Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

motoleo

Chocobo Knight
Jan 7, 2019
5FEEF137-D1F1-4472-9F1D-8064A7339146.jpeg
I’ve seen on the internet people trying to figure out what sword this was. Certainly the name of it would be in the files somewhere right? Did he get it in a deleted cutscene? Is it from DotF, did he use that to take out Bahamut with?

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016
View attachment 1284
I’ve seen on the internet people trying to figure out what sword this was. Certainly the name of it would be in the files somewhere right? Did he get it in a deleted cutscene? Is it from DotF, did he use that to take out Bahamut with?
this is from wiki fandom
Sword of the Father

"The Windows and Royal Editions have a boss battle against the Mystic, whom Noctis finishes off with a sword that he doesn't normally have: it has a similar yet truncated blade as the Sword of the Father, and a different hilt. This is actually the sword that King Regis had in the Dawn trailer. Promotional art that accompanied the trailer (see Gallery) shows Regis with the Sword of the Father, implying the "Dawn" (sword is perhaps an early version of it.)"

about dotf and bahamut i should check more

This is from the same source dawn of the future

"Noctis gives Ardyn the "battle of kings" he so desires, defeating him with the Sword of the Father, but to Ardyn's shock refrains from killing him. Noctis explains he would kill Ardyn if it saved the world, but now that Bahamut is going to kill everyone, there is no longer any point, and he is done with needless sacrifices. He asks if Ardyn defeating Bahamut in the Beyond would save humanity, and though Ardyn thinks it might, he doesn't care about being a savior: he only wants vengeance. Even if Noctis cannot forgive Ardyn, he views his nemesis a part of the world that he swore to protect, and recalls how the Mystic had asked him to save him."

Certainly there are better sources. If I mistake, I am sorry. If I remember or know more, I will tell you..etc.

14565-offsite-resizing-ff7-jpg.9xws0w.image.wlf.jpg

Oct 6, 2019
A new French FFXV guidebook is being released on November 28th, I don't know if it will have anything new in it but it will have artwork from the game as well as interviews with the devs.

http://mana-books.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-se-devoile

http://mana-books.com/uploads/ckefinder/images/FINALFANTASY-XY_00_FACEBOOK-Banniere.jpg

This is just the FFXV Official Works that was only in Japanese translated to French ffxvofficialworks.jpg

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Noctis's old Versus prototype outfit was added to Dissidia NT as a new alt, as well as some new weapons like Sword of the Father, Trident of the Oracle and other Royal Arms.

The outfit is officialy titled "異界の装束" which means "Outer world Costume/Costume from outer world".

And Nomura had some comments as he often does during the Dissidia Streams.
Nomura: "this costume was always prototype. The one he is wearing in 15 is the real one. I was involved with it until that. But there are lots of things I can't say."

DotF English version Novel also has a confirmed release date now.
June 23, 2020.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Lmao we get it officially in Dissidia but not on the main game.

Thanks
Not officially yeah, bu tbh Dissidia seems more like the place to include things including prototype/early/alternate versions of character designs from prior to the games release, like how they also have one of Kuja's early designed outfits that was never actually used in FF9 itself.

Though I always thought they would end up putting in his Versus prototype outfit officially as an outfit in XV down the line as DLC since the data for it was found in the base console version of the game, I also wished they added the outfit he got in Tekken 7 into XV too, that collab was really one sided.

Jun 3, 2018
The blade he used against the mystic is probably Noct's own Royal Arm. Sword of the Chosen or Blade of Dawn. He used it only when Mystic sent them into the beyond, a realm beyond conventional time and space wherein Noctis himself may have gifted it to himself in the crystal. But alas, cut out.