Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apr 13, 2018
Talking about Episode Ardyn, i remember the collab with AC Origins. Is there any theory/official story behind why did Ardyn and Bahamut appeared in that game, can Ardyn and Bahamut travel through different universes? Is it consider canon, any clarification? Thanks guys~

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

Edit:

Small tidbit from this tweet.:

-They wanted to do an Episode Regis, but decided to have Regis be the enemy of the Episode Ardyn DLC.
I am more amused than I should be at the idea of Ardyn taking photos. I wonder if we can cook in his episode too?

"FFXV is reaching its end but we would like nothing more than to come back to Sapporo and announce new FFXV content. Nothing has been decided yet in terms of the company itself, but please wait for that time to come."

I am quite surprise at how open ended they are wording that. It's either they're leaving it open ended on purpose because there could be more opportunities later, or it's a soft blow way of them saying goodbye.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
"FFXV is reaching its end but we would like nothing more than to come back to Sapporo and announce new FFXV content. Nothing has been decided yet in terms of the company itself, but please wait for that time to come."
Tabata might've ruled out the possibility of sequels, but he's gone and if they feel there's enough demand, they could well greenlight a Final Fantasy XV-2, using a smaller team and the final version of XV's engine, maybe even using cut concepts from both XV and Versus to create a story of what happened next.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
FFXV dragged out for too long, time to take a break.

release later a solid remaster for PS5 with extra content and im happy.
That would be great

"FFXV 2nd Anniversary Tour in Animate" was successfully completed on 3/3 (Sunday) due to everyone.
I am very pleased to be able to meet everyone at the event at the Sapporo store on the last day. I'm really thankful to you!

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I am more amused than I should be at the idea of Ardyn taking photos. I wonder if we can cook in his episode too?

I am quite surprise at how open ended they are wording that. It's either they're leaving it open ended on purpose because there could be more opportunities later, or it's a soft blow way of them saying goodbye.
A PS5 remaster seems all but inevitable, so there's no reason they couldn't be hinting at that. Even re-released remasters seem to come with extra content (see: FFXII TZA Switch/XBO), so I'd be more surprised if there wasn't future FFXV content.

...watch, they'll pull a FFX/X-2 HD and add an audio drama hinting at a sequel. xD;

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
If they make the Ps5 port we may get the famous cut content like old leviathan fight, which suppossedly was too much for this current gen.

We can say bad things about Square Enix. But one of the best attributes of the company is how many projects they green light. I don't think they will oppose to a buffed experience for a main title.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Even then don't expect the extra content to be something "substantial", no next gen re-release has come with extra content like new bosses, levels and quest (or overhaul the already existing ones) at most they will come with QoL features.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Even then don't expect the extra content to be something "substantial", no next gen re-release has come with extra content like new bosses, levels and quest (or overhaul the already existing ones) at most they will come with QoL features.
That's not really true. Type-0 HD added multiple difficulty modes, for instance, and replaced its online multiplayer with a system where AIs assist you instead. It's also worth pointing out that most of the HD re-releases are of games that already had updated and rebalanced re-releases -- Kingdom Hearts re-releases use the games' Final Mix versions and Final Fantasy re-releases use the games' International versions. The remasters also typically released in multi-game packs rather than individually, with FFXII TZA being a notable exception. KH II.8 is an unusual case -- not only did it add a DLC episode worth of game content and a 90 minute movie because there was only one actual game left to re-release, the game that was re-released had much larger alterations made to it than usual (including new Dream Eaters and a full rebalance).

In any case, the biggest differences in remasters seem to come when a) a game is re-released on its own and b) the team didn't get the chance to make the changes they wanted to change in a same-console re-release. Given that FFXV doesn't have a sequel, it's certainly going to have to be re-released on its own. The most important question is whether the team would consider the Royal Edition to have included all the changes they wanted to make. If not, Squenix doesn't seem inclined to stop them from making bigger changes in the inevitable remaster than just a few QoL improvements.

NikoZ

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
A PS5 remaster seems all but inevitable, so there's no reason they couldn't be hinting at that. Even re-released remasters seem to come with extra content (see: FFXII TZA Switch/XBO), so I'd be more surprised if there wasn't future FFXV content.

...watch, they'll pull a FFX/X-2 HD and add an audio drama hinting at a sequel. xD;
Honestly I don't see a remaster happening on PS5 and xbox two lmao. I don't understand why all of you are being so sure about it. Wishful thinking I guess

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Why would Luna have died from making covenants with the six astrals if she didn’t make covenants with all six of them? I mean that’s just not fair. She should still have a percentage of her life left. I would've turned my back on the Gods for the fact that they wanted to kill me for making covenants with just half of them. That's predatory.

Also, why does Gladio think the Empire slayed half of the Six?

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Why would Luna have died from making covenants with the six astrals if she didn’t make covenants with all six of them? I mean that’s just not fair. She should still have a percentage of her life left.
Its never specified how many covenants it should take to kill Luna, her dying from making covenants could be just because that is physically and mentally demanding instead of some magical force since this plot point is left unexplained and vague.

Also, why does Gladio think the Empire slayed half of the Six?
Shiva was defeated in Ghorovas Rift, Titan and Leviathan simply dissapeared after the events of chapter 4 and 9, so I think that could be interpreted as them being partially dead?

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Honestly I don't see a remaster happening on PS5 and xbox two lmao. I don't understand why all of you are being so sure about it. Wishful thinking I guess
Yeah, I'm personally in the camp of thinking that FFXV remaster isn't happening until PS6. PS5, in my opinion at least, will most likely see Square mainly focusing on the the release of a remastered Lightning Trilogy bundle and definitely the release of the FFVIIR episodes as XIII and its sequels haven't received much attention for a while and FFVIIR is Square's next big FF project for the foreseeable future given its sheer size. Square's gotten all it needed out of FFXV for now and it's still too fresh to warrant a remaster/new edition any time soon which is why I think it's XIII's turn next on the remaster list unless Square blindsides us by finally showing FFVIII some love. Either way FFXV is done until PS6 imo.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Less wishful thinking and more a matter of the cost being really low in comparison to the potential benefit. PS5 and Xbox Scarlett are both going to be running on chips that are basically just more powerful versions of what the PS4 and XBO are already running on, and LumiPro already did the work of adding 4k textures/movies and some neat graphical features to the Windows Edition that could easily be ported over. Under the circumstances, it seems like less work than porting FFXII TZA to the Switch (with extra features!), and XV is a more popular game to boot.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah, I'm personally in the camp of thinking that FFXV remaster isn't happening until PS6. PS5, in my opinion at least, will most likely see Square mainly focusing on the the release of a remastered Lightning Trilogy bundle and definitely the release of the FFVIIR episodes as XIII and its sequels haven't received much attention for a while and FFVIIR is Square's next big FF project for the foreseeable future given its sheer size. Square's gotten all it needed out of FFXV for now and it's still too fresh to warrant a remaster/new edition any time soon which is why I think it's XIII's turn next on the remaster list unless Square blindsides us by finally showing FFVIII some love. Either way FFXV is done until PS6 imo.
Waiting for PS6 seems a tad too far, porting the Windows Edition on a single disc for PS5 w/bonus features makes more sense I feel, especially given that the game is currently over 8+ million and is likely to approach 9 million. Would be weird for SE to not capitalize on that for next gen remasters.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
We didn't see FFXII remastered/rereleased on the ps3, had to wait until the ps4. Could be similar with FFXV. Though could also be like The Last of Us where it rereleases at the beginning of the next gen. We'll have to wait and see.