Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
View attachment 1125

View attachment 1126

Do you think there is a similarity between the two?
just the hair, nothing else imo.

The reapers thing is still open, there are lots of things suggesting they were more than death figures, the strongest evidence is the painting with a reaper giving the ring to one of Noctis ancestors, that painting and other skull figures found in the city are certainly remnants of Versus XIII / early XV.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Nah, Eraqus was designed with Sakaguchi's face in mind (Eraqus, anagram for Square), to create a counter part of Yen Sid (Disney, even if they don't look alike).
Ardyn is just imitating Jesus.
I'd actually argue that Ardyn is closer to Eraqus than Jesus visually. The standard portrayal of Jesus depicts Him with loose, wavy/curly hair of either neck or shoulder length and a full beard that comes to two points. Ardyn's Jesus parallels come from his attire and the way he's framed rather than his physical features.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Popping in as a lurker of Mognet, the "alternate grand finale" i don't believe is supposed to be an alternate universe. The main game itself has openings here and there for the Bro DLC, and Episode Ardyn itself appears to be set before the final battle with him (lining up with old datamined scripts where he drivels on about Ardyn anime, touching the crystal and something "turning black with anger"). The Luna DLC was likely going to be "alternate" in the sense it was to explain how she came to you on the train, how she provided the summons and why she is with Noct in the ending. Noctis's DLC itself probably elaborates further on what happened after he dies. This "alternate grand finale" was never supposed to replace the main ending, and with that in mind, it's highly likely it's meant to wrap up XV's story on a happier note. The normal ending still exists and is still canon, but the original DLC ending may have simply gone further into detail describing the post-death world that Ardyn, Luna and Noct, all parts of this alternate finale, are a part of. IT all seems like they removed things from the story to make the 2016 release, not sure if they'd ever get to touch upon Ardyn or Luna.

The base game was developed to provide players with a complete story for Noctis, the anime being content they couldn't put into the game for various reasons yet it ties in with the Bro DLC; Ardyn Anime was confirmed to be cut content, and we saw snippets of events that go down in the episode in old datamined scripts. It's likely Luna's role if included in the 2016 game would have been ultra minimal, so they cut it out entirely and set their sights on Royal Edition, a DLC not yet announced yet clearly features things that made the director consider the game "complete", including features like the Royal Vessel that were found in the datamine dating to 2016. With the key focus on Noct and Luna in the art, and the fact that Luna had animations and voice work done around EP Prompto's time, and datamined content reveals an equippable Sylleblossom that'd add her to your party (as a changeable character), she was aimed for the Royal Pack, that may have even been Episode Luna once upon a time but they decided to focus primarily on the Lucii and Noct (the reason those three Lucii are on the original cover of the game makes far more sense now). Given they once again felt like they'd be doing Luna a disservice by not telling her entire perspective and simply leaving her as playable with that summoning scene, they set their sights on another round of DLC and figured they could dedicate a whole episode to her.

They originally said Ardyn was plausible as a movie, and in the end tried to give him as DLC anyways; with the anime being made specifically because they weren't gonna be able to do the entire Ardyn story in Ardyn, we can deduce that EP: Luna and Noct were most likely definitely part of the actual story and tie in to the "verses". Regis saw a vision of what happened to Noct and changed it; in EP: Ignis Verse 2, he sees a vision of what happened to Noct and changed it. It's likely EP: Noct would have seen Noctis either changing his future after seeing a vision of how his journey is supposed to end. The book description implies Noct's DLC was supposed to be in the crystal, and in the datamine, info for Terrawars, EP Ardyn and a "Forest of Memories" was included, this before we officially had a Terrawars announcement and before we officially got EP Ardyn announced, and this forest of memories talked about Noctis witnessing memories of Luna and Regis; given they "didn't know what to do" with Luna's cutscenes, this Forest of Memories was likely where we were supposed to see all those cutscenes of Luna, as well as what Regis was doing in the city (perhaps even his POV of Ardyn's invasion). Adding on, Forest of Memories makes me think of Platinum Demo's forest, the world of dreams that belongs to Noctis.

Luna and Noct DLC were never "alternate" and non-canon to the story, they simply changed the tone of the ending by providing us with the fantastical context of the world after death; Luna wakes up after she died with an altered body, and Ardyn is a man who cannot die who can meet Noct in the crystal when he does, and Noct spent time in this cut Forest of Memories to reflect on his journey.

What say you?
Don't be so antagonistic, EP Luna and Noct were clearly implied to change the ending as Tabata said on multiple occasions that the sad end was one of the most complains he got from fans - he then even tried to be sly about it by easing the announcement via questions directed at the fanbase of "how we would feel about another ending to XV".

When the XV team released the Royal Edition, it was meant to be the end, the story by the development team's standard was complete.

"FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE ARDYN" new system introduction 2
The special attack "sigugaization" can turn the enemy into a mussel and neutralize it. Ardyn gets stronger every time you cheat, so let's make the enemy cheat more and more.
I'm liking the new areas we see! They might even use more vehicle models from earlier trailers in 2013/2014 that never got put in the game.

every segment so far in daylight Insomnia shows 13:00 always, then 16:00 during Regis boss fight and 17:00 during Somnus fight.

I think that implies there wont be a real-time passage of time (I think it was the same in Ep Ignis), it will only change depending of story context. I think that makes sense considering both Ep Ardyn and Ignis covers a single day event, even then I wanted to enjoy Insomnia at different times of day and contexts since I waited 13 years for it lmao
Good catch, I guess daytime Insomnia it is then! I kinda want the special "time trial" bonus game that came with all other DLCs to be Insomnia themed now. Maybe time attack in the citadel against wave of enemies as Ardyn or Noctis?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm actually more hyped for this episode than I was for the others tbh, and that's making the wait even more difficult to deal with lol.
I'm in the same boat, the wait is hard for me, too, similarly to the wait for the Royal Pack DLC for me. Ardyn's DLC was something I wanted the most so yeah, the wait is tough for me.

Last edited: