Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 3, 2018
Nada; the guard was just an Insomnian-born Lucian who disliked the influx of immigrants prying resources from the Crownsguard and other things. He has his personal feelings on the matter and when it came down to it, the guy sacrificed his life for Nyx and Luna. He was one of the few absolutely normal folk we see in Lucis's armed forces and he left a mark because his personal gripes were tossed aside for the greater good, a theme of XV.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
It's an interesting idea but I don't think it lines up since we see him standing guard at the same time as the signing and he returns later to help Nyx. Could be Ardyn using time stitch though!
Nada; the guard was just an Insomnian-born Lucian who disliked the influx of immigrants prying resources from the Crownsguard and other things. He has his personal feelings on the matter and when it came down to it, the guy sacrificed his life for Nyx and Luna. He was one of the few absolutely normal folk we see in Lucis's armed forces and he left a mark because his personal gripes were tossed aside for the greater good, a theme of XV.
you are right
I had to be more precise
Thank you

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Not exactly XV related but some Luminous Productions devs are going to be doing a presentation at CEDEC 2019 regarding High End character graphics in Luminous Engine by showing what their current level of character expression is in the engine, and will also tackle the subject of Uncanny Valley in realistic character CG.
http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2019/session/detail/s5c9db9bda6233

And a second presentation regarding logging and testing for large scale development, specifically in regards to addressing the issues of increasing cost of QA and Debugging.
http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2019/session/detail/s5c997640a2932

Nothing too big but interesting nonetheless that they are doing these presentations regarding high end graphics and large scale development, they also did presentations in previous years and also in the years leading up to XV's release regarding the tech the game was using, so I think some of what they talk about or show in these presentations will be going towards LP's new AAA IP. I kinda feel like they are now working towards a 2020 reveal for the game, since FF7R part 1 will be out by E3 next year and no other big AAA game from SE has been announced yet, they could even do a trifecta of revealing FF7R part 2, FFXVI and LP's new AAA IP at E3 next year.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Not exactly XV related but some Luminous Productions devs are going to be doing a presentation at CEDEC 2019 regarding High End character graphics in Luminous Engine by showing what their current level of character expression is in the engine, and will also tackle the subject of Uncanny Valley in realistic character CG.
http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2019/session/detail/s5c9db9bda6233

And a second presentation regarding logging and testing for large scale development, specifically in regards to addressing the issues of increasing cost of QA and Debugging.
http://cedec.cesa.or.jp/2019/session/detail/s5c997640a2932

Nothing too big but interesting nonetheless that they are doing these presentations regarding high end graphics and large scale development, they also did presentations in previous years and also in the years leading up to XV's release regarding the tech the game was using, so I think some of what they talk about or show in these presentations will be going towards LP's new AAA IP. I kinda feel like they are now working towards a 2020 reveal for the game, since FF7R part 1 will be out by E3 next year and no other big AAA game from SE has been announced yet, they could even do a trifecta of revealing FF7R part 2, FFXVI and LP's new AAA IP at E3 next year.
The high-end character graphics presentation sounds like it could be a great indication of what LumiPro could be capable of on next-gen consoles.

Coincidentally, I ran into this early reference to PS5 earlier today:

...which got me wondering whether LumiPro might have shifted to targeting PS as an exclusive platform next-gen, since it would have been more far appropriate to say "New AAA Title for Next-Gen" prior to the reveal of PS5 had said title been for multiple next-gen platforms.

Maybe the CEDEC panel will reveal/tease the next-gen "Agni's Philosophy" equivalent, and the full PS5 reveal will show it running on PS hardware?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The high-end character graphics presentation sounds like it could be a great indication of what LumiPro could be capable of on next-gen consoles.

...which got me wondering whether LumiPro might have shifted to targeting PS as an exclusive platform next-gen, since it would have been more far appropriate to say "New AAA Title for Next-Gen" prior to the reveal of PS5 had said title been for multiple next-gen platforms.

Maybe the CEDEC panel will reveal/tease the next-gen "Agni's Philosophy" equivalent, and the full PS5 reveal will show it running on PS hardware?
CEDEC has some interesting info sprinkled in. I'm interested in what kind of new IP SQEX thinks was potent enough to move away from one of their biggest IPs.

There's also a reference there to a "New Mobile Title for China". I think that must be in reference to the new mobile XV title that's in development. Means Luminous and SQEX really is deeply involved in this mysterious title.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Yeah SE usually always uploads a tech demo for the coming gen and so far they have yet to show one for next gen. I used to think that it wasn't likely that Agni would become a game and that it was just a ever evolving tech demo thing, but then I remebered FFXIV was first shown off as a tech demo in 2005 that was under the title of "Rapture", and it was rerevealed as FFXIV in 2009. Agni was first shown in 2012 in a tech demo titled "Agni's Philosophy Final Fantasy", so that already gave it a FF connection, and according to the people involved the tech demo itself took 1 year to make, so they started making it sometime in 2011, though SE technically made it twice, first they had Visual Works created a prerendered CG version of it and then they had the Luminous devs recreate it in real time with Luminous. Fast forward to 2015 and we next see Agni in a tech demo titled "WITCH - Chapter 0 [cry]" which Tabata himself would unveil via a video message, and some artwork by Yusuke Naora showing Agni in a different outfit was also shown in 2015.

I think if they do show a new Luminous tech demo it will likely involve Agni again.

CEDEC has some interesting info sprinkled in. I'm interested in what kind of new IP SQEX thinks was potent enough to move away from one of their biggest IPs.

There's also a reference there to a "New Mobile Title for China". I think that must be in reference to the new mobile XV title that's in development. Means Luminous and SQEX really is deeply involved in this mysterious title.
Yeah, though that China mobile title is being made in UE4, so I think that is mainly being made by the Chinese devs over there and the XV devs at LP are involved for things such as assets and art reference, concept art and so on.