Final Fantasy XV trailers - Now In 60fps

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Arcana

Yevonite
Sep 28, 2013
(Note that these are just edited versions of the 30fps trailers. The full game will most definitely not be 60fps.)

TGS 2014 Trailer (60fps) -

TGS 2014 Gameplay (60fps) -

Extended Gameplay (60fps) -

Walkthrough/Exploration (60fps) -

Tech Demo 1 (60fps) -

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
As I said before, I'd be really surprised if this game ends up being 1080p 60fps, because so far it doesn't seem like it's either.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's still very possible the game can run at 60 FPS, but we'll have to wait and see. MGSV will run at 1080p 60 FPS on PS4, and that game is very impressive in graphics, so it is not impossible.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I dont see the difference between 30fps and 60 fps.
Make sure you select the "Settings" gear and chose an HD resolution that says 60 FPS to ensure you can even view 60 FPS first.

If you already did this, know that there is a difference, not everyone may notice it, however this IS NOT true 60 FPS, but instead interpolated, which means that the movie was "rendered" in a way with more frames, essentially frames were created in-between existing frames to give the illusion of more detail in the video.

I recommend looking up "motion interpolation" for more information on the subject.

Regardless, the difference is very subtle in this case, and is hard to really notice, due to the nature of how motion interpolation works. Try looking at combat scenes to get the fullest effect of this FPS "increase". Instead, I would recommend you actually look at real comparisons between 30 FPS and 60 FPS games and imagine how it would look for this game, as motion interpolation is NOT real 60 FPS.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I couldn´t make the comparison between the videos in youtube because either my internet conection was slow or the vídeo glitched when i went back/forward to see the diferences side by side. So in went to this links:

http://30vs60.com/

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

While in theory 60fps is smoother than 30fps, the difference is like looking between 2 eiffel towers which one is 10cm taller. Of course going below 24/25fps in comparison to 60fps there´s a noticeable diference but the difference between 25fps-59fps and 60fps is at most very little, and possibly while immersive in the game you wont notice or care (unless theres a suddent drop to like 10-15fps).

Off topic, since when FPS became a deal breaker ?. Discalimer: i am not pointing at someone.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I've never been one of these people obsessed about graphics in video games who buy high-end gaming PCs to run everything on the highest possible setting and count every single pixel. But still I believe 1080p and 60 fps should be a standard on current generation of consoles.

Meanwhile, I got this glorious pic of Noctis checking Stella's "behind".
This has to become a meme

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I couldn´t make the comparison between the videos in youtube because either my internet conection was slow or the vídeo glitched when i went back/forward to see the diferences side by side. So in went to this links:

http://30vs60.com/

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

While in theory 60fps is smoother than 30fps, the difference is like looking between 2 eiffel towers which one is 10cm taller. Of course going below 24/25fps in comparison to 60fps there´s a noticeable diference but the difference between 25fps-59fps and 60fps is at most very little, and possibly while immersive in the game you wont notice or care (unless theres a suddent drop to like 10-15fps).

Off topic, since when FPS became a deal breaker ?. Discalimer: i am not pointing at someone.
FPS is a deal breaker for people who care too much about appearance over game play itself. However, I will always take 60 FPS over 30 FPS and would like to see more games running at 60 FPS as I see major difference when personally playing.

In an action game 60 FPS is more desirable, since lots of things are happening at once, that is when people may consider it a deal breaker, but it's an exaggeration to say it is not playable at lower framerate.

Considering what Tabata said about working with Sony and Microsoft to push this game to the max for both consoles, this means to me that 1080p 60 FPS is very likely.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
60 fps is highly noticeable in a direct comparison. The Last of us remastered for example, play that game for about 20 min. with the standard ~60fps and after that activate the 30fps cap. It feels so much worse and I'm pretty sure everyone will notice it but if you don't have the direct comparison 30fps feels fine in the most cases (to the most people).

I immediately notice a game that runs with 60fps and I'd prefer to see every game running at that framerate but i'm also ok with a 30fps game if the developers can thereby achieve a overall much better looking and running game. Aliasing, pop ups, texture quality, lighting, and all kind of glitches/bugs ...etc. are all things that should be optimized before trying to achieve a 60fps but that's just my opinion.

That said I'm absolutely sure that Final Fantasy XV won't run at 60 fps on consoles ( just look at that graphical fidelity and those crazy animations). I'm hoping for a steady 30fps at 1080p. And if they can't achieve that resolution without having lots of pop ups and aliasing they should definitely lower it instead of making it 1080p just to please that "1080p crowd".

Last edited: