Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I can see a revamped final fight against Ardyn, using part of his moveset from this episode.
The greatest wet dream would be a final boss in the afterlife.
After the QTE Ardyn body desintegrates, but this time it frees the Starscourge and we have a final fight destroying it with the help of the Kings of Yore, Luna, Regis, Nyx and redeemed Ardyn soul.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
so based on the interview a big secret involving Ardyn and Bahamut will be revealed in his dlc

as Bazztek said, Clarus will be featured (with little to none screen-time I imagine).

Something about the Black Chocobo, though I dont know if they were joking or not.

The idea to create an anime about Ardyn was decided around the time of the survey, and initially it was only going to be that since Ep Ignis was supposed to be the closure.

They also said they wanted to flesh out the relationship of Somnus, Aena and Ardyn and the old world but were limited by the duration

Thank God we received Royal Pack and the Ardyn stuff, I didnt care at all about the cancelled dlcs.
Indeed, I'm happy with the Royal Pack DLC and Episode: Ardyn DLC, and if the anime was the only thing we got from Ardyn, I think I would've been disappointed, thankfully, a DLC happened in the end, so I'm very happy and excited.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The thing I'm definitely interested in is the Dawn of the Future novelization. And that's it's coming "overseas" (probably means an English translation inbound).

This is the roughly translated story description, with localized terms substituted (e.g. Daemon for Shigai). Here's the original if anyone can translate it better. (amended to include lead)

"DO YOU RESIST THE GODS OR OBEY YOUR DESTINY. ANOTHER ENDING HIDDEN BY FINAL FANTASY XV.

A disappointed man meant to be king who saved the people from Daemons and the Starscourge - Ardyn.

On the Empire's last day, a Commodore is entrusted with a "girl of destiny" in the collapsing Imperial Capital - Aranea. (not at all sure about this translation).

After awakening from death, the Oracle sees her body is changing/mutating - Lunafreya.

And a true king watches his destiny through eternity (also could be "gazes long upon his destiny") - Noctis.

The story of the dawn of the world that reveals a new history for Final Fantasy XV."

The novel's being written by Emi Nagashima (Jun Eishima), the woman won wrote the FFXIII and Drakengard/Nier supplementary novels/short stories. The original story comes directly from XV's development team.

The novel by itself costs 1,620 yen (about £12/$15 in round figures).

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Here is a description for the novel stuff, seems like any "alt timeline" ep Ardyn stuff they were gonna do is now just in the novel instead, along with the rest of them.

I'm curious about Aranea's one because it mentions Aranea being entrusted to a girl of destiny on the day Niflheim crumbled, does that mean with Luna or someone else?

Luna's description also basically confirms her Episode was going to take place
after her death where she awakens from death and her body had been altered
And Noctis's is him as true king where he ponders his fate over a prolonged stretch of time, which I'm guessing means from within the crystal.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Since we got a totally new summon on the last collab event, anything is possible now, I will allow myself a bit of hope.

personally though I hope we can also get Somnus costume as reward, looks cool
Hey either way there's hope for that outfit thanks to modding. And even just having Ifrit summonable in the DLC is a dream come true for me so I'll be grateful either way (Ifrit is my favorite classic FF summon).

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Hey either way there's hope for that outfit thanks to modding. And even just having Ifrit summonable in the DLC is a dream come true for me so I'll be grateful either way (Ifrit is my favorite classic FF summon).
Ifrit being a party member is interesting and exciting to me, we also never had a Summon as a party member in the main game at all until now in Episode: Ardyn.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
If they revamp the final fight with Ardyn, I hope they also revamp Ifrit's fight to match what he was in Comrades. It was way more epic. Who knows maybe it might be exclusive for hard mode if they actually do it.

Edit: The only things I would want if they were to do a final major patch (highly unlikely) is :
-Hard Mode (item restriction)
-Integrate the DLC Episode story (this would involve removing optional content/ side quests that are found in Ignis and Prompto) at certain points in the story (Someone on the forum already showed where they could be but: Choco/Mog Carnival at the hotel in Altissia, Gladio at a campfire after he returns. Prompto at a rest point in Chapter 13, Ignis found in the beginning of Chapter 14 at the final campfire and Ardyn at chapter 15 at Ravatough where Ifrit's body/ heart is found).
-Add in the sigil abilities through equipment
-Changeable party members in Chapter 15/ Option of having Iris, Cor, and Aranea in party
-Add in new Daemons exclusive to Comrades Deathguise, Magic Pot, Nidus, maybe finally have the Gayla fightable
-Add in scrapped weapons like the starscourge daggers, the greatsword that was found in the Titan key art, the Lance polearm and wide edge greatsword that shown in early FFXV gameplay trailers.
-Summonable Bahamut in Chapter 15.
-Revamped fights with Ardyn and Ifrit

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I really hope that the giant Mystic boss fight isn't just a copy/paste of the Mystic's moveset from the Royal Edition, I can just see him trying to do that same tornado attack and absolutely murdering the framerate lol

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I really hope that the giant Mystic boss fight isn't just a copy/paste of the Mystic's moveset from the Royal Edition, I can just see him trying to do that same tornado attack and absolutely murdering the framerate lol
I just hope the fight wont be mechanically average like Leviathan / Titan or straight up badly designed like Adamantoise fight.

they still need to prove they can do giant bosses right.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I just hope the fight wont be mechanically average like Leviathan / Titan or straight up badly designed like Adamantoise fight.

they still need to prove they can do giant bosses right.
Yeah the Mystic fight in the Royal Edition works because it's that same well made one on one aerial combat that makes Aranea such an awesome opponent as well. We'll have to see how they pull off his giant form.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
If they revamp the final fight with Ardyn, I hope they also revamp Ifrit's fight to match what he was in Comrades. It was way more epic. Who knows maybe it might be exclusive for hard mode if they actually do it.

Edit: The only things I would want if they were to do a final major patch (highly unlikely) is :
-Integrate the DLC Episode story (this would involve removing optional content/ side quests that are found in Ignis and Prompto) at certain points in the story (Someone on the forum already showed where they could be but: Choco/Mog Carnival at the hotel in Altissia, Gladio at a campfire after he returns. Prompto at a rest point in Chapter 13, Ignis found in the beginning of Chapter 14 at the final campfire and Ardyn at chapter 15 at Ravatough where Ifrit's body/ heart is found).
-Changeable party members in Chapter 15/ Option of having Iris, Cor, and Aranea in party
-Add in new Daemons exclusive to Comrades Deathguise, Magic Pot, Nidus, maybe finally have the Gayla fightable
-Add in scrapped weapons like the starscourge daggers, the greatsword that was found in the Titan key art, the Lance polearm and wide edge greatsword that shown in early FFXV gameplay trailers.
They will probably use the Ifrit and Bahamuth from Comrades for when you fight them as Ardyn.
Episode Ardyn fits in when Noctis is in the Crystal. In chapter 14 he acts like he has some simpathy for Ardyn, is more mature and understands things we don't.
So, Bahamuth explaining the context for everything fits really well.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Something very interesting I've found.

In the Dawn of the Future description, the term "運命の少女/Unmei no shōjo/Girl of fate/doom" is used in Aranea's story blerb. That's exactly the same term used in the Japanese title of the Terra Wars collaboration quest (運命の少女と蝕まれし世界).

Just something I noticed. It's almost certainly a coincidence.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014

Honestly all these points are really cool and important features they have to at least add to the main game.
But sadly very unlikely as you said they update this even if some of them are not that difficult to add them.