FINAL FANTASY XV-Marketing until eventual release.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If you are going to say something related to FFXV reliance on feedback, post those thoughts in this other thread, please.

As we know, the game's full promotion is starting on August at Gamescom and with that said i'll ask you all, how do you want SE to handle FFXV marketing ?
For example, how many trailers are released in 'X' time, how much info of plot is reveal, how much "secrets" and "surprises" about gameplay do you want them to show up?. My personally:
  1. I'd like 1 trailer every 2-3 months, or 1 trailer per gaming event.
  2. ATR should be done once every(approx) 4 months, starting in Gamescom.
  3. Regarding point 1 and 2, we need more info about other characters (not tons of details, just something sustancial)
  4. Show us only a bit of gameplay with magic and gameplay outside of combat, such as chocobo riding(?).
  5. DON'T SPOIL, not only plot things but also gameplay, like i dont want them to show me everything how the game plays to later find that i've already seen everything, Episode Duscae or Ubisoft (with some of their games) in general comes to my mind.
Thats more or less how i want them to handle it, i wish SE could pull the same that ATLUS does with PERSONA 5.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Don't ever talk about Duscae again. Don't spoil half of the plot and the ending again. Don't talk over and over again about the same thing.

Do release great trailers, in the vein of Versus XIII. Do release high quality artworks, renders, screenshots. Do show the final version of the game.

There. That's how you don't ruin the marketing.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
-Show more / different cities and landscapes.
-SHow more characters and a little of their background.
-THat's it simple and sweet

Since Gamescom 2015 marks the start of the promotional campaign for the real FFXV, the number of ATRs should drastically minimize or just have no ATRs at all. I say this because it's time for trailers, previews, demos and stage demos to do all the weight lifting because:
  1. The reception of viewers for the following above will be much greater compared to the reception of ATRs since the viewers consists of hardcore fans, determined fans, curious fans and "on the edge" fans.
Not really a criticism, but this confuses me. Hardcore and determined would be the ones watching ATRs. Trailers, stage demos and whatnot reach out to a broader audience.

Also, no opinion on marketing. I already know what I want with this game. The demo was adequate enough for me.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Just throwing in again that games typically release within six months of full promo, so after August's ATR, I'd like to see one in December, just to show progress of the final game (because by then it should pretty much be at the last stages of debugging) and the inevitable collector's edition, and one in March before the release, where they could discuss what they couldn't put in, potential DLC, etc.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Thats more or less how i want them to handle it, i wish SE could pull the same that ATLUS does with PERSONA 5.
Oh god please no, that's absolutely destructive marketing. Hiding new trailers behind paywalls and not even uploading them to the official chanels is just awful. Square did this for a long time and I'm glad that they finally know better.

@topic
I don't have particular wishes except for way less spoilery trailers and that I want to learn more about the characters and see "some" new locations/set pieces.

zenobia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 13, 2015
For me i would like no spoilers in any way their can be for Final Fantasy xv what i mean be that is if showing this or this will spoil something in anyway then please don't show it a trailer per gaming event. and everything else will find out on my own once i have the game in my hands.

Last edited:

CRIMSON-XIII

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jun 9, 2015
i think the game will be out by february or march. 6 months after promotion begins at gamescon, gamescon footage. tgs, paris games week, ps experience along with FFVII:R, and jump festa the launch trailer for it 1-2 months later.

id say tuesday february 23rd, 2016.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Whatever they show in the new trailer at gamescom, at the very least i want to know the names of all the unnamed characters from the E32013 trailer.

CRIMSON-XIII

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jun 9, 2015
they have many Q&As that week, so theyll pry name and describe everyone. they hinted at a website re-work for gamescon too so they might put all the bios on that. im expecting new regions for gameplay, with new gameplay features no one thought about