Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
First new details about what the China FFXV mobile game is.
It's a mobile MMORPG based on FFXV.
It's set in a parallel world/AU to base FFXV, and it starts when Noctis's journey begins.
The player travels to save the world from threats, and there is new area maps and regions added, like the continents floating in the sky and "The Great Pagoda".
It has action combat that's designed for touch input, and is being made in UE4.
There will be trailer footage shown in the first half of 2020, though the exact releases date is undecided.
It's a joined development and production between Chinese and South Korean companies, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Group is the Chinese publisher with GAEA Games from China and JSC of South Korea developing.

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=232450

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
The girl in blue seems to have the Altissia crest on her arm, and the girl next to Iris has clothes with elements similar to Iedolas, so maybe like I speculated before you create a character and have them from the different nations.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Let's not forget the Amano artwork created for this game. Looks like it's foreshadowing both the concept behind the game and one of the "new locations" (*ahem*Floating continent*ahem*).

Origin of Mythology.jpg

The girl in blue seems to have the Altissia crest on her arm, and the girl next to Iris has clothes with elements similar to Iedolas, so maybe like I speculated before you create a character and have them from the different nations.
It could be a means of forming some kind of low-level pact with a chosen deity for a boon. Like the old beliefs of having saint or divine images to evoke their power.

Personally, I'm very curious who the woman in black and white is in the CGI character roster. Likely someone from Niflheim, but maybe someone else with different allegiances.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Let's not forget the Amano artwork created for this game. Looks like it's foreshadowing both the concept behind the game and one of the "new locations" (*ahem*Floating continent*ahem*).

It could be a means of forming some kind of low-level pact with a chosen deity for a boon. Like the old beliefs of having saint or divine images to evoke their power.

Personally, I'm very curious who the woman in black and white is in the CGI character roster. Likely someone from Niflheim, but maybe someone else with different allegiances.
Ah yeah that's probably it.

It's also now planned for a global release.

According to Daniel Ahmad aka ZhugeEX, an analyst covering games in China & Asia mentioned they expanded the scope of the game and development and went from a China only release to a Global release which is why it was pushed from 2019 to 2020(TBA).
A New ‘Final Fantasy XV’ Mobile MMORPG is in the Works for China with a Global Release Planned
A new mobile MMORPG based in the Final Fantasy XV universe is currently in the works, as reported by Enduins and relayed via industry analyst Daniel Ahmad on Twitter. Square Enix is collaborating with Korean developer JSC and prolific mobile developer GAEA to develop the upcoming game, which will feature large-scale multiplayer and take place in a parallel world to the original Final Fantasy XV that released in 2016. The story will begin shortly after Prince Noctis sets out on his journey, and will see your player character traveling with friends and saving the world from threats. The settings will be familiar Final Fantasy XV locations as well as new expanded parts of that universe, including the Great Pagoda and “continents floating in the sky."

Interestingly, Ahmad notes on Twitter that this game was originally announced back in 2017 with a planned release in 2019, but in Mainland China only. Today’s news indicates that the project has grown in scope since then, as a third developer has been added to the collaboration, and a global release is now planned making this pertinent to our interests here in the US. Final Fantasy XV is no stranger to mobile of course, as Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition (Free) released in early 2018 and offered up more or less the full Final Fantasy XV experience from consoles but with a more battery-friendly graphical style. It will be fun to see where this new Final Fantasy XV mobile experience takes us, and more information as well as a game trailer should be revealed sometime in the first half of 2020.
https://toucharcade.com/2020/01/07/final-fantasy-xv-mobile-mmorpg-announced/

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Ah yeah that's probably it.

It's also now planned for a global release.

According to Daniel Ahmad aka ZhugeEX, an analyst covering games in China & Asia mentioned they expanded the scope of the game and development and went from a China only release to a Global release which is why it was pushed from 2019 to 2020(TBA).

https://toucharcade.com/2020/01/07/final-fantasy-xv-mobile-mmorpg-announced/

Very interesting. What's the bet that people will be curious simply because SQEX might "restore what was lost" and all the usual stuff people were wanting from DLC and other updates? I don't think that'll happen, but they might delve deeper into the role of the Crystal. Since this is a parallel world, they might also offer multiple ending/route choices similar to what was tried with Agito and Episode Ardyn.

Also, cudos for giving the player agency beyond Noctis's journey. Gives more chances for world building outside his particular bubble. Wow, if you got the chance to explore inside Niflheim, it'd lend a whole new perspective on things. Been playing Type-0 recently, and one of the best surprises for me was being able to visit the Militesi capital and talk with normal soldiers.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Very interesting. What's the bet that people will be curious simply because SQEX might "restore what was lost" and all the usual stuff people were wanting from DLC and other updates? I don't think that'll happen, but they might delve deeper into the role of the Crystal. Since this is a parallel world, they might also offer multiple ending/route choices similar to what was tried with Agito and Episode Ardyn.

Also, cudos for giving the player agency beyond Noctis's journey. Gives more chances for world building outside his particular bubble. Wow, if you got the chance to explore inside Niflheim, it'd lend a whole new perspective on things. Been playing Type-0 recently, and one of the best surprises for me was being able to visit the Militesi capital and talk with normal soldiers.
Given it's AU nature I think they can go ham and change things for whatever alternate universe stuff will be here, like in that image above Ravus doesn't have his Magitek arm, and also Crowe is there, he lost his arm during the events of Kingslgaive and she also died during that too, so her being even in it and Magitek Arm less Ravus at least implies it will be a completely alternate universe stuff including events in Kingsglaive, not just the game.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Given it's AU nature I think they can go ham and change things for whatever alternate universe stuff will be here, like in that image above Ravus doesn't have his Magitek arm, and also Crowe is there, he lost his arm during the events of Kingslgaive and she also died during that too, so her being even in it and Magitek Arm less Ravus at least implies it will be a completely alternate universe stuff including events in Kingsglaive, not just the game.
I'd completely missed that in the render.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Just dropping by to say hello. Not sure how i feel about all of these story and continental expansions coming through a Chinese AU MMO, but cant really complain until i see the final product. Just hope this doesnt make the original lose its charms because they decided to actually use the KG characters in game or make the story somehow better (this is dependent on how the story will even be presented).

Anyway, hope thats not offending anyone. I just wish....stuff like this could have actually happened, at least the gameplay additions they seem to be adding.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm honestly surprised they're still trying to put more out of this game. It might be a cool idea if it wasn't just a mobile game. It's likely the gameplay will be pretty boring and not at all interesting. But, we'll have to see. Regardless, I don't play mobile games because they just don't make sense for me to play with a powerful PC and consoles as well.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I'm honestly surprised they're still trying to put more out of this game. It might be a cool idea if it wasn't just a mobile game. It's likely the gameplay will be pretty boring and not at all interesting. But, we'll have to see. Regardless, I don't play mobile games because they just don't make sense for me to play with a powerful PC and consoles as well.
When it was first announced in 2017 my immediate thought was it was gonna be FFXV's version of FF Awakening for Type-0. I don't play mobile games either though I feel like this one might be getting a bit more budget compared to FF Awakening, and since it's getting a global release if it actually looks good I might check it out. Gameplay wise I always expected something like FF Awakening though so I'm not expecting much, which strictly core player combat input wise is also kinda similar to how FFXV pocket edition plays based on the gameplay footage I've seen.

But who knows, mobile games can have 3rd person Action combat like this too