Final Fantasy XV: Option to control other player characters???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Now that the patent is revealing that the game is to have a manual mode and not be auto only, one huge problem still remains for me. The fact that Tabata said Noctis is only directly controlled...

I haven't heard much on this and if it was mistranslated. But if so that you can only be Noctis that would really be a bummer (and I thought no females was a shame). But I can't even accept this... I think. Has there been any update that re-track what Tabata said in that interview and correctly says what he meant? Or perhaps some other info that goes against (that isn't from the versus or Nomura days) it that shows the others can be controlled in changed? What are your thoughts on this matter, would you be disappointed in Noctis is only playable or might you be happy? I wanna know everyone thoughts and speculation about this, since I can't find it elsewhere. ^^;;

Also if your curious, here's the interview I am talking about.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/skyrim-is-the-sort-of-game-final-fantasy-xv-isnt/

Sep 26, 2013
Well... It wasn't mistranslated as that's exactly what the 4Gamer writer wrote in the article he published. You can only control Noctis. The article does not say anything about party switching though.

If this was a mistake or something Tabata did not mention is something we'll find out in due time.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Now that the patent is revealing that the game is to have a manual mode and not be auto only, one huge problem still remains for me. The fact that Tabata said Noctis is only directly controlled...

I haven't heard much on this and if it was mistranslated. But if so that you can only be Noctis that would really be a bummer (and I thought no females was a shame). But I can't even accept this... I think. Has there been any update that re-track what Tabata said in that interview and correctly says what he meant? Or perhaps some other info that goes against (that isn't from the versus or Nomura days) it that shows the others can be controlled in changed? What are your thoughts on this matter, would you be disappointed in Noctis is only playable or might you be happy? I wanna know everyone thoughts and speculation about this, since I can't find it elsewhere. ^^;;

Also if your curious, here's the interview I am talking about.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/skyrim-is-the-sort-of-game-final-fantasy-xv-isnt/
Personally, interviews are on a time schedule and there was a variety of question that he had to answer, so maybe his answers were a bit rushed? Always a possibility.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
The thing that bothers me most about this is that Prompto and Ignis was shown being playable and Nomura also stating that the others could be controlled during the day's it was Versus XIII. I believe he said it once soon after E3 2013 as well.

Sep 26, 2013
The thing that bothers me most about this is that Prompto and Ignis was shown being playable and Nomura also stating that the others could be controlled during the day's it was Versus XIII. I believe he said it once soon after E3 2013 as well.
Well... Things change! With Tabata in charge now, who knows what has been changed, cut or added! :\

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Unknown yet. Only known that you can control Noctis as of now, but nothing specifying that there's no party switching.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Unknown yet. Only known that you can control Noctis as of now, but nothing specifying that there's no party switching.
Yeah, at this point in time, we can only can control Noctis. Later he may say " You can now control Ignis and Prompto now!" The game is still a yearish away from releasing. I feel like the interview with him was more of a "Progress report".

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
I think at this point it's a waste to assume anything because it was shown to us years ago when the game was known as "Versus XIII". Years have passed since then.
I don't really care if Noctis is the only playable character in the game as long as the gameplay is really fun, engaging & entertaining. And as such i don't want any restrictions when i control Noctis.
Also I'd like to see people not buying the game just because "I can't control other party characters in the game" or "There's no playable female character" lol

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I think at this point it's a waste to assume anything because it was shown to us years ago when the game was known as "Versus XIII". Years have passed since then.
I don't really care if Noctis is the only playable character in the game as long as the gameplay is really fun, engaging & entertaining. And as such i don't want any restrictions when i control Noctis.
Also I'd like to see people not buying the game just because "I can't control other party characters in the game" or "There's no playable female character" lol
LOL Well I hope you aren't referring to me because I've always said I will buy the game and give it a chance. I don't expect you to follow me on every site I write on and facebook, but I'm just saying. :)

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
LOL Well I hope you aren't referring to me because I've always said I will buy the game and give it a chance. I don't expect you to follow me on every site I write on and facebook, but I'm just saying. :)
No i don't mean you, you should see all those rants i see on twitter everyday. The hate shown on twitter is something else haha. But those poor chaps will still go and buy the game and their excuse being "To criticize the game after playing it".
Your post here is a complaint and is understandable because they have shown the same years ago in Vs XIII, anyone would assume the same on logical grounds.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
No i don't mean you, you should see all those rants i see on twitter everyday. The hate shown on twitter is something else haha. But those poor chaps will still go and buy the game and their excuse being "To criticize the game after playing it".
Your post here is a complaint and is understandable because they have shown the same years ago in Vs XIII, anyone would assume the same on logical grounds.
Yea, I know some people live to criticize things. I seen a guy compare the graphics to a Wii U game and said it looks like Xenoblade Chronicles X, it's not even up to opinion to believe something like that. It would be like saying FFIX graphics are on par with FFX.

I was pretty upset about the one button thing, but after seeing the patent I'm good again. I'm not dissing it because I want to hate it (Unlike some people). I just really want to play as other characters, and to this day would love to have a female be playable. I'm still going to buy and try the game, that's for sure! And I most likely will love it.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
Yea, I know some people live to criticize things. I seen a guy compare the graphics to a Wii U game and said it looks like Xenoblade Chronicles X, it's not even up to opinion to believe something like that. It would be like saying FFIX graphics are on par with FFX.
People certainly forget to use their brains. It's really annoying. It's clear stupidity. More than that, i think people are running out of patience hence such comments on the game. I usually talk shit when i stand in the heat for too long xP

I'll still buy the game but those two things are not something I'll be looking forward to and happy about.
Haha i thought you'd say that. But i don't really see the latter as a complaint though, it's not a trend that there are no female playable characters in the Final Fantasy numbered series. *Points at FFXIII* But on a serious note, why are you so happy about not controlling the other playable characters. Got a bone to pick with them? XD

Sep 26, 2013
Haha i thought you'd say that. But i don't really see the latter as a complaint though, it's not a trend that there are no female playable characters in the Final Fantasy numbered series. *Points at FFXIII*
I like variety. It's something I find appealing.

But on a serious note, why are you so happy about not controlling the other playable characters. Got a bone to pick with them? XD
I don't think I said I was happy about that... To clarify, I want to be able to control everyone in the party. I want party switching.

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
I'm still not totally clear why party control is a deal-breaker. Are people afraid of another gambits-type system?