Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Referring to the above, I finally found a transcript from the magazine, from a French KH website. Here's as close a translation as I can manage.

There has been a lot of speculation that Yozora looks a lot like the character of Noctis in VERSUS, but as the title's director and knowing all the story that was planned, I can tell you this ... the worlds of VERUM REX and VERSUS are very different. There are still many unanswered questions, one of which is "What is the connection between VERUM REX and KH III?", and all I can say is that as the plot progresses, it will surely be an unexpected development.
As can be seen, the "unexpected development" was firmly in relation to the connection between Verum Rex and KHIII, and nothing to do with a connection between Verum and Versus. Nomura himself has spoken. These two are not the same.

Here's the link: https://www.khdestiny.fr/news-1786-Interview-de-Tetsuya-Nomura-dans-Dengeki-PS.html

Basically, putting speculation to rest. Good thing too.

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Not surprised, good on him for further clarification.

Its 2020 and people are still getting ahead of themselves, I'm so over the Versus drama.
While I don't like to get involved in the Versus drama and weird theories involving it, you have to admit that by re-using some of the assets from that project, Nomura is really asking for the drama. He loves to stir shit like that.

Feb 19, 2018
It's nice that Nomura's officially confirmed this but I don't see the fanboy wars stopping any time soon. Someone, somewhere will manage to do enough mental gymnastics to get some totally random conspiracy theory out of this and if they can sensationalize it enough people will eat it up.

mozzafaralj

SOLDIER Second Class
Apr 12, 2016

[Important Notice] Some functions of "FINAL FANTASY XV" and PC version "FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION" will be partially terminated from Wednesday, June 24, 2020. See below for details.
https://sqex.to/IyZwu
Thank you for your understanding. #FFXV # FF15

http://www.finalfantasy.jp/ffxvuniverse/information/category/game/202004news.php

Notice of end of online content for FINAL FANTASY XV
The functions of FINAL FANTASY XV and PC version of FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will be partially terminated.

The “FFXV INFORMATION” and “INFORMATION” (game update information) items for all models of “FINAL FANTASY XV” will be deleted, and some of the functions of “FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION” for PC will be terminated.

From Wednesday, June 24, 2020, some items will be deleted and no longer available for the following products. We apologize for any inconvenience, but we appreciate your understanding.

[Deleted items]

Shipping
・ PS4 version / Xbox One version `` FINAL FANTASY XV ''

Items to be deleted
・ "FFXV INFORMATION" (game update information)

Shipping
・ PS4 version / Xbox One version `` FFXV MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES ''
Items to be deleted
・ "INFORMATION" (game update information)

Shipping
・ PC version `` FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION ''
Items to be deleted
・ "FFXV INFORMATION" (game update information)
・ Main menu "Online" item
・ Option "Online Content"

-------------------------------------------------- ---------
[End of online content]

Shipping
・ PC version `` FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION ''
Functions that cannot be used
・ Noctis appearance change
・ Avatar phantom display of other players
・ User treasure
・ Official treasure
・ User photo
・ Origin version matchmaking
* "FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Comrades" can still be played.
(Only with NPC)
・ Cross matching between Steam version and Origin version
・ Online build of "MOD ORGANIZER"
* Offline build function will be provided in an update.

Shipping
・ PC version `` FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION BENCH MARK ''
Functions that cannot be used
・ Score ranking display of "Benchmark" ("Check on the Web")
※ Ranking confirmation on the Web will not be available.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Disappointing but some of that I guess isn't surprising.

There will be an offline function for the Mod Organizer that will come at a later date apparently, though i wonder what the conversation for that will be like.

thats why online components sucks, they can get terminated just like that.
The biggest reason I strongly dislike people championing the potential of Streaming domination, less offline alternatives which sets a nasty long-term precedent.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
I liked the days when games were games, with most of their best content actually unlockable within the game itself.
Yeah I absolutely agree.
Back in the days where internet wasn't there yet you could play the game spoiler free without watching the trailers, forums and social media, only by magazines.
But now... it's all connected.
Also those endlessly DLC's and patches they offer, ugh.

I don't want another FF XV, an incomplete game...

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I don't want another FF XV, an incomplete game...
I take these type of comments with a giant mountain of salt. Sure, there is no denying that FFXV, regardless of what version you want to look at, disappointed a lot of people. Then again, this naturally comes with the territory of an IP running for so long and changing things up so much.

The game had a definitive beginning, middle, and end. That to me is a complete product. If we use a judging metric of "completeness" on the premise of all ideas making it into the final product that devs wanted to aim for...well there would be a lot more "incomplete" games. Stuff gets cut all the time when it comes to the development of these games. You just knew a lot more when it came to FFXV specifically.

Fun fact, there was enough cut content from FFXIII that another game could have been produced off of it.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
Sounds like the avatara system is getting removed? Am I reading that wrong? Very very strange, I'm kind of upset that it'll be gone. I really enjoyed playing as my own character in the story mode, even though I know alot of people don't prefer to play that way.