialogue too, I also didn't expect there to be a shop to trade in stuff afterwards, and there seems to be more weapons listed in the shop than were previously mentioned in the datamine iirc.

XV Garuda coming in and beating XIV Garuda was sick, and getting Garuda as a permanent summon feels like a proper meaningful DLC reward

There was a bit in the event where Noctis dissapearded and then reappeared a few seconds later through a portal and seemed pretty dazed, I have no doubt that Noctis was teleported to the XIV world during that bit and we were seeing him coming back to XV's world. Ignis mentions that the teleporter that was at the base is of old Solheim technology too. All in all this XIV event seems actually canon to the events of XV, unlike some of the other crossover DLC.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Comrades update is underwhelming but what did I expect lol

Each new boss has two versions, one around level 45-50 and a second that unlocks after beating the first one that's closer to level 70-99. There's an Ardyn+Ravus boss that feels impossible, the rest are fun and their higher level forms are challenging. Deathclaw looks cool but isn't all that fun to fight given that your only options for 90% of the fight are aerial or ranged, ruling out katanas and maces. His remixed theme is a bop though.

The new gear is neat, you can get all of the new stuff as rare drops from the different bosses or save up currency that you get from the bosses to trade in for them. Good luck with that though, Glauca's armor takes like 90. At the very least if you want Biggs and Wedge's gear it'll take you 30 fights each.

EDIT: Also I read on the subreddit that Matsuda is in the update but I have yet to find him, he's not on the new menu with the other new bosses. Not right off the bat, at least.

Last edited: