Final Fantasy XV: Platinum Demo Impressions and Thoughts

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014
And yeah, I had totally forgotten about the two different gameplay modes. It's weird they didn't talk about it. I hope the one we played is not the more action-y one, but I actually think that that's the one, haha. Which is alright, there's still time to correct the little things that don't truly wotk.
I noticed that in the demo whenever you hold O, you'll run towards an enemy automatically (no need to touch the analog stick even) and start attacking once you get in range. So maybe the difference between the two modes is that in the more "action-y" one you just attack where you stand and the game doesn't move Noct towards the enemies for you...? Although it's worth mentioning that you attack where you stand whenever you mash the button, so maybe the "two modes" they discussed are actually just the hold/mash duality.

Ideally I'd want a mode where 1 button press = 1 strike, cause even when you mash the button it doesn't really feel 1:1. But oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see. I also hope they let you have two weapon decks at once somehow (other games do this), cause otherwise I may find myself opening the menu a lot. *horrific flashbacks to the Game Boy Zelda games*

BTW, didn't they say in an ATR that we'll eventually get another one, with the whole party? I mean, I'd obviously love it, but don't really need. It's just that many people seem to think that this is how the game is going to be like, so I understand if they release the Overture demo to sell the game to the casual audience.
Looks like there won't be another demo.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'll quote my impressions from the site:

I loved the demo, first because it was cool to see Noctis as a child with Carbuncle, giving you a different perspective; second the music was truly engaging, I wasn't really finding the OST special during Duscae days, but that changed with the new trailers and this demo.

but then I got to the final battle, in that well known area, with that well known track, change to night weather, fought the giant with all that fast movements and crystals flowing, warped to the highest point of the palace like in the old trailers with all the modern buildings around... I felt I was truly playing Versus XIII. That was my favorite part, as a fan waiting since 2006.

(I hope we can explore Imsomnia).