Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
This coming from someone constantly throwing a tantrum at everyone pointing out your bullshit attempts to twist facts aren't making sense. Just like your "logical assumption" to think there was nothing preventing him from speaking about vXIII, the counterargument holds just as much merit that there is a possibility that there were instructions to not comment on it anymore.

What are you even talking about? Are you so stupid that you can't understand that people who liked the idea behind vXIII are excited to check out VR because it seems to borrow a lot of themes from that project?

I think others already pointed out you talking out of your ass (as usual) on Nomura LOL. He's employed and is one of the leads on VIIR, SE's most important game of the last 20-years. Not to mention how SE wants his input on so many of their titles. Meanwhile Tabata is on mobile, at home, after being incapable to even finish the XV DLCs aha :D

Did you see the recent ranking of FF titles? There was an article posted here just a few pages back, open your eyes. XV barely makes any of those lists, and a lot of the times it doesn't at all! XV... a finished game...? HAHAHAHA, you serious?

Try again, and this time pull your head out if your ass, sniffing your own shit isn't good for your health. You're trying to push a twisted narrative that Tabata's team did not want to work with Nomura, when the actual direction of the conversation was that there were concerns and some resistance towards the idea of being thrown on a project that's known as difficult or faced various obstacles over the years.

You're once again proving you don't know what you're talking about. The argument is that practically everything from the game while it was vXIII got removed, and not in favor of better things. What was the point of removing Stella if the replacement, Luna, was so underwhelming? What was the point of removing so many CG scenes if the replacement were inferior in-engine replicas? What was the point of removing Etro from the lore if they tried to then hint at her with Luna in DotF? What was the point of taking out so much story from the game in "favor of having it all from Noct's perspective" when that made it worse and then later they went back on that statement regardless? What was the point of taking out playing as all party members, and then slapping it back in a year after the game came out and everyone moved on? What was the point of removing the hooded ravus only to replace him with a shell of a character that is ravus in the final game? The argument can go two ways: (1) you either take away old stuff but replace it with something better (which they didn't) or (2) you keep the old stuff and run with that theme, which they also didn't since so much from the earlier trailers is nowhere to be seen.

And every single depiction of Noctis in prior trailers shows him to be very different than any of his behavior in XV. Keep pretending like they're the same.

You're so fucking stupid if that's what you took out of what I said, don't put words in my mouth. I said that of course Nomura didn't LITERALLY PROGRAM the scenes, but that he probably had an input on the setting/tone of what the scene needed to depict. And those people did a good job on it. Hence Nomura felt that scene shouldn't go to waste and got it to be repurposed in VR.

The car scene from VR that is similar to XV was first shown in the 2011 vXIII trailer. Then a small part of that scene was re-shown in the 2013 XV trailer, but it was identical to 2011.

And as it was stated like 3-4 times already, VR is probably a different story but elements and themes from Versus seem to be incorporated into it. And if Yozora and The Nameless Star have a similar relationship and tone to their interactions as what we know of Versus Noctis and Stella - then people who liked the Versus idea will be happy with VR as well.

Or it is what Bloodstained is to Castlevania. The fact that the game isn't out, that we don't even know what VR will be, and that you're already calling it Might No.9 just proves you're a XV-extremist. How pathetic.

Trust me, if VR has the themes and tone from Versus. People will be very happy and satisfied. Meanwhile you go on, keep telling yourself that the shit you were spoon-fed with XV was actually good.

At the end of the day, all I'm saying is that VR has a chance to make people who were interested in the Versus project under Nomura happy. The fact that he went out of his way to make the references to Versus so clear, implies that there will be similarities in tone. As he stated, it is not a game her worked on long ago. But the fact that so many references to this 'old game he worked on' is in VR, creates hope and a possibility that some thematic overlap will likely occur. Nobody expects it to be a remake - and there is a lot of doubt over how SE decides to market VR - but VR is a light in the darkness to people who wanted to experience the tones of vXIII. So we're happy and excited.

Meanwhile you're over here screaming that Nomura is a failure and that VR (which isn't even out yet) is the equivalent of Mighty No.9.

I'll now leave you and your buddy with another quote to think about:

“The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.” – Bertrand Russell
I'm not even going to bother with your braindead posts anymore because you simply have no logical arguments to fall back on, Nomura has now for a 3rd time stated Verum Rex is not Versus at all and that only he knew the story of Versus, which itself is hilarious meaning the story only existed in his head which is even less than we were given to understand existed for it, and just know that 7R feels nowhere near as complete as FFXV after me having finished FF7R in 37 hours and doing most of the sidequests too, neither did KH3, and that in the NHK FF TV special in February Suzuki stated that the voice dialogue he recorded when he first got hired by Nomura to be Noctis, which was back when it was Versus, is according to him still used in the final FFXV, if he really was somehow not the same character then that never would've happened.

Now that 7R is out, and me having beaten it and knowing what happened in it, the ending of 7R is going to prove extremely divisive especially among the hardcore FF7 diehard fans and it really proves that Nomura is not a great director because he has no restraint.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
I'm not even going to bother with your braindead posts anymore because you simply have no logical arguments to fall back on, Nomura has now for a 3rd time stated Verum Rex is not Versus at all and that only he knew the story of Versus, which itself is hilarious meaning the story only existed in his head which is even less than we were given to understand existed for it, and just know that 7R feels nowhere near as complete as FFXV after me having finished FF7R in 37 hours and doing most of the sidequests too, neither did KH3, and that in the NHK FF TV special in February Suzuki stated that the voice dialogue he recorded when he first got hired by Nomura to be Noctis, which was back when it was Versus, is according to him still used in the final FFXV, if he really was somehow not the same character then that never would've happened.

Now that 7R is out, and me having beaten it and knowing what happened in it, the ending of 7R is going to prove extremely divisive especially among the hardcore FF7 diehard fans and it really proves that Nomura is not a great director because he has no restraint.
So you're saying Tabata is a better director? What's good about Tabata that he keeps the job done! however, the character interactions are WAY better than XV which Tabata is poorly bad at. I understand your argument that FF7R's graphics are downgraded and the ending was divisive and I respect that. But in my opinion, Nomura does it better with directing cutscenes more than Tabata. The romance in this game does it justice compared to FFXV. After playing FF7R, I truly believe that Nomura would've done better in FFXV in my opinion.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
So you're saying Tabata is a better director? What's good about Tabata that he keeps the job done! however, the character interactions are WAY better than XV which Tabata is poorly bad at. I understand your argument that FF7R's graphics are downgraded and the ending was divisive and I respect that. But in my opinion, Nomura does it better with directing cutscenes more than Tabata. The romance in this game does it justice compared to FFXV. After playing FF7R, I truly believe that Nomura would've done better in FFXV in my opinion.
I agree that overall FFVIIR is the better game, theres a sense of tactic in the gameplay, presentation is amazing and the female characters are honestly fantastic, but FFXV also had amazing character interaction with the bros, more variety of optional content, more impressive exploration... and the ending is at least 1000 times better.

also Nomura has way more experience at developing console games, FFXV was Tabata's first big project (and a messy one since conception), at this point he Nomura should be doing a way better job instead of writing fanfictions and ruining beloved sagas.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Tabata is inherently a better director than Nomura, and also no the character interaction in XV is done much better than what's in 7R too. Nomura is not a cutscene director either, and FFXV is not a story about romance, after playing 7R it only confirms Nomura has no clue what the fuck he's doing and it would have been a complete and utter piece of shit under him. Having good cutscene direction has no bearing on being a good game, and even then the cutscenes are the only thing that even look good in 7R, the story and narrative behind it is abysmal. None of the characters even interact during combat in 7R and they have barely any dialogue outside of cutscenes or scripted events with each other. Not only that but as far as being a game goes XV is structured far better, has actual sense of exploration with meaningful rewards, unlike 7R which is another corridor simulator with its combat being pretty barebones compared to XV.

Also it's not even like the cutscenes are "good" because of it being a Nomura game, the cutscenes in KH3 were abysmal, and 7R even has a shot for shot recreation of a cutscene from Crisis Core. The cutscene director on 7R was the FF13 cutscene director, and most of their time and budget was clearly spent on doing the cutscenes, since even back in 2017 they said that FF7R cutscenes were more further along than the KH3 cutscenes, they had like 6 years to make the cutscenes and polish them up since they actually started full development, even if designs changed it wouldn't affect cutscenes since you could easily swap old models out with the newer ones they did.

Nomura is a hack director. He should just stick to doing character designs which is the only thing he's good at, and even that is within reason.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
@Bazztek I think it's best to reserve final judgement until the final part of the remake comes out...which is going to be years from now -,-'.
Considering Nomura's past record I can only expect this to become even more nonsensical + plot-holes (rule of cool is more important), they have a lot to explain already..
If this had any chance to have a cohesive story, its already lost.

OG already had a great number of themes to deal with already, this only further complicates the realization of the story.

There's a certain point where craziness becomes too much.

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
The difference between VIIR and XV are not related with their directors.

XV is a cancelled project of the PS3 era that could not be produced due constrains of hardware and never had a staff to start programing the game.
So, when the executives of Square greenlighted KHIII and Remake, they priorized those projects.
But due to having shown the product years before and having generated a fandom, the executives decided to give the project to a team that was known for making well received portable games and decided to update them into a AAA studio. Giving Tabata the responsability to create that team, create a new engine for next gen and create a game with the bases of another project.

So, XV is a game made with a total new engine created by a team that did not know how to do any of what they where doing and had a time constrain. So it ended being a chimera of really good ideas put together with tape because there was plenty of content that could not be realized in time or they couldn't make it work.
That's why it's dlc model worked so well for the game.

Final Fantasy VII is a game made with a reliable engine, without time constrains and with 4 directors controlling the project (Nojima, Kitase, Nomura, Toriyama).
I don't think Nomura has that much free control of this title as we may think as he did with KH3. Definetly the dementor looking things are his designs, but i see a lot of Nojima and Toriyama's ideas on this.

By what was said in interviews, Nomura is a creative director that makes sure that all the developement is consistent to the vision of the artistic team. And supervises all divisions, like Miyamoto does in Nintendo.

While Tabata is the kind of leader that knows how every aspect of production works and makes sure the people on the team is capable to do their duties and makes it in time.

One of them visits the offices once in a while to make sure things don't deviate and the other leads the team everyday and makes sure to acomplish objectives in time. And as it was shown in the Dlc, Tabata has no problem with giving free creativity to his team in terms of story and content (each dlc are made by different people), in fact he did it so the team could be more prepared for future titles.

So Tabata should be judged by his capability of delivering his projects in time with efficiency. And he delivered a full developed team with great creatives, a new engine capable to produce titles for next gen, a videogame that had millions of units sold and kept the brand fresh for future years.

While Nomura should be judged by the visuals, script, art direction and consistency of the music of the projects he works on. And he should not be judged by the consistency of the gameplay or level design.

The KH3 dev team is another game made with developers who had no idea how to do a next gen title and didn't try.
FFXV had to discover everything by themselves and hit against every posible problem, and finally VII had people with experience and knowlege in AAA development and had leaders in each division who made other triple AAA titles.

With this said, everyone should be able to decide which director does a good job and which don't.

Last edited:

ash

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
Keiji Fujiwara, voice actor of Ardyn, Reno in FF7 and Axel in KH, among many many more has passed away.
R.I.P
This is heart breaking. I never heard his voice acting for any of these characters in Japanese, but I nonetheless respect his work given the popularity of the characters in Japanese video game culture. RIP..

Feb 19, 2018
Hoping FFXV will grow to be less divisive as time goes on and that with an eventual re-release after about 7-8 years they can add/tweak the things that fans wanted. More than anything the implementation of hard mode the way it's been implemented in FFVIIR would be a great and relatively easy addition to the game and on the more ambitious side of things the scrapped DLC would be a great selling point.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Hoping FFXV will grow to be less divisive as time goes on and that with an eventual re-release after about 7-8 years they can add/tweak the things that fans wanted. More than anything the implementation of hard mode the way it's been implemented in FFVIIR would be a great and relatively easy addition to the game and on the more ambitious side of things the scrapped DLC would be a great selling point.
I can do without the alternate path with fanfic happy ending DLC to be honest lol

But yeah, tons of ways they could enhance the main game.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I can do without the alternate path with fanfic happy ending DLC to be honest lol

But yeah, tons of way they could enhance the main game.
Same. Given how I feel about some of the changes in VIIR, I'd prefer Squenix leave XV's story as it is (and maybe just have a couple of missions that unlock the anime episodes inside the game).

They tend to be much better about gameplay improvements... and I think making a few changes there could result in a huge improvement. Like, I think XV could be challenging in a less frustrating way than VIIR by simply making you use party commands to use items and then doing a slight rebalance.

Loganight

Forest Owl
Feb 24, 2018
I've had this conversation with friends alot since we all beat VIIR and I feel like VIIR and XV do alot of things better than eachother, but I don't think either completely trumps the other in terms of gameplay. As for what XV could steal from VIIR, having to actually go in to get ATB when you have none but need a potion was really exhilarating and exactly what I feel XV could use. I think VIIR's more grounded combat adds to the difficulty in a way that zipping around in XV can't, buuuut that probably would make that feeling of desperation when you need to build ATB for a heal more erratic and fun. Having to phase correctly would also become alot more important in those situations. I don't think you can just directly rip the ATB system from VIIR and paste it over XV, but maybe retooling MP to be a much more limited resource and tacking it onto item usage (along with maybe an item cooldown?) could encourage alot more aggressive play if you make combos build MP back. Towers would also have to stop giving you a ton of MP as well though, which might go against the game's core "zip-in, zip-out" mentality.