Final Fantasy XV - Summons & Nations

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Speaking of Summons and Nations, what if they have more than 1 guardian summon ?. Here is my guess:
Niflheim: Shiva. I dont see how Bahamut fits with the snow and cold theme of the nordic Niflheim.
Solheim: either Ifrit or Phoenix.
Tenebrae: Fenrir, Odin or other Dark theme summon.
Lucis: Doomtrain?, Zalera
Altissi: Alexander

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Someone made this image a year ago, I think it could be pretty accurate:

Bahamut, Fenrir and Leviathan are pretty much confirmed summons at this point. As for lucis, doomtrain seems also plausible ( and would be so cool ^^) and than we have this guy with a symbol on his arm which seems very likely to be Ifrit.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Where would Bahamut be then? I don't know much of the backstory for the regions and lands in the game yet.
Kinda difficult to know something that hasn't been covered all that much. Nomura and Tabata alike have been very secretive and vague on the plot details of Final Fantasy XV.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Speaking of Summons and Nations, what if they have more than 1 guardian summon ?. Here is my guess:
Niflheim: Shiva. I dont see how Bahamut fits with the snow and cold theme of the nordic Niflheim.
Where would Bahamut be then? I don't know much of the backstory for the regions and lands in the game yet.
Bahamut goes to tenebrae

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
It was never even oficially suggested that Nifleheim is cold and snowy, but a guy from there is wearing Bahamut emblem on his clothes, sooooo...

As for lucis, doomtrain seems also plausible ( and would be so cool ^^)
I'm pretty sure Lucis' summon is either Hades (from FF7) or it's some new creature. It would sure be fun to summon Doomtrain and just run over all those Nifleheim motherfuckers, but I doubt Nomura would put it in a game that's supposed to be so dark and serious.

Speaking of the blonde haired hooded guy, could it be possible that he's stella's brother ?
omg they're not twins, they're TRIPLETS :cactuar:

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
As for lucis, doomtrain seems also plausible ( and would be so cool ^^)
Doomtrain would be crazy, and I'm not sure how Nomura would handle it. I wouldn't mind Diablos either.

There are various summons in the game, from small low ranked ones to large high ranked ones like Leviathan. So, it'll likely be that the nations have their main guardian summon, and then there are lower ranked summons spread out within the nations. So, if Altissia is one of the areas within these nations, it could house the like of Shiva or some other summon.

Bahamut is Niflheim.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
I bet its not summons Noctis will use but Summons to fight against. As if the summons are the Guardians of the royal families of the major kingdoms in Final Fantasy XV.
Considering the size of the Leviathan, I can only imagine a boss fight being so badass like Shadow of the Colossus except a little more original.

The other summons that are not part of the kingdoms nor the royal families could be secret boss battles maybe. SO MANY THINGS TO DO!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Tenebrae or Niflheim for Bahamut??

I'll dig up some information once there is information to dig through of course.
It's definitely going to be Niflheim out of those two. Tenebrae is about "shadows" and "darkness", Bahamut doesn't hide in the Shadows, he's a Dragon God, it makes sense for him to be the guardian of Niflheim.

Nov 17, 2014
DEATH is ETRO

If the summons of each nation (Ifrit, Fenrir, Bahamut, Leviathan) in FFXV are referred to as a 'god', then that would make absolute sense.
Since the games in the Fabulla Nova Crystallis have the same mythos, then Etro, in FFXV, is also represented as the god (or in her case, goddess) of death and chaos.

Last edited: