Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

aarg, this is identical to the lightning used on the first tech demo videos released. Its so beautiful, cinematic and moody.
I actually found one that is similar to the old 2014 vids but unfortunately it bugs out whenever it turns night time, basically it only works properly from dawn through to sunset, once it turns night time everything becomes very bright and lit weirdly, a lot of settings are like that where they work only at night or at day, some are just overexposed white, like that effect that happens when you come out from a cave or out from inside somewhere but it's overly bright the entire time.

I'm not sure if this one here is just the regular default setting, I took a bunch of pics and lost track of them, either way this one seems like a lighting setting used by default.

In comparison here is the setting I found that is closer to the lighting look of the old 2014 footage.

Here's that same setting at sunset.

But at night it looks like this.

@Bazztek did you downgrade your game? or did you just never update? I've been trying to get back to the debug build this past week and have only been able to find out how to get to 1.25.
I have 2 versions installed on separated drives, one on a SSD and the other on a HDD, the version I used for the debug build I had on the HDD which I only use in offline mode, I have the proper game on my SSD.
Does the debug build work with the other PC versions?

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Noctis's Japanese VA Tatsuhisa Suzuki just made some posts on his twitter about FFXV/Versus XIII.

Basically his first post has him saying he's grateful to the FFXV team who gave him the wonderful present of being the prince, he says he wishes he could talk about Versus and FFXV, that he carries everything for FFXV with love, and says that Noct is the best king.

His second post has him saying he has his Versus script put in a visible place and a Japanese saying that means "don't forget where you came from". That Nomura was the one who first made him prince and that he's therefore also grateful to Nomura, though it's been a while since he's seen him.

His third post is him saying that when he will talk about Versus and FFXV that there are many things he's eager to talk about, but to have patience, and that he's been attached to them for over 10 years and that he understands everything.

His fourth post is him saying that he's just going to say this for now, that the rumours you've heard about FFXV are only putting out fake and wrong information, he says that there isn't anyone who was bad or in the wrong, that it'd make him sad if it were true so he's saying this now to correct people for good that they aren't, and that he's not the type of adult that would sit in silence as people talk badly about his friends. Lastly he says he's talked too much and is going to sleep.

Btw a few months back, during the FF NHK thing Suzuki mentioned that there is dialogue he recorded from when he first started voice recording under Nomura that is still used in the final FFXV.

Luna's mocap actress Yumi Yoshitatsu also made some posts following up on Suzuki's posts.
https://twitter.com/yumi94yoshi/status/1269295675461693440

In case folks didn't know, Yumi Yoshitatsu was hired onto the game by Nomura back during the Versus days, she says the voice actors and mocap actors auditioned at the same time, and that despite various things happening she was happy to complete it as FFXV, she also says that she's proud that Nomura chose her for the role and that even though the teams changed that they were blessed with wonderful people.
Her second post is saying that although the Lunafreya DLC couldn't be completed, she's glad to have been part of the Lunafreya Task Force and could participate in its development alongside other voice actors and mocap actors, and she says that even after that her relationship with those people she loves continues. She then says XV was a work that was a big challenge and that she believes it will continue to be appreciated.
Lastly she says she's glad she was able to meet Versus and then become Lunafreya in FFXV.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Basically his first post has him saying he's grateful to the FFXV team who gave him the wonderful present of being the prince, he says he wishes he could talk about Versus and FFXV, that he carries everything for FFXV with love, and says that Noct is the best king.

His second post has him saying he has his Versus script put in a visible place and a Japanese saying that means "don't forget where you came from". That Nomura was the one who first made him prince and that he's therefore also grateful to Nomura, though it's been a while since he's seen him.

His third post is him saying that when he will talk about Versus and FFXV that there are many things he's eager to talk about, but to have patience, and that he's been attached to them for over 10 years and that he understands everything.

His fourth post is him saying that he's just going to say this for now, that the rumours you've heard about FFXV are only putting out fake and wrong information, he says that there isn't anyone who was bad or in the wrong, that it'd make him sad if it were true so he's saying this now to correct people for good that they aren't, and that he's not the type of adult that would sit in silence as people talk badly about his friends. Lastly he says he's talked too much and is going to sleep.

Btw a few months back, during the FF NHK thing Suzuki mentioned that there is dialogue he recorded from when he first started voice recording under Nomura that is still used in the final FFXV.
The bolded part is really interesting -- the fact that Suzuki is so confident that he'll be able to talk about Versus and XV eventually suggests that there might be either a limitation to the NDA that he's under or some kind of plan to reveal more about what happened behind the scenes.

Not to mention... I would pay quite a bit of money for a copy of that script out of pure curiosity. xD Especially knowing that some parts managed to make it into the final game!

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Noctis's Japanese VA Tatsuhisa Suzuki just made some posts on his twitter about FFXV/Versus XIII.

Luna's mocap actress Yumi Yoshitatsu also made some posts following up on Suzuki's posts.
https://twitter.com/yumi94yoshi/status/1269295675461693440

In case folks didn't know, Yumi Yoshitatsu was hired onto the game by Nomura back during the Versus days, she says the voice actors and mocap actors auditioned at the same time, and that despite various things happening she was happy to complete it as FFXV, she also says that she's proud that Nomura chose her for the role and that even though the teams changed that they were blessed with wonderful people.
Her second post is saying that although the Lunafreya DLC couldn't be completed, she's glad to have been part of the Lunafreya Task Force and could participate in its development alongside other voice actors and mocap actors, and she says that even after that her relationship with those people she loves continues. She then says XV was a work that was a big challenge and that she believes it will continue to be appreciated.
Lastly she says she's glad she was able to meet Versus and then become Lunafreya in FFXV.
Small correction but he says he received a gift from the FFXV team and then that he was really glad he was the prince. Some of the XV devs replied saying they're glad it arrived safely so looks like he's saying this because he was sent a gift from the XV team.

The bolded part is really interesting -- the fact that Suzuki is so confident that he'll be able to talk about Versus and XV eventually suggests that there might be either a limitation to the NDA that he's under or some kind of plan to reveal more about what happened behind the scenes.

Not to mention... I would pay quite a bit of money for a copy of that script out of pure curiosity. xD Especially knowing that some parts managed to make it into the final game!
I don't know how long NDA's usually last but it has been around 10 years since he was first cast as Noctis so maybe that has something to do with it.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
I don't know if this post is related to his previous posts from yesterday but Suzuki tweeted this out, which may or may not be a tease for something.

Roughly translates to "It's fun reading a script of a work that has resumed production. It feels like the sun is falling early today."
He uses "再開" which means to reopen, resume, restart, etc.

Shimomura also commented on his posts from yesterday.
Roughly translates to "I mustn't cry... The Prince Noctis in me, regardless of Versus or XV is the Noct played by Tatsuhisa Suzuki-san. The song titled "NOCTIS" was created with the image of that Noct in mind."

To which he responded saying he's happy and then thanks her for collabing with his band OLDCODEX, and then says Deeply Mind from his band abbreviated as "OCD" and NOCTIS from FF15 are important songs that have pierced his heart.

Last edited:

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
I don't know if this post is related to his previous posts from yesterday but Suzuki tweeted this out, which may or may not be a tease for something.

Roughly translates to "It's fun reading a script of a work that has resumed production. It feels like the sun is falling early today."
He uses "再開" which means to reopen, resume, restart, etc.

Shimomura also commented on his posts from yesterday.
Roughly translates to "I mustn't cry... The Prince Noctis in me, regardless of Versus or XV is the Noct played by Tatsuhisa Suzuki-san. The song titled "NOCTIS" was created with the image of that Noct in mind."

To which he responded saying he's happy and then thanks her for collabing with his band OLDCODEX, and then says Deeply Mind from his band abbreviated as "OCD" and NOCTIS from FF15 are important songs that have pierced his heart.
Something's very suspicious, I'm trying to be as pessimistic as possible, but yoko tweeting back is even more suspicious. Why tweet something at time like this? Especially in june where gaming events occur that month