Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
Year things: Sylva said it jumps, or what he knows jumps as he said before they didnt finish the scenes with the others and he was wondering how much would be in the animation. The reddit mods suggested it jumps around time periods too, they also discussed that people are assuming it'll have an extra battle but because it's out of another set of dlc that it could be different.

Sylva did say ages ago they had Insomnia done before, but made changes to what we got in the expanded one. The mods also said something about promo images having expanded Insomnia before we even got it.

So I think Sylva was right about them having it before, but why we didn't get that is just idk. Feels like some people know what's going on.
I'm dying of anticipation to finally know the full extent of the datamine.

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
Year things: Sylva said it jumps, or what he knows jumps as he said before they didnt finish the scenes with the others and he was wondering how much would be in the animation. The reddit mods suggested it jumps around time periods too, they also discussed that people are assuming it'll have an extra battle but because it's out of another set of dlc that it could be different.

Sylva did say ages ago they had Insomnia done before, but made changes to what we got in the expanded one. The mods also said something about promo images having expanded Insomnia before we even got it.

So I think Sylva was right about them having it before, but why we didn't get that is just idk. Feels like some people know what's going on.
Interesting, what kind of changes? Other than the destruction of course lol. I'm really curious how big the city is going to be... I'm hoping it's their original vision for it, as it was going to be before time constraints forced them to scrap it from the game.

Before this project finally comes to an end, after more than a decade... I'd like to see a full fledged Insomnia in-game.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
considering Adagium is one of Lucis dark secrets thats probably why the invasion was never mentioned, they tried to hide or cover everything about it as much as possible.

if the true story of what happened would come out it would shake the trust of the people, meaning the dinasty they followed for millenia was built in treason, that the gods allowed a murderer to be the worlds savior.

Inconsistecies aside I simply love the added layer on the story. Now Adagium story can be told.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
I'd like to know what the bonus mode and bonus fight for Episode Ardyn are going to be. Gladio had a score attack mode, Prompto had those awful snowmobile time trials, and Ignis had Verse 2 for their bonus modes and they made sense within the context of their respective episodes. So I'm curious as to what kind of extra mode Ardyn could be given that would fit within the context of his DLC and be unique to him.

Now this is just a wild guess on my part but I think I saw a score counter in a few of the clips for the DLC so maybe the extra mode could have you go through Insomnia and just cause as much chaos as you can to rack up the highest score possible. The more destruction caused, the higher the score and different tiers unlock different prizes to be used in the episode itself and the main game.

As for his bonus fight, if they hadn't pulled out Noctis for Episode Ignis he would've been my first guess but now I'm not so sure as to who is left that could be turned into a bonus boss. General rule of thumb in all the bonus fights has been that none of them are repeated bosses from the campaign of the Episodes so that rules out all the people we're gonna face within the story. So maybe Nyx? I don't think a Somnus boss fight is confirmed within the story yet so maybe Somnus is the extra boss. (Edit: referring to non Lucii Somnus)

Oh well, whatever the case may be, it should be cool to see what extra goodies are in the DLC especially since it seems it might be a dollar or two extra compared to the previous Episodes judging by the Japanese pricing.
My bet is a Verse 2 against Bahamuth.
He's teased in the trailer and being "Dawn of the Future" about a second timeline, i can see a what if of Ardyn defeating the gods.

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
My bet is a Verse 2 against Bahamuth.
He's teased in the trailer and being "Dawn of the Future" about a second timeline, i can see a what if of Ardyn defeating the gods.
A fight with Nyx would be pretty epic, and a good way to put to use that character model which already exists of him but I don't think he's even alive at that point is he? Certainly not old enough to fight anyway. Hmm... I wonder. Maybe it'll be a blast to the past where we have an opportunity to fight against Somnus & Gilgamesh and if we win we get a little cutscene showing us how different things could've been if Ardyn had become king.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
What if the entire attack is part of an alternate timeline or something, where instead of staying in Nifflehiem and turning its king into his puppet and preparing for an assault a few decades later Ardyn decides instead to attack Nifflehiem right away?
Just an idea. And on that note I think it would be pretty neat that if you play things out canonically during the episode you get to see a 5-10 minute cutscene showcasing a condensed version of the events of Kingsglaive.
Who knows for sure, but whatever alternative content Episode: Ardyn may have had, it may have been taken out to be put into the novel that was announced along with the cancelled DLC.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Looks like SE is restructuring again.
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/19q3Outline.pdf

According to that it says they are reorganizing and consoliding the 11 Business Divisions into 4 Business Units as of FY2020/3.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the DLC cancellation since the 3 DLC that were cancelled would have fallen into a FY2020 timeframe.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016

According to that it says they are reorganizing and consoliding the 11 Business Divisions into 4 Business Units as of FY2020/3.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the DLC cancellation since the 3 DLC that were cancelled would have fallen into a FY2020 timeframe.
Is there a game or additional content that has been canceled and has been reinstated?

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018

If the cancellation was made with this in mind, then it means that there's no cut resources for the Episode and final update.
It makes me more hopeful for what we're gonna receive next month.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

That actually seems a good move on their part.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

Wow. That's quite a shift. Assuming they go through with it.

They've had a very large number of departments/divisions ever since the Enix merger in 2003. Back in the Production Department days they had 10 (eight from Square, two from Enix), then that expanded to 11 Business Divisions following the 2013 restructuring.

This scaling back does makes sense as they've transitioned from developing everything completely in-house to outsourcing AA or less vital games to external studios while keeping larger or more significant projects in-house. They've also started creating second-party studios (Tokyo RPG Factory, Studio Istolia, Luminous Productions) which handle projects separate from their established IPs.

So, actually, consolidating the current structure into a more manageable unit could work in the company's favour. If they handle it right.

Goodness knows how it'll affect in-development projects.

Unoder

Yevonite
Feb 20, 2018
Just speculating here but it seems Ardyn has a Summoning Meter instead of a Armiger one that will, presumably, let you play as Ifrit when it's fully charged. I mean there's a moment in the video where you can see the techniques available during that mode and all of them belong to Ifrit, and there's a completely new moveset on the side of the screen so... maaaaybe.

I hope I'm right because that would be pretty epic.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
considering Adagium is one of Lucis dark secrets thats probably why the invasion was never mentioned, they tried to hide or cover everything about it as much as possible.

if the true story of what happened would come out it would shake the trust of the people, meaning the dinasty they followed for millenia was built in treason, that the gods allowed a murderer to be the worlds savior.

Inconsistecies aside I simply love the added layer on the story. Now Adagium story can be told.
The funny thing is, if the treachery wasn't a secret, it probably wouldn't have done as much damage.

Like, Somnus' closest real-life parallel would probably be King David, whose successor was born to a woman he had taken from her husband by intentionally sending said husband off on a suicide mission. And that's in the official records!

Of course, the problem with Ardyn is that his existence is better hidden for reasons other than Somnus' reputation. If Ardyn had actually died, though, Somnus being honest about what happened almost certainly would have been better in the long run.

EDIT: Waaaaaaaait a second. I might have figured Somnus out!

So, for most of the episode, Somnus is cold and pragmatic. He does whatever he thinks he has to, without letting inconvenient emotions or empathy get in the way.

But then, when he confronts Ardyn, he changes completely. Instead of his usual cold, rational mask, he smirks and struts and makes wild false accusations in front of as big an audience as he could muster, attacks his brother as if he'd been waiting for the opportunity for ages, calls the murdered Oracle "foolish woman," and teams up with his shield to continue slashing at Ardyn even after Ardyn turns his back to them.

...and, once the witnesses are gone, Somnus' expressions go pensive and blank again.

What if Somnus wanted his people to think that his rewriting of history was the result of him being a terrible person, so that no one would ever have any reason to consider that Ardyn might have been hidden because he was still dangerous? That'd certainly explain how different he seems in that scene.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Something interesting to point out is that we can see people using the teleportation Caelum powers to fight against Ifrit while Ardyn is wearing his white outfit.
I have no clue to what are they're doing in a Niffleheim base.

Aside from that, i could swear Somnus is dubbed by Ray Chase. This could mean that he recorded things before his last work as Noctis ( he stated that his last day at the job was with his couple doing the FFXIV collab). Opening the possibility to have more cutscenes introduced in the game.

Feb 19, 2018
Something interesting to point out is that we can see people using the teleportation Caelum powers to fight against Ifrit while Ardyn is wearing his white outfit.
I have no clue to what are they're doing in a Niffleheim base.

Aside from that, i could swear Somnus is dubbed by Ray Chase. This could mean that he recorded things before his last work as Noctis ( he stated that his last day at the job was with his couple doing the FFXIV collab). Opening the possibility to have more cutscenes introduced in the game.
Not sure why, what appear to be, Regis' Glaives are there but the dialogue (which is kinda hard to hear) during that scene has Ardyn asking Ifrit for his blessing to gain his power so the context for the fight is that it's Ifrit's trial. It also seems like they're using Ifrit's original model for that fight before they updated it to have the Starscourge on it in chapter 14 which makes sense since it looks like when Ifrit is holding Ardyn in his hand he starts to corrupt him. So that raises the interesting question of whether or not Ifrit actually willingly joined Ardyn. The game has always been really vague about the circumstances of their partnership so it should be cool to have that cleared up. It'll also be cool if we finally get to hear Ifrit talk, at least before he's turned into a daemon.