Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
From what I'm reading, on the lv.45 & 120 optional fights, to avoid Garuda's instant kill move (the one that causes the "error message") you need to have all four pilars still standing by the time she does that giant AoE blowback windmove. Appearently it's a nod to her raid challenge in XIV (I am not familiar with XIV).

Can't confirm its veracity since I haven't managed to keep all four pilars standing, yet.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
yeah now when i think about it, if the brother is somnus it's quite logical for her to be stella...i never liked how they called him somnus. that song was way too important for a dlc character :/

Feb 19, 2018
yeah now when i think about it, if the brother is somnus it's quite logical for her to be stella...i never liked how they called him somnus. that song was way too important for a dlc character :/
Him being named Somnus doesn't mean its his theme now, I think it was the devs just throwing in a fun nod to the song since it's been with the game since it's very first iteration and Somnus happens to be the first king. Both share that theme of being old and there from the very beginning in different contexts. The lyrics to it still very much detail Noctis' journey though and that holds more weight to me than just having matching names.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Him being named Somnus doesn't mean its his theme now, I think it was the devs just throwing in a fun nod to the song since it's been with the game since it's very first iteration and Somnus happens to be the first king. Both share that theme of being old and there from the very beginning in different contexts. The lyrics to it still very much detail Noctis' journey though and that holds more weight to me than just having matching names.
yeah, of course it doesn't mean that it's his theme now, but it kind of noticably links music with that guy anyway aaand i really don't think that we need any more mess like that in ff xv

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
The XIV DLC was fun, it tied to the lore of the game even though it is kinda silly at times. I wouldn’t mind if they kept it in permanently. But the grind for the weapons sucks :(

Off to try out comrades now, still not happy how they separated it out..

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
The XIV DLC was fun, it tied to the lore of the game even though it is kinda silly at times. I wouldn’t mind if they kept it in permanently. But the grind for the weapons sucks :(

Off to try out comrades now, still not happy how they separated it out..
If you thought the grind for Garuda's weapons is bad... Have fun with that new Comrades content lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
I just saw, 99 tokens for most of the good stuff. Oh god
Luckily with the Garuda weapons you can find 3 sets of 30 tomestones in the Keep. That nets you all the starter weapons and 2 of the upgraded. If youre on level 120 with the Founder's Sigil you beat the level 45 Garuda in a few minutes for the next 30 tomestones. I was able to do it in an hour or two. It's just repetitive. As of now I have all 4 vortex weapons and 2 of the base weapons (I'm a completionist, I have to get one of everything.). I figure it will take me another hour to get the other two to have all 8.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Fuck yeah! The anime happens while Ardyn is waiting to Noct come out of the Crystal!
Probably the Episode will happen at the same time too.
This makes me think we will get an overall narrative improvement with Episode Ardyn and we may get all the Marilith/Platinum Demo thingy happening here.

Please Square, give us a final update with Brotherhood and Episodes implemented T_T

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I'm glad it's actually not showing that much since they usually spoiled the entire things in the Brotherhood anime trailers.

Fuck yeah! The anime happens while Ardyn is waiting to Noct come out of the Crystal!
Probably the Episode will happen at the same time too.
This makes me think we will get an overall narrative improvement with Episode Ardyn and we may get all the Marilith/Platinum Demo thingy happening here.

Please Square, give us a final update with Brotherhood and Episodes implemented T_T
It takes place 2000 years ago judging by Somnus and the whole Ardyn being corrupted stuff, the bit of him on the throne is probably gonna be him sitting there and reminiscing about the past and it showing the stuff 2000 years ago as a flashback.