Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

okayyy anyone has any clues about aranea and luna's one? like wtf
Well...I've got two things.

The first is simple. We know from the premise that Lunafreya will revive somehow, so why couldn't the "girl of destiny" be Luna herself, with her "destiny" being tied to how she resurrected. It could be that elements within Nilfheim entrusted Aranea with her protection after it became clear that Ardyn had corrupted the Emperor and other elements such as Verstael.

The Luna thing is a little crazier. Suppose that at some point during the Leviathan ritual when she was weakened and dying, she was infected by the Scourge. This resurrected her, but because of her powers as the Oracle, it didn't turn her into a Daemon or into something like Ardyn. Her body would likely be different somehow; perhaps she's stripped of her divine powers because of the infection, but as the two were in action at once, they revived her and cancelled each other out. If it took time for her to revive, and in that time her reconstituted body was found by Niflheim and taken to Gralea in secret. I mean, someone who resurrected out of seemingly nowhere, and isn't a Daemon?

This scenario almost certainly won't happen.

Feb 19, 2018
Drautos is a cool character, still salty theres no daemonic Glauca to fight.

would have added an extra weight to the final chapter.
The decision to not add Glauca even as a daemon at some point becomes even weirder considering they made his costume an unlockable within Comrades a while ago. Meaning they had the assets to actually make that a thing just laying around but didn't do anything with them. Seriously Square, wtf? Glauca's like the easiest way to connect the game to the movie and give us payoff to the plot threads within it. It lets us avenge Nyx, Regis, and Insomnia all in one go while also restoring the honor of the Glaives. It would've been such a great and personal fight for both the player and Noct. Hell they could've even used that mechanic where your Comrades character joins you for this fight as a final way to atone for their betrayal by standing with the King like they should have all those years ago.

It still boggles my mind how this wasn't included in the Royal Pack content. Imagine stumbling across the crater where Glauca and Nyx's fight ended and suddenly a dormant Daemon erupts from within the rubble. The dust settles and it's a daemonified Glauca. Then your Glaive informs Noctis of who this monster is and upon hearing his name Glauca goes berserk thus starting the fight. Sprinkle in some dialogue from Glauca where in broken english he gloats about killing Regis and destroying Insomnia, just 3 or 4 lines, and bam you've got a good boss fight on your hands.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Honestly other than the Aranea story nothing of value has been lost. The Noct/Luna dlc both were meant to change the game’s ending, which i think was the best part of XV.
Even the Aranea story seems to have been designed as part of the altered canon, given the unexpected presence of a so-called "girl of destiny." Seeing the fall of the Niflheim Empire would have been great, but I get the feeling that might not have ever been the focus of Episode Aranea... which could explain why it was cancelled along with the two definitely-AU DLCs while Ardyn's largely-canon DLC was retained.

Actually... thinking about the connections between the DLCs and the idea of the "girl of destiny," I wonder if the underlying concept might be to explore Solheim's legacy further. Niflheim was obsessed with Solheim's tech, so it'd be relatively simple to have them find and study a girl from Solheim who was still alive because of the time-space manipulation Solheim used to create Pitioss, or something. Then all they'd have to do is use the complete blank slate that is Solheim tech to allow Noct and Luna to confront the Astrals and reject their destiny. >_>;

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Even the Aranea story seems to have been designed as part of the altered canon, given the unexpected presence of a so-called "girl of destiny." Seeing the fall of the Niflheim Empire would have been great, but I get the feeling that might not have ever been the focus of Episode Aranea... which could explain why it was cancelled along with the two definitely-AU DLCs while Ardyn's largely-canon DLC was retained.

Actually... thinking about the connections between the DLCs and the idea of the "girl of destiny," I wonder if the underlying concept might be to explore Solheim's legacy further. Niflheim was obsessed with Solheim's tech, so it'd be relatively simple to have them find and study a girl from Solheim who was still alive because of the time-space manipulation Solheim used to create Pitioss, or something. Then all they'd have to do is use the complete blank slate that is Solheim tech to allow Noct and Luna to confront the Astrals and reject their destiny. >_>;
"Omega is only one of many weapons prepared to defeat the Gods. There's rumors about a machine called Vegnagun, that can absorb the power of the Gods and use it to destroy the scourge at the cost of their lives."

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016

You know, if they did take the approach of the "girl" being a new character, then this would actually follow a similar pattern to that of XIII series and Type-0 universe; a young girl whose presence in the story is key to the divine side of the plot and overall resolution. In the XIII series, that was Yeul, while in Type-0 it's Tiz.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
You know, if they did take the approach of the "girl" being a new character, then this would actually follow a similar pattern to that of XIII series and Type-0 universe; a young girl whose presence in the story is key to the divine side of the plot and overall resolution. In the XIII series, that was Yeul, while in Type-0 it's Tiz.
Huh, that's a good point! Maybe the girl could have connections to the abandoned FNC elements...

...maybe she's Stella. *ROFL*

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Huh, that's a good point! Maybe the girl could have connections to the abandoned FNC elements...

...maybe she's Stella. *ROFL*
Well, it was there already with Luna being the Oracle, as Yuel (Seeress of Etro) and Tiz (immortal servant of Arecia al-Rashia) are also directly tied to divine tasks, but it just struck me.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Well, it was there already with Luna being the Oracle, as Yuel (Seeress of Etro) and Tiz (immortal servant of Arecia al-Rashia) are also directly tied to divine tasks, but it just struck me.
I know. I just thought the potential to bring Stella back was funny given how much the devs for KHIII and FFXV seem to be messing with each other recently (KHIII with Yozora and FFXV with the copied chess motif).

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Even if your ideas are really interesting to read and devate, i can't stop thinking that we dodged a bullet with the cancellation those episodes.

During years the majority of people asked for character development and filling plotholes. But the Dawn of the Future content looked like it wanted to build a new story on top of the inconcistent narrative of the original, and go to a different path from what they constructed, ditching the original idea.

If we look at what we have speculated during this months, the only solutions that we found where time travel, alternative worlds and resurrections.
All this ruin narrative and stakes.
I only have to look back at the XIII Trilogy and KHIII, to know how much bullshit those premises are and how far i want them to any story.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Even if your ideas are really interesting to read and devate, i can't stop thinking that we dodged a bullet with the cancellation those episodes.

During years the majority of people asked for character development and filling plotholes. But the Dawn of the Future content looked like it wanted to build a new story on top of the inconcistent narrative of the original, and go to a different path from what they constructed, ditching the original idea.

If we look at what we have speculated during this months, the only solutions that we found where time travel, alternative worlds and resurrections.
I only have to look back at the XIII Trilogy and KHIII, to know how much bullshit those premises are and how far i want them to any story.
I thought those things kinda worked within XIII, time-travel not so much though

but given XVs realistic approach it wouldnt match imo

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, at least with regards to FFXV. My interest in this Dawn of the Future novel is entirely based on seeing exactly how far from the original premise the team intended to go, and therefore how big of a bullet the game dodged. XD

I feel like there's this weird pattern with FF sequels where the devs are given a property to play with and consider it an opportunity to play with concepts they already wanted to play with rather than actually seeking to expand on that property. Consider: nothing about FFX suggested that Yuna would start a J-pop girl band; nothing about FFXIII cried out for XIII-2's time travel, and nothing about either of them led naturally into Lightning Returns' "13 days until the end of the world" thing. FFXV's DLCs were originally exempted from this because there were still parts of the original story that the devs still wanted to tell, but as soon as they ran out of holes they were actually interested in filling, the old pattern came back in force.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, at least with regards to FFXV. My interest in this Dawn of the Future novel is entirely based on seeing exactly how far from the original premise the team intended to go, and therefore how big of a bullet the game dodged. XD

I feel like there's this weird pattern with FF sequels where the devs are given a property to play with and consider it an opportunity to play with concepts they already wanted to play with rather than actually seeking to expand on that property. Consider: nothing about FFX suggested that Yuna would start a J-pop girl band; nothing about FFXIII cried out for XIII-2's time travel, and nothing about either of them led naturally into Lightning Returns' "13 days until the end of the world" thing. FFXV's DLCs were originally exempted from this because there were still parts of the original story that the devs still wanted to tell, but as soon as they ran out of holes they were actually interested in filling, the old pattern came back in force.
Having it in the form of a novel will make it more fun.
I'm looking forward for a trainreck like the story Nojima wrote for FFX. Which had sex rituals and trippy dreams where the protagonist gets blown in pices by triggering a bomb.

It's a weird case to wish for something to be bad so you can enjoy it. It's the only situation i can imagine where i get depressed and angry by reading something i like xD

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
Is it impossible to return something that has been canceled?

If people ask for additional content that has been canceled a lot, is there a possibility of returning it?

If a episode ardyn is bought a lot does this convince them to return the canceled episodes?

What is your expectation?

Or is this something we should not think about?

I do not ask for something certain just put up your expectations

Just prospects probably do not occur and ("I am sorry for my English")

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Is it impossible to return something that has been canceled?

If people ask for additional content that has been canceled a lot, is there a possibility of returning it?

If a episode ardyn is bought a lot does this convince them to return the canceled episodes?

What is your expectation?

Or is this something we should not think about?

I do not ask for something certain just put up your expectations

Just prospects probably do not occur and ("I am sorry for my English")
at this point, only if EP Ardyn sells incredibly well.

I hope EP Luna and EP Noctis as they were planned (at least on the surface) stay buried.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
The devs said the reason the 3 DLC was cancelled was to move those devs onto Luminous Productions new AAA game, it is extremely unlikely that they'd ever revisit doing the DLC for XV even if Episode Ardyn does well. Their new game is what takes priority right now, and after Episode Ardyn is out those devs would also in all likelihood start working on that new game too, I don't think Luminous Productions has anything else in development right now other than that new AAA game and Episode Ardyn, and in 1 months time they'd only have that new game.

I think that part of the reason for them focussing so hard on the new game now is because SE wanted LumiPro to have something ready to show for the PS5/Xbox Scarlett reveals that are likely to happen later this year, and if they had kept going with the other 3 DLC that would have put those in dev all the way until May based on their initial 2019 roadmap, if not even later, and that would have resulted in less time, resources and devs allocated to the new game and, assuming next gen reveal for Xbox is at E3, potentially missing that, and even potentially missing whenever Sony wants to reveal PS5 by not having their game shown alongside those new console reveals. I think SE put their foot down and really wanted LumiPro's new game to be ready to be shown off properly with those console reveals, and is partly why they cancelled those 3 DLC.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Having it in the form of a novel will make it more fun.
I'm looking forward for a trainreck like the story Nojima wrote for FFX. Which had sex rituals and trippy dreams where the protagonist gets blown in pices by triggering a bomb.

It's a weird case to wish for something to be bad so you can enjoy it. It's the only situation i can imagine where i get depressed and angry by reading something i like xD
I think FFX-2.5 might be its own unique brand of lunacy. xD I would expect something more along the lines of the XIII sequels than that.

I'm pretty sure that in the future we will receive a port for PS5 and this one will have new content in it.

But it will be made after they finish this new project.
The 4K remaster is definitely gonna have some new content, but I wonder if they'd really bring back the Dawn of the Future material instead of just doubling down on the main game. I feel like they'd be far better served by integrating the DLCs into the main game and rebalancing the combat than adding new pseudo-DLC episodes to be played from the main menu.