Final Fantasy XV, how do you currently feel about this game now?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Overall how do you feel about Final Fantasy XV?

• Total voters

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
We still don't fully understand how the combat works. We have an idea, and some people have done a very good job analyzing what has been shown/said so far; but we'll have to wait until we get more footage/details of the game's combat system. Maybe they'll listen to feedback and change some of the mechanics, who knows. Those "equivalents" as you call it may have already been implemented, and are yet to be revealed. Like you, I don't like some of they things they've revealed so far about the combat, but I realized I have to wait until more info comes out to really judge it. And that means we'll have to wait for more details. Thank God we are not living in the Dark Ages and we'll get more info pretty soon.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
i don't like it right now, this is not the final product and alot of things can change, i get it. but right now without switch characters or a system where there is no intelligent commands to put a character in a precise position to wait or keep attacking does not seem right, I'm not a conformist, I want the game I've been seeing these last eight years or the equivalent of that or i won't buy this game.
Switching characters isn't that big of a deal in my opinion, and I have no idea what "put a character in a precise position to wait or keep attacking" means... how was this at all advertised as part of the game you've been seeing these "last eight years", because this has never been something... if I even am understanding you correctly.

This game is delivering on everything it's promised to be so far other than removing the character switching, which I honestly think is for the best.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well, that and that the gameplay is less like KH now.
Well, yeah, but that's not really a bad thing either, the KH battle system is pretty bare bones and I'd much prefer a system like Type-0 that gives more flexibility and control. It does deliver on being an action RPG, which is the main thing promised with this game, I was under the impression the battle system would never continue to be an exact copy of KH2.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Ambivalent and cautiously hopeful.

It's been such a long time waiting I can't stay excited, so when release is imminent I'll be more enthusiastic. Though I don't even have a PS4, haha :p While I don't think the game will be bad (rather, I'm expecting it to at *least* be good or enjoyable) it has a lot of expectations to live up to... I've kind of set all of my previous expectations aside. What will be will be.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
If the demo is really fun its gonna be rather awkward for all those people saying the game could never be any good or that was never coming out. I would love for it to be like a more complex battle system of kh2 but from what I see it loks good and fun regardless of the changes. Now the wait till the demo and type0 is the problem. Lol patience.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
You will get a PS4, right? Right? RIGHT?
I won't be able to get one for quite some time (personal life circumstances, I'm living in someone else's home right now).

But even then I was actually kinda hoping my sister would buy the PS4 (and I'm pretty sure she will). As much as I would like to play XV when it does come out, I don't think I would personally buy a whole console just to play it.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
nope, when i speak about equivalent i am talking about if they cannot give us switch character, give us something else. The equivalent of that could be intellingent commands, something like...pause screen, select character prompto to a position and give him the command to attack that behemoth from behind, that is how ME or dragon age works, that is very useful in a arpg, you party member cannot kill your monster or something else, they did not talk so much about commands but i have read in a interview that we going to give them commands in menu and i hope that those commands are something like that... commands are very important in an ARPG.

i can give you another example, now remenber final fantasy XIII versus trailer, the person who did the video used prompto to attack a monster on the air and if you still remenber Prompto use his gun on a kind of explosive tank and exploded on the behemoth, how can we call this action? strategy and useful party member. where is the equivalent of that action right now? we do not know because they did not speak enough about commands and this is the reason that i do not like it at the moment and i prefer XIII versus with bad graphics but i say it at the moment because we need to know enough before to say " it's going to be like that and i hate it :kefkalol:".

pd: i hope that you can understand my post i am latin :chocowalk:
I am latin too :D, and as you said we can still give them commands in menu (whether its like KH or FFXII gambits or similar i am fine) so worries there. If the commands are going to be a thing in the game i dont see problems in the "strategy and useful party menber" part, how useful may end up out party would depend on how smart the player is to set said commands. Speaking of giving specific actions like Promto shooting explosive tanks to blow shit out of enemies we can only hope that we can give something like KHII "reaction commands" but still the commands should cover most of out needs in terms of giving then specific orders.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I've been a long time fan of the Final Fantasy series, I pretty much grew up on these games. When The original FNC trio of games were announced back in 2006, I was super fucking excited about the possibilities. FFXII was getting ready to drop that year, so I honestly had no Idea what to expect, but it was a good type of uncertainty. Initially I remember most of my excitement was focused on XIII, then I finally saw that mysterious and moody teaser of Versus XIII for the first time. I felt so damn excited and creatively inspired. Everything about it felt so different, unlike any previous FF or any other game I've seen. I probably watched that thing way more times than I recall.

Although it was the DKΣ3713 2008 trailer that really sold me completely on the concept and the world. Those scenes set to Omnis Lacrima for the first time felt cool and dramatic, and personally one of my favorite trailers. Since then I've managed to keep up with every Nomura interview and tidbit regarding the development of the game. Talks of how the game would be harkening back to a more traditional FF, while experimenting with a darker, more mature tone painted a unique picture. I liked everything I saw and heard. From the art direction in its heavy use of the color black, and the juxtaposition between fantasy and realistic elements. The character designs, having more grounded outfits designed by an actual fashion designer. And the game play itself stemming from KH, meant something more dynamic and high octane compare to previous FF's. The entire package was very compelling for me. When it was turned into XV I was happier about it getting Main line status more so than anything. I think what this team is creating with this game is something very special and unique. That shit is art.

So having said all that, the wait for this game has been painful. Knowing something this good existed, but I could not have it yet sucked. Still I kept faith, even during that long 2 year drought before it was reborn as XV. For me, it was interesting to see the game evolve before our eyes. Every time the game resurfaced from an info drought, it looked even better than it did before. You could get a sense of how hard this team is working. Even in the wake of the recent news and changes, I know the wait will be worth it. For me it's not a matter of setting my expectations too high, but knowing what to expect and being open to surprise. And the surprise is part of the fun.

I've been following this game for so long, it will be surreal to finally have it, and experience it for myself. Definitely will mark the end of an era.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Wow, well it's been certainly interesting to read everyone opinions and there thoughts about the game. Thank you all for adding your inputs on the matter.

Also, I wanted to add. I edited my first post. I re-read it and it sounded extremely biased and like I was being sarcastic about me liking FFXV now by overly praising the Tales series. Truth is I enjoy both series more than any other video game franchise and Tales and Final Fantasy are both my favorites, didn't mean to sound that way as if I was putting another series above the rest. :)