Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I think the problem is that Square's upper management has lost sight of what's important, they're in too much of a hurry to rush into the next big thing that will alter the future of gaming forever rather than focusing on something smaller like crafting a well made and memorable experience with what they currently have. Their ambitions have gotten too grand and are getting in the way of their work at this point. Only thing that can save Square at this point is a change in leadership that understands the importance of making do with what you currently have while not being so blinded by the future. Either that or the current leadership needs a very rude awakening though idk what that would be exactly.
Well, based on the Gematsu article, there's another, more sympathetic possibility -- that Tabata's replacement simply wasn't that invested in the project and wanted to make something that he was truly passionate about. If that's the case, we might actually end up better off in the long term. =P

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Remaining questions that Ardyn might answer really makes me hope for them to at least explain the context of what actually happened to Luna/Noctis in the end. Are they ghosts? Dreams? Is it something else? I really want Ep Ardyn to give us just a bit more clarity on the ending. Thats really all it needs

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Remaining questions that Ardyn might answer really makes me hope for them to at least explain the context of what actually happened to Luna/Noctis in the end. Are they ghosts? Dreams? Is it something else? I really want Ep Ardyn to give us just a bit more clarity on the ending. Thats really all it needs
It was pretty clearly the afterlife in my eyes, feel like there's bigger questions to answer imo

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
The questions Episode Ardyn should answer are:
-Are Astrals the assholes?
-Did Ifrit brought the Starscourge from the meteor he used to crash Titan? If not. Where did it come from?
-Was Ardyn tricked to absorb the Starscourge?
-Did Ardyn had any malice before he was infected?
-Did Somnus and the woman betrayed Ardyn?
-Did he knocked out Ifrit and Shiva personally?
-Is there any consistency in Ardyns voodoo magic?
-When did Ardyn learned about the true King of Light?
-What implication had Regis on the plot?
-Was Noctis aware to all of this?
-Where do Noct and Ardyn fight when they die?
-How does Noctis gets in Angelgard?
-Why was Noct chosen?
-Why Angelgard?

We have some idea of those answers already, but it would be better if we receive it loud and clear from the game.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
That's referred to as the "Phantom Wedding" at the FF 30th anniversary display for it.

Apr 13, 2018
I hope that Ifrit is either the Cor, Aranea, Noctis of the DLC or that we get to summon him as Ardyn.
Yeah i hope Ifrit is summonable and fighting against Bahamut as Ardyn would be awesome + maybe we'll get Bahamut summonable after finishing episode Ardyn. I don't really mind if they charge the DLC with $25-30 even $35-40 if it has a good chunk of content.

Edit : add new magic attacks/more varied magic attacks, new daemons to fight in the main game and hard mode of course.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I think that was the afterlife. Also, Paper, have you played the FFXIV collab yet and what did you think of it and the things we got from it?

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
I think that was the afterlife. Also, Paper, have you played the FFXIV collab yet and what did you think of it and the things we got from it?
Havent yet, since i found out it was a permanent addition like the Terra Wars collab (i think this is permanant?), im going to wait until Episode ardyn releases and whatever possible final patch comes with it. Garuda is an amazing addition and im happy that they used another base for the event. Hoping the episode or a final update that possibly comes with Ardyn allows us to do a few things though:

Namely:

- Unlockable Ifrit Summon (we dont have a fire element summon)
- Unlockable Bahamut summon (preferably the method where Luna is summoned first and used as a party member as it was intended in the data, but i digress)
- Easier method of selecting summons overall.

If any of this could could happen, id be 100% content with the game and what we've gotten.

I am personally expecting there to be another major patch with Ardyn, simply because they need reasons to entice people to play the game beyond just being a 5-10 dollar DLC, and i think that is extremely important. I have a little hope in being surprised, and I'm hoping it has to do with Luna being a summonable party member post game, especially if they want to make it up to Luna fans after cancelling DLC. Its possible, that like Garuda, it is an intended feature to be released (Garuda and a Luna party member was seen in the files almost a year ago at this point)

Yeah i hope Ifrit is summonable and fighting against Bahamut as Ardyn would be awesome + maybe we'll get Bahamut summonable after finishing episode Ardyn. I don't really mind if they charge the DLC with $25-30 even $35-40 if it has a good chunk of content.

Edit : add new magic attacks/more varied magic attacks, new daemons to fight in the main game and hard mode of course.

If it was anything remotely that price, theyd have to include half of Niflheim or new areas to make it worth it lol. I doubt itll be more than the Insomnia section we get, people did want more of it lol (though, i was totally fine the Royal pack, so idk why we needed more of the same). The fact that Ardyn is even in insomnia fucking stuff up is still odd to me and may break Kingsglaive canon, so idk how i feel about it yet. We'll see how it ends.

Anyway i expect ardyn to be the biggest DLC (5-15 bucks depending on the size), but i dont expect it to be longer than 5 hours. Hopefully it does unlock summons though for the base game in the least, or possibly a free update comes with it like i was saying before to conclude FFXV development and thank patient fans.

Last edited:

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Havent yet, since i found out it was a permanent addition like the Terra Wars collab (i think this is permanant?), im going to wait until Episode ardyn releases and whatever possible final patch comes with it. Garuda is an amazing addition and im happy that they used another base for the event. Hoping the episode or a final update that possibly comes with Ardyn allows us to do a few things though:

Namely:

- Unlockable Ifrit Summon (we dont have a fire element summon)
- Unlockable Bahamut summon (preferably the method where Luna is summoned first and used as a party member as it was intended in the data, but i digress)
- Easier method of selecting summons overall.

If any of this could could happen, id be 100% content with the game and what we've gotten.

I am personally expecting there to be another major patch with Ardyn, simply because they need reasons to entice people to play the game beyond just being a 5-10 dollar DLC, and i think that is extremely important. I have a little hope in being surprised, and I'm hoping it has to do with Luna being a summonable party member post game, especially if they want to make it up to Luna fans after cancelling DLC. Its possible, that like Garuda, it is an intended feature to be released (Garuda and a Luna party member was seen in the files almost a year ago at this point)

If it was anything remotely that price, theyd have to include half of Niflheim or new areas to make it worth it lol. I doubt itll be more than the Insomnia section we get, people did want more of it lol (though, i was totally fine the Royal pack, so idk why we needed more of the same). The fact that Ardyn is even in insomnia fucking stuff up is still odd to me and may break Kingsglaive canon, so idk how i feel about it yet. We'll see how it ends.

Anyway i expect ardyn to be the biggest DLC (5-15 bucks depending on the size), but i dont expect it to be longer than 5 hours. Hopefully it does unlock summons though for the base game in the least, or possibly a free update comes with it like i was saying before to conclude FFXV development and thank patient fans.
Yeah, Perpetouss Keep was one of the unused imperial bases in the game at launch for a long time, as well as one of the bases Vyv told us to photograph, and now we can explore it. Also, the unused imperial base in Ostium Gorge in Leide is used in Comrades as the location where we fight Omega in the base in Comrades. Speaking of Comrades, they added Glauca's armor and sword to it, and included Deathgaze as a boss, it's skull head changed to Deathclaw's head and added smoke to the bottom,

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
March 2019 will be the most important update for XV, in my opinion - not only are they delivering what I assume is the biggest dlc in terms of dev time and fan anticipation, but also it is an important dlc for devs since they’ll have to fill it with the cut/unrealized content to the best of their ability.

Moreover, each dlc came with a big update to the base game, and this brings the final update, I assume it’ll be big. It’s also the end of this “saga” so I assume they’d want to go out on a high note, I’m lowkey expecting surprises.

It sounds to me like the devs are upset and that they know the fans are upset, so I could see a lot of effort being put into this. Plus since the game will not be updated anymore, they’d have to wrap it up and have it as complete and fixed as it can be. I know I always get burned with XV expectations, but now more than ever I expect a good update.

Oct 26, 2017
Costa Rica
先週末に大阪で行われたKINGSGLAIVE FFXV上映会は皆様のお蔭で無事終了いたしました。 会場にお越しいただけた方、お越しいただけなかった方に感謝の気持ちを込めてこちらのアートを公開いたします。#KINGSGLAIVE#FF15

The kingsglaive FFXV screening that was held in Osaka last weekend was finished successfully with the thanks of everyone. If you come to the venue, we will publish the art here with a feeling of gratitude to those who were not able to come. #KINGSGLAIVE #FF15

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Well, if you looks closely in the art, they put both logos, the Final Fantasy XV game logo & the KINGSGLAIVE: Final Fantasy XV movie logo. So, is a mix of both products.
hm yeah, that's true. but i first read tweet that was clearly about the movie, not game so i assumed it's a movie poster...