Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Apparently a new "A" Achievement was found on Steam

It's speculated to be a placeholder, so either it's related to EP. Ardyn or a new update altogether. We'll likely find out sooner or later.

In regards to the Q/A stuff, I'm more interested in them answering when production of the Anime precisely began.

The only thing we have clear is that Nomura didn't forgot Versus XIII and he's pushing his vision to still make it real.
Well...one of those is pretty accurate.

Last edited:

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I hope in the Q&A they give some definitive layouts for their intentions for the cancelled DLC. IIRC, the dev team still had designs on releasing the content of the DLC in some form even if it wasn't a game. I'm thinking they will just end up being novels or something else low costing. I can't see another anime being made after the Ardyn prologue.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Just as a reminder, while the dev team expressed desire to make the cancelled DLC stories in some alternative format, SQEX itself has made no formal confirmation about it being the case in their press release.
https://press.na.square-enix.com/re...cond-anniversary-with-new-content-and-an-impo
Precisely why I would hope the dev team could provide a proper answer so that fans in general are aware. As far as I'm concerned, this game has reached its end once Episode Ardyn drops. I don't see higher-ups sinking anymore money into this game. They probably want the focus shifted to next-gen and/or Switch.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Final Fantasy XV brought fans who had never even heard of Final Fantasy into the fold, but then Tabata left and the new fans were pissed and left with him and everything went right back to the way it was.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
that makes no sense whatsoever

its not like Tabata became some mega popular director, far from it, most of the new fans dont even know or care he left the company.
They really didn’t keep any new fans for the long term. They came and went and everything went right back to the way it was.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
You can care about the series/games without knowing or caring about the people involved. For example I like the Tales of the Abyss from the Tales series but I have no idea who directed it or if that person is still at Namco.
Hideo Baba. He recently went to Square Enix and his next game has been announced recently.

I know it goes against your point, but maybe now you're curious about his next project xD

Mk Rec

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Nov 8, 2018
Hell no. Baba was stonewalled at Namco after screwing up Zestiria with his OC donut steel Mary Sue waifu. He needs to stay at Namco where he can do no further harm.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
I don't think XV did anything to change newcomers' perception of the franchise. It's not so much the director's departure but the trail of broken promises left in it's wake.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016

"FFXV" Official comic "FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuncle" 14th episode # FFXV # FF15 https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/EPC_14.html ...

https://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/EPC_14.html

The 14th: Alanya and Biggs & Wedge

Ambra "The cars are wearing a clear reward costume of collaboration quest with" FINAL FANTASY XIV "!"

Prakers "It is very adorable with ears and tail, the cars are going well, and this time, it seems that the Imperial Army Ryuukishi · Aranaya also came out ..."

Ambra "Although Alanya is a brigadier of the Imperial Army, it will be kind to the former mercenary or the nocturnal, he will also provide training."

Principa "Biggs and wedges will adore her because of its virtue, is not it?"

Ambra "It's interesting that Biggs and Wedges are all different types at all."

Principle "Biggs is gambling and has a bright personality, but wedge contrasts worriedly.The wedge seems to be supporting the shadow while paying attention to fear of Alanair and unbelievable Biggs,

Ambra "It's becoming a well-balanced trio"

Principal "She sometimes carries out cooking to a group," FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES "you can eat the dish" well ethum · casserole "made by Aranair."

Ambra "It's a nice looking smile, it's home cooking in the Wetthamus region with Teito Glarea! Surely Alanya is from the Well-et-tam region, is not it?"

"Final Fantasy XV" Famitsu.com special site> FINAL FANTASY XV episode car basket> "FINAL FANTASY XV Episode Carbuncle" episode 14 episode

google translate

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
It's likely for Episode Ardyn. The other episodes are 7 trophies a piece.
Considering we never got a specific date for when in March the episode is releasing and the fact that they've already added trophies to the game that are presumably for Episode Ardyn this early in february I'm guessing this means it's gonna be a really early march release then. I'm betting on a first week release with the anime prologue in the last week of February to hype everyone up.