Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Oct 2, 2016
I am frustrated that the full dawn trailer never made it in. Like, why? Seriously? It would have been the perfect connector between episode Ardyn and the main game. It now perfectly fits with canon since Regis would have aged a few years after the terrible fight with Adagium and just normal kingly experience of raising the wall after all the wall amplifiers were destroyed, and etc etc. it would have been a Great ending to episode Ardyn.

Can someone mod it in?

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I am frustrated that the full dawn trailer never made it in. Like, why? Seriously? It would have been the perfect connector between episode Ardyn and the main game. It now perfectly fits with canon since Regis would have aged a few years after the terrible fight with Adagium and just normal kingly experience of raising the wall after all the wall amplifiers were destroyed, and etc etc. it would have been a Great ending to episode Ardyn.

Can someone mod it in?
I think it's strange throughout this game's life-cycle, they never put the full Dawn trailer, in regards to Regis and young Noctis, in the game at all, I thought they'd put it in in this DLC. Regardless, I love Episode Ardyn, and thi sDLC is my number one favorite of the DLCs. I think it has a great story, as well as a worthy DLC to bring FFXV to a close, and enjoyed playing as Ardyn, and a good chunk of Insomnia to explore, and I liked the main ending it had, but that's my opinion. What are your thoughts on the DLC overall, by the way?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

Can someone mod it in?
some think the Dawn trailer plus that scene with young Luna were supposed to be flashbacks that Noctis would experience inside the crystal, fueling his resolve to sacrifice himself.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
To be fair at least the Dawn trailer was referenced at all in this most recent DLC. As far as I know it's the only time we've seen it in game. Though I agree, would have liked to see the scene itself play out, not just a flash of it while Bahamut speaks to Ardyn.

Oct 2, 2016
To be fair at least the Dawn trailer was referenced at all in this most recent DLC. As far as I know it's the only time we've seen it in game. Though I agree, would have liked to see the scene itself play out, not just a flash of it while Bahamut speaks to Ardyn.
Yeah. The power of the scene is only there when the whole thing plays out. The way Regis tears up. The way child Noctis pushes his face away because of his scratchy beard. The way it forshadows his fate as it pans out to the silhouettes of the Lucii Kings. Such a beautiful scene, an easy opportunity lost to show a powerful moment between father and son.

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah. The power of the scene is only there when the whole thing plays out. The way Regis tears up. The way child Noctis pushes his face away because of his scratchy beard. The way it forshadows his fate as it pans out to the silhouettes of the Lucii Kings. Such a beautiful scene, an easy opportunity lost to show a powerful moment between father and son.
From the game's files, there was something called the "Forest of Memories" that was cut, where you could view memories/cutscenes of Lunafreya and Regis. Perhaps the Dawn trailer was going to play there or at least certain parts of it?

Last edited:

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Now back to what Bahamut told Aera. You know that looks like the face of someone having been told she was going to die tomorrow. That's probably what Bahamut told her. Yes they did choose Ardyn but the cataclysm of events are going to happen and she's part of it. Let's remember they both ended up dead at the end of it. And she had to do it. Once Ardyn finds this out, that Ardyn was always meant to become an Adagium he asks did they know. Every last thing that happened played out exactly like they said it would. It wasn't a mistake. The crystal has no will of it's own.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Now back to what Bahamut told Aera. You know that looks like the face of someone having been told she was going to die tomorrow. That's probably what Bahamut told her. Yes they did choose Ardyn but the cataclysm of events are going to happen and she's part of it. And she had to do it. Once Ardyn finds this out, that Ardyn was always meant to become an Adagium he asks did they know. Every last thing that happened played out exactly like they said it would. It wasn't a mistake.
As I understood, Ardyn saw through Ifrit's memories that Bahamut told Aera he was going to be the chosen king.
But later we learn that Bahamut told that knowing that Somnus would take the chance to betray his brother.
Bahamut lied to the oracle so the prophecy could be fullfiled.

In another note. Without the Mod tools, Is it posible to have a mod that implements the dlc into the narrative or adds the cut dialogue from the Pocket Edition?

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
As I understood, Ardyn saw through Ifrit's memories that Bahamut told Aera he was going to be the chosen king.
But later we learn that Bahamut told that knowing that Somnus would take the chance to betray his brother.
Bahamut lied to the oracle so the prophecy could be fullfiled.

In another note. Without the Mod tools, Is it posible to have a mod that implements the dlc into the narrative or adds the cut dialogue from the Pocket Edition?
Did Bahamut not tell her the entire prophecy? He had to have told her everything, given how she was acting after the fact.

She was shaken up tremendously, he probably told her. Yeah, Ardyn is the chosen King but, there's more to it. You have to help him become the warrior of darkness, that is thine true calling. A battle will ensue. And you and Ardyn are going to die tomorrow. But Ardyn will come back and wait for the final heir to the throne. Ardyn will be the darkness that he's going to cast out and everything will go right back to the way it was.

I'm really starting to think that the reason Luna jumped off that ship was because she already knew Nyx would save her. So she could do that.

Also why she's not shocked at anything that happens she already knows everything.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Did Bahamut not tell her the entire prophecy? He had to have told her everything, given how she was acting after the fact.

She was shaken up tremendously, he probably told her. Yeah, Ardyn is the chosen King but, there's more to it. But you have to help him become the warrior of darkness, that is thine true calling. And you and Ardyn are going to die tomorrow. But Ardyn will come back and wait for the final heir to the throne. Ardyn will be the darkness that he's going to cast out and everything will go right back to the way it was.
If Bahamut told that, she wouldn't be surprised when Somnus attacked Ardyn.
She didn't expect that outcome.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
If Bahamut told that, she wouldn't be surprised when Somnus attacked Ardyn.
She didn't expect that outcome.
Well, I was thinking it was more of just her emotion in the moment watching it actually play out. So she did the sacrifice jumped in front of Ardyn which in all actuality was a dumb move, unless she had to.

She was like shit, this is actually happening just like Bahamut said it would. Already.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018
All in all, Nomura said it was a very human conflict with lots of tragedy. Perhaps they all did dumb shit in the past and present but it's because humans make mistakes out of misunderstandings and ideals that don't mesh with how others have lived their lives. It's tragic because people in this story are always just a little bit too late to make a difference, realizing they can't stop what's happening, merely soften the blow.
The lyrics in Somnus reference it; "Humanity ignites a fire they cannot extinguish", a cycle of revenge and death that will never end. Perhaps immortalization as the Lucii is Bahamut's method of crystallization in this universe, trapping those who stained their hands with blood in statue until they can fulfill their debt with the Chosen King.

Feb 19, 2018
It was confirmed in a loading screen in Episode Gladiolus.
Taken from FFWikia:
  • A loading screen in Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus posits that Ifrit fought the other Astrals in the War of the Astrals, died, and was laid down upon the Rock of Ravatogh. The loading screen exists for the English, German and Portuguese localizations, but is absent within the French, Italian and Spanish localizations, as well as the original Japanese version. The Almanac entry in the Windows and Royal Editions reveals there is a local legend of Ifrit lying inside the volcano and worshipers making pilgrimages up the volcano to pay respects. The mountain's tendril-like formations could be seen as resembling Ifrit's horns.
Ah thanks for clarifying. I don't remember the bit about him being inside the volcano just that, that's where he fell. Well that settles that, I guess.

Well, I was thinking it was more of just her emotion in the moment watching it actually play out. So she did the sacrifice jumped in front of Ardyn which in all actuality was a dumb move, unless she had to.

She was like shit, this is actually happening just like Bahamut said it would. Already.
The way I see it Bahamut told Aera that Ardyn was chosen but didn't tell her what he was chosen for. I personally don't think Aera would be the type to be able to keep something like that from Ardyn. She's too kindhearted for that from what we've seen.

Last edited:

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
The way I understood it is that Bahamut allowed Aera to have a vision that the Crystal chose Ardyn. Then one of two things happened:

(1) Somnus was being an arrogant prick so Aera told him that Ardyn has been chosen, her way of trying to piss off Somnus, to which he reacted by betraying Ardyn. As a result, the Gods "re-wrote" Ardyn's calling to make him the sacrificial lamb.

(2) Somnus was being an arrogant prick so Aera told him that Ardyn has been chosen, her way of trying to piss off Somnus, to which he reacted by betraying Ardyn just as the Gods expected. That is, Somnus betraying Ardyn was "part of the plan" that Bahamut wanted.

I have to agree that Aera does not seem like the kind of person to betray or lie to Ardyn, and even at the end it's quite clear that Bahamut was using an image of her to torture Ardyn, it wasn't her stabbing him.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
https://fusetter.com/tw/kHNU0

translation of a recent Famitsu interview, lots of interesting bits like the love triangle idea with Aera that was discarded.

aka a warrior of light but also a warrior of darkness were needed to restore balance.

the thing about Somnus and Aera, specially during the Resist your Fate bit when she appears as a spirit, I think its based on Ardyns thoughts, in the moment he understood Aera didnt tell him about his fate, he began to imagine her as an evil person that wanted to harm him.
And the lost of the episodes stings even more. I'm feeling my suspicions may be correct after all. Very excited for the novel to be released. Thanks for sharing this.