Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 3, 2018
Literally Noctis. Anybody that tries claiming it's just Nomura reusing certain themes probably believe Versus would have been worth the wait and not a confusing KH mess and that Tabata completely made his own story.

The ReMind DLC just makes me more certain that Dawn of the Future reused old concepts alongside new ones. Specifically those replica Xenahorts being replica Bahamuts. Just classic Nomura stretching the concept out since he's not making Versus nonono it's TOTALLY a new original idea with some vague themes being reused. Nothing to do at all with his original plan for Versus.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I'm not into Kingdom Hearts very much but I watched all cutscenes with this guy on youtube. As much as I wish that they'd make a new game for him or another versus xiii etc I just think that this is Noctis sleeping in his car somewhere on his journey lol. Because Yozora said something like it's not even how I really look like (?). Besides, Square have every right to put Noctis into this game as they did with other Final Fantasy characters. I think that putting a guy that looks like him and probably Noctis later too would just cause too much confusion. Noctis plays a lot of games so it could be 'I was playing this cool game on my phone and then fell asleep and I met with some random guy named Sora...' etc. To be honest I just don't know why they didn't put Noctis there but okay...

Jun 3, 2018
I'm not into Kingdom Hearts very much but I watched all cutscenes with this guy on youtube. As much as I wish that they'd make a new game for him or another versus xiii etc I just think that this is Noctis sleeping in his car somewhere on his journey lol. Because Yozora said something like it's not even how I really look like (?). Besides, Square have every right to put Noctis into this game as they did with other Final Fantasy characters. I think that putting a guy that looks like him and probably Noctis later too would just cause too much confusion. Noctis plays a lot of games so it could be 'I was playing this cool game on my phone and then fell asleep and I met with some random guy named Sora...' etc. To be honest I just don't know why they didn't put Noctis there but okay...
Likely scenario. He was "dreaming" for the XIV collab, he dreams for ten goddamn years, something that was cut out of the game. I'm of the opinion that Sora is Noctis deep down, but Noctis is Sora in the "real world". KH is Noct's ten year dream... however this is pure theory at this point on my end. Even with Yozora, KH has a big theme of splitting identities and Versus had a lot of its concepts repurposed for later on with the idea to potentially flesh them out but the story could survive without em (which ultimately happened).

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Likely scenario. He was "dreaming" for the XIV collab, he dreams for ten goddamn years, something that was cut out of the game. I'm of the opinion that Sora is Noctis deep down, but Noctis is Sora in the "real world". KH is Noct's ten year dream... however this is pure theory at this point on my end. Even with Yozora, KH has a big theme of splitting identities and Versus had a lot of its concepts repurposed for later on with the idea to potentially flesh them out but the story could survive without em (which ultimately happened).
idk if they would connect ff xv with kingdom hearts like that. i feel like they wanted ff xv to be sad and serious in the end and officially connecting it with 'noctis dreamed of kingdom hearts' would be too childish idk just this game is too childish for me

Jun 3, 2018
idk if they would connect ff xv with kingdom hearts like that. i feel like they wanted ff xv to be sad and serious in the end and officially connecting it with 'noctis dreamed of kingdom hearts' would be too childish idk just this game is too childish for me
Y-you missed the point of what I said. I mean when NOMURA was in control, and Versus was his baby, that was the plan. Tabata disconnected from Versus, KH and FNC in general to make XV stand alone. XV STILL has openings for these dream worlds but ultimately I was talking about when Nomura was spearheading the projects.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Y-you missed the point of what I said. I mean when NOMURA was in control, and Versus was his baby, that was the plan. Tabata disconnected from Versus, KH and FNC in general to make XV stand alone. XV STILL has openings for these dream worlds but ultimately I was talking about when Nomura was spearheading the projects.
well i don't think that they would bring the whole kingdom hearts series to noctis dreaming about this, it probably would make some people angry that some guy from newest ff showed up and boom thats his dream. i think i missed your point with nomura/tabata, was it in older posts? i didnt read everything i just came to write my thoughts

Jun 3, 2018
well i don't think that they would bring the whole kingdom hearts series to noctis dreaming about this, it probably would make some people angry that some guy from newest ff showed up and boom thats his dream. i think i missed your point with nomura/tabata, was it in older posts? i didnt read everything i just came to write my thoughts
Ah, yes. Basically my point was when Nomura controlled both Versus and KH, he released material for Noctis that was absolutely evoking Sora and he definitely intended more ties when HE controlled Versus. When Tabata took over, it remained the same story but with alterations, like the dreaming being for things like the Carnival instead of some KH World. Remember, Nomura ballooned his Versus title up. Anything we see in Verum Rex with Yozora, we can interpret as being what Nomura WOULD have done had he continued work on Versus.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
Nomura got forced off his own project, he was forced to not talk about it (see NT streams), he made vague comments how Sora and Noctis are his favorite characters and how drawing Noctis for NT brought him to tears. And let's not forget how Riku was designed for KH3 (a la Noctis). It's pretty obvious that the change in directors for XV was received with a heavy heart, and we even know Tabata's and Nomura's teams did not interact/communicate after this change.

I don't think it was ethical how SE treated Nomura and XV, but as the saying goes "it's just business." As such, if KH3 DLC is selling well and if this is generating hype/demand for the next chapter of the KH story, then there is nothing wrong with Nomura using his ideas again to realize the vision that got taken away from him. If Verum Rex brings sales, then anything Nomura does with it is fair game, "it's just business" after all.

It would have been better if Yozora woke up and actually was Noctis
No that wouldn't be better, whatever Tabata did with Noctis in XV has resulted in a VERY different character from Nomura's Noctis. Using him would limit the narrative to cater to Noct's personality from XV. As such, for Nomura to use his Versus 13 themes he needed a new Noctis-character that can be written from scratch.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
i could see how Nomura might be creating a new IP, Verum Rex, by introducing it first in KH making sure it gets the attention.
That could work actually. Introduce it in KH to see if it has enough independent resonance to stand on its own. If not, then it would probably remain exclusive to KH, but otherwise he might push forward with it.

If the latter case, then it could be under two banners. Either as a standalone IP known under the title Vernum Rex, or perhaps a new FF spin-off subtitled Vernum Rex.

Or we could be reading too much into all this. Plus, this is the FFXV thread, not the Kingdom Hearts thread or a hypothetical Vernum Rex thread.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
i could see how Nomura might be creating a new IP, Verum Rex, by introducing it first in KH making sure it gets the attention.
I think that would make sense. KH games typically don't explain "new franchises" - all the worlds/characters have a source material. Since KH4 is not gonna be a thing for 5+ years at least, "Verum Rex Versus 13" can be made into its own title that will later be featured in KH4. That way character's origins won't need explanations in KH4 and the laws of that world will already be determined.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
There are rumors online that the Verum Rex Girl (people refer to her as Nameless Star) has the original Stella VA in Japanese, not the Luna VA. I can't find the source/proof of it, does anyone know how we can check who are the two Japanese voice actresses?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
There are rumors online that the Verum Rex Girl (people refer to her as Nameless Star) has the original Stella VA in Japanese, not the Luna VA. I can't find the source/proof of it, does anyone know how we can check who are the two Japanese voice actresses?
Luna's voice actress in Japanese is Rina Kitagawa/Shiori Kutsuna. Risa Shimizu is the voice for ??? (aka nameless star) in KHIII.

Stella never had a confirmed voice actress cast. I can't find any sources on the subject whatever that aren't deeply suspicious or questionable. The only "proof" anyone offers up is that they sound alike. As do many other Japanese voice actresses who play certain parts and roles in VO.

I think whoever started this is pulling something out of their ass to fuel the flames of "Bring Back Nomura-baby's child that was so cruelly stolen from him by the corporate monster" ranting. If they bothered to look at sources, they'd know Nomura remained as co-director alongside Tabata for a whole year specifically to see what could be salvaged and what had to change. Nomura was in on most of the changes which we saw in the final product, which lest we forget were decided upon during that crucial early period.

EDIT: Correction made. I mistakenly put only the Kingsglaive actress. Thanks, Bazztek.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
he was forced to not talk about it (see NT streams)
This is false, he was never not allowed to talk about it and his comment in the Dissidia NT stream was him making a tongue in cheek joke because the Dissidia staff decided to put the Versus Noctis outfit in Dissidia, SE and various staff on XV team had discussed Versus multiple times both before and after XV released too, and even Episode Ardyn specifically is full of direct references to specific things from old Versus trailers, and that released after KH3 came out.

how drawing Noctis for NT brought him to tears.
This is complete and utter bullshit that was literally just some random joke someone on RESETERA said, nothing Nomura said in the livestream of when he drew Noctis. Shit like this is why people are so fucking annoyed by Versus/Nomura stans, you keep mixing fiction as if it were fact and you regurgitate things random people said on forums and act like that was actually Nomura who said that.

and we even know Tabata's and Nomura's teams did not interact/communicate after this change.
There are devs from FFXV who went on to work on KH3 after FFXV released, and many people from Versus stayed on XV til the final release. When Tabata said that the Type-0 team didn't want to merge with Nomura's team it wasn't because they didn't get along with the staff or anything, it was because Versus XIII had a bad reputation within the company already. Nomura's own comments regarding Tabata also state that he was a great addition to the team and that "his vitality and mentality are always very motivated and very high".
Finaland & FFDream: What will the addition of Hajime Tabata, the great producer of Final Fantasy Type-0 bring to the FFXV team ?

Tetsuya Nomura: The reason why we bringed Tabata-san into the team is because he always said to me that it wanted to join the Final Fantasy XV project. I asked him in the team, his vitality and mentality are always very motivated and very high. In the future campaign and until the game is out, Tabata-san himself will be going to speak in front of you guys more often so please ask him in details when he’s available.

Finaland & FFDream: Nomura-san, you work on a lot of project like Final Fantasy XV, the Kingdom Hearts Saga, The World Ends With You. How do you manage all the projects you have at the same time?

Tetsuya Nomura: Actually I am not very good at managing myself, especially at managing lots of different projects, but because of my staff and all the staffs are very very intelligent, very good and very capable I’m able to run all the different projects at the same time. And also the most important are the Co-Directors in each project, again they are very capable and skilled people, they are the people actually managing the actual everyday job on the ground. That’s why I’m here, they are supporting me all the time.

https://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865

And while we also know that Wada had requested Tabata join FFXV and for them to take it in a new direction, that still doesn't change that Nomura himself said that Tabata had always wanted to join the FFXV team and that Nomura literally says "I asked him in the team". When Tabata joined XV he did so as Co-director with Nomura, for whatever reason Nomura was taken off the game in December 2013, and we know now that FF7R actually started sometime around 2013 too, which would likely be the actual reason why he was taken off XV.

No that wouldn't be better, whatever Tabata did with Noctis in XV has resulted in a VERY different character from Nomura's Noctis. Using him would limit the narrative to cater to Noct's personality from XV. As such, for Nomura to use his Versus 13 themes he needed a new Noctis-character that can be written from scratch.
How Noctis acts and his personality is in XV is exactly how Nomura always described him to be in Versus/XV, the literal only difference is that in XV they recorded more dialogue for Noct in XV than in Versus so his Japanese VA Tatsuhisa Suzuki said Noct ended up more talkative than in Versus, simply because he recorded more dialogue, his actual personality of being someone who is actually a dork, someone who isn't actually cool despite his looks, someone who thinks himself just a normal person and is against the rigid rules of the royal familyetc, was kept and retained, even the side of Noct where he can get angry really quick and errupt was clearly shown in scenes like in Chapter 1 against the Niflheim troops or in Chapter 11 when he's swinging his sword at "Ardyn" in the train full of people.

Despite copying a cutscene animation almost 1:1 with Yozora from Noctis's 2011 trailer animation, that doesn't actually mean Yozora has the same personality as Noct did or was supposed to have, and he doesn't even actually seem to at all based on anything he's said and done in KH3 ReMind. It would be like saying Ardyn has the same personality as what Noctis because Ardyn in Episode Ardyn has the same car scene animation that Noctis had back in 2006 and also sits on the throne in the same way Noctis was sitting in the 2006 and 2011 Versus trailers. Hell even the Terra Wars event has Noct saying dialogue practically identical to things he said in the 2009 Versus trailer too.

Yozora may be based on the idea of Noctis but he isn't the "actual" Noctis that Nomura was planning, the Noct we got in XV is that based on literlaly everything Nomura ever said about him and his personality.

Luna's voice actress in Japanese is Shiori Kutsuna. Risa Shimizu is the voice for ??? (aka nameless star) in KHIII.

Stella never had a confirmed voice actress cast. I can't find any sources on the subject whatever that aren't deeply suspicious or questionable. The only "proof" anyone offers up is that they sound alike. As do many other Japanese voice actresses who play certain parts and roles in VO.

I think whoever started this is pulling something out of their ass to fuel the flames of "Bring Back Nomura-baby's child that was so cruelly stolen from him by the corporate monster" ranting. If they bothered to look at sources, they'd know Nomura remained as co-director alongside Tabata for a whole year specifically to see what could be salvaged and what had to change. Nomura was in on most of the changes which we saw in the final product, which lest we forget were decided upon during that crucial early period.
Shiori Kutsuna is her Kingsglaive Japanese VA, her Japanese VA in the game is Rina Kitagawa.

Last edited: