Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Nobody ever asked Tabata or anybody, why did they have Luna shed a tear at the end of the game in version 1.0? And why did they feel that that needed to be changed? Nobody has asked that. Many people don't even know about that but it makes a big difference.

What you get in the original ending is that Luna cries upon resting on the throne and you also have the wedding bells and ending crescendo that finishes more strikingly. I liked the original version.
Are you sure that it only happens in Version 1.0? I was under the impression that no one had really confirmed what caused it to happen or not, though "must fulfill certain conditions while on an unpatched copy of the game" seems to be one theory.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
Are you sure that it only happens in Version 1.0? I was under the impression that no one had really confirmed what caused it to happen or not, though "must fulfill certain conditions while on an unpatched copy of the game" seems to be one theory.
I researched it myself. If you have the 1.0 version of the game, it doesn't matter which photo you choose. There is a preset cutscene for that. Only in later versions did the scene reflect what the user chooses. But by that time the devs have already cut the part about Luna shedding tears. In v1.0 she will cry no matter what.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I researched it myself. If you have the 1.0 version of the game, it doesn't matter which photo you choose. There is a preset cutscene for that. Only in later versions did the scene reflect what the user chooses. But by that time the devs have already cut the part about Luna shedding tears. In v1.0 she will cry no matter what.
Are you implying that in v1.0, the photo always shows up as a stock photo of Altissia, regardless of what you choose? Because the version of the "Luna cries" cutscene I saw definitely showed a specific photograph.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Looks like the restructuring of the 11 Business Divisions into 4 Development Divisions has finished.

BD5 devs have now become 3rd Development Division which Yoshida is now General Manager of, and they have started "full large scale" development on a "core project" HD title for next gen, which has already finished initial development and its dev environment.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/contents/3dbd/
Google translate.
3rd Development Division New Project

"A new challenge as a large-scale HD title from Japan!"

"Based on the former 5th Business Division, the newly launched 3rd Development Headquarters has launched a new core project following" FINAL FANTASY XIV ", and has begun to challenge the next generation. This project has already finished its initial development, has finished developing its development environment, and is now shifting to a full-scale large-scale development phase.

The new project is looking for developers who will give the world "fun", "fun" and "surprise" together. We are looking forward to your application for the challenge to the world market!
There had been rumours for years based on job applications and dev listings on the BD5 careers page, as well as core staff in ARR not listed in later expansions yet still at SE, in that they were actually hiring for and doing FFXVI in the background from doing XIV content, I too believe they are the team doing XVI.

Apr 23, 2018
I am frustrated that the full dawn trailer never made it in. Like, why? Seriously? It would have been the perfect connector between episode Ardyn and the main game. It now perfectly fits with canon since Regis would have aged a few years after the terrible fight with Adagium and just normal kingly experience of raising the wall after all the wall amplifiers were destroyed, and etc etc. it would have been a Great ending to episode Ardyn.

Can someone mod it in?
Not sure how much work it would take but... do you think it's possible to create an Insomnia Prologue mod using the Episode Ardyn assets? Maybe even set the map to night to get those Versus vibes going, put some Magitek Soldiers on the streets, that'd be so cool imo.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Looks like the restructuring of the 11 Business Divisions into 4 Development Divisions has finished.

BD5 devs have now become 3rd Development Division which Yoshida is now General Manager of, and they have started "full large scale" development on a "core project" HD title for next gen, which has already finished initial development and its dev environment.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/contents/3dbd/
Google translate.

There had been rumours for years based on job applications and dev listings on the BD5 careers page, as well as core staff in ARR not listed in later expansions yet still at SE, in that they were actually hiring for and doing FFXVI in the background from doing XIV content, I too believe they are the team doing XVI.
I just hope these restructuring means that Square Enix is now able to deliever full and complete FF games and really, really hope that Yoshida develops FF XVI.
I played FF XIV for free for 2 weeks and was really fleshed how the game was structured. The different locations, characters, monsters and character develop ect. all of this felt really like a typical old FF game.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I played FF XIV for free for 2 weeks and was really fleshed how the game was structured. The different locations, characters, monsters and character develop ect. all of this felt really like a typical old FF game.
it only gets better from there, and I mean it.

Edit:

so EP Ardyns datalog just confirmed that the story of Somnus travelling with the oracle to dispel de darkness was bullshit propaganda.

the Royal Guards are an unit that precedes the kingsglaive, so no contradiction in the timeline relating to the creation of the glaives.

there is a contradiction in the origin of the name Izunia though, which was said to be Ardyn and Somnus original name but its suggested the name was given by the empire in this dlc.

Last edited:

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Not sure how much work it would take but... do you think it's possible to create an Insomnia Prologue mod using the Episode Ardyn assets? Maybe even set the map to night to get those Versus vibes going, put some Magitek Soldiers on the streets, that'd be so cool imo.
Without the Level Editor it is unlikely that we will see this kind of thing for a very, very long time.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I'm beginning to believe that the Level Editor itself got caught up with unknown problems of its own, and considering something like the Avatara low-key managed to show up post-April 2018 announcement while the former had next to zero new info since then, it sorta speaks volumes with how quiet the team have been about the Level Editor's existence thus far. Even the reddit mods who have been in contact with SE were given no response back about it's development status in particular.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Could it be that they didn't say anything about the level editor is because they're still developing it while doing the new title.

Like the editor is so tied to the Luminous Engine that it will work with all the titles done with it.

IwakuraLain

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 20, 2018
Could it be that they didn't say anything about the level editor is because they're still developing it while doing the new title.

Like the editor is so tied to the Luminous Engine that it will work with all the titles done with it.
It's pure speculation, but perhaps the higher-ups were worried a level editor would be seen as competition against their own content, so they told them to shut it down. To all serious devs out there though, it's VERY EASY to import FFXV content into UE4 if they wanted to remake certain scenes for instance. :):)

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
It's pure speculation, but perhaps the higher-ups were worried a level editor would be seen as competition against their own content, so they told them to shut it down. To all serious devs out there though, it's VERY EASY to import FFXV content into UE4 if they wanted to remake certain scenes for instance. :):)
But who has the energy, will and time to (extensibly) remake "the scenes"?

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Which be interesting if it may have been re-purposed, though i'm probably still gonna assume on the safe side that they've quietly put it to rest until further notice.