Frozen in KH III: Would you accept it???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Frozen in Kingdom Hearts III

• YES!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Would like to see Frozen in KHIII, or would you loath that idea? Either way I'm sure it's most likely to occur. Which is good because I Love Frozen. But some people are tired of the name.

Well be honest, how would you feel???

XvoltaireX

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 28, 2014
Crap. I used to think yes, but then i started to rethink. What do i actually like about frozen? I mean, sure, its world can fit into KH, but would i have any fun there? This same thing happened to me.with pirates of the Caribbean. I loved the movie, but the world in KH was so boring to me. I guess this is one i will have to see for myself, before i form an opinion.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm not really interested in Frozen at all, I'm not going to go into detail as to why because that's not really the place for it, but I wouldn't mind if it was in KH at all.

I wouldn't mind it, but I don't particularly want one either. I enjoyed Frozen as a film. I appreciate the sort of comeback Disney has made in animated films during the past few years with The Princess and the Frog, Tangled and now Frozen. But while those movies were fun to watch, I don't consider them to be of quite of the same caliber as stuff like The Lion King or Lilo and Stitch. And there are a lot of other Disney properties that haven't been explored by Kingdom Hearts yet that deserve their own world a lot more than Frozen, in my opinion, such as Treasure Planet. But yeah, I agree that it's very likely a Frozen world will come to be and I'm fine with that.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Don't people only hate Frozen because of the popularity? Frozen would do a lot for KH3.
Sometimes it really seems that way. Many people hate things without forming their own opinion.

I see FFVII get hate for being popular. Then I see FXIII get hate from a big name saying they don't like it.Then I ask and most of these people have not either played of finished the game. It's annoying lol. Though I am sure many people have legit reason too. :)

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
It's because FFXIII did not meet the expectations of fans of the franchise. It wasn't by no means a bad game. It's good but it's wasn't how an Final Fantasy game is supposed to be. Thus the immediate hateful opinions on it's linearity and such based off their experiences, walkthrough videos or impressions from their friends & such. The game like pulled out key gameplay elements of what FF games were supposed to have. You probably know by now.

I played it from start to finish.
Oh yes, I already know the complaints and I played the game from start to finish myself. As I mention there are many people with legit reasons for disliking FFXIII, Frozen, Etc. But then there are many who have not even played the game or thoroughly to decide if the the things they mention are a problem. I know a couple of them personally.

Final Fantasy XIII met my expectations for what it was and for FF, it was lovely experience for me. :)

Oh yes, I already know the complaints and I played the game from start to finish myself. As I mention there are many people with legit reasons for disliking FFXIII, Frozen, Etc. But then there are many who have not even played the game or thoroughly to decide if the the things they mention are a problem. I know a couple of them personally.

Final Fantasy XIII met my expectations for what it was and for FF, it was lovely experience for me. :)
I liked FFXIII. Easily one of my favourites, with a Platinum trophy to match.

It's because FFXIII did not meet the expectations of fans of the franchise. It wasn't by no means a bad game. It's good but it's wasn't how an Final Fantasy game is supposed to be. Thus the immediate hateful opinions on it's linearity and such based off their experiences, walkthrough videos or impressions from their friends & such. The game like pulled out key gameplay elements of what FF games were supposed to have. You probably know by now.

I played it from start to finish.
I don't agree with the sentiment from a lot of Final Fantasy fans that there's this particular way the games are "supposed" to be and any deviation from that is unacceptable. Part of the beauty of the series is how different they can get from each other yet still retain the spirit of the franchise. It just causes so much division within the fan base. You have these sort of "purists" who claim that there hasn't been a good FF since IX or even VI and refuse to try anything new, and usually those are the same people saying XV is an abomination because it's action-oriented instead of following the traditional turn-based format. Really I think the people in this mind frame are missing out. I would even say that making these kinds of drastic changes to the formula are a very important aspect of the series. Just think, if Final Fantasy had remained as consistent as some other franchises out there, we wouldn't have seen ATB or the Materia system or even entire installments like the much-beloved Tactics and XI/XIV.

Anyway, went on a bit of a tangent there. Personally I don't like FFXIII (I almost finished it; got up to Orphan, died a lot, went "Screw it" and watching the ending on YouTube), but I can appreciate the fact that Square Enix tried something different. The game clearly had ambition and a lot of interesting concepts. They just weren't developed well enough, in my opinion. I didn't like how choppy the storyline was because of the characters being spread out for the majority of the game; it takes such a long time to have access to the full party. Similarly, I thought most of the characters were interesting, but we don't get to know them very well. And while I don't mind linearity at all (my favourite FF is X, for goodness' sake), a lot of the environments weren't very visually appealing or interesting to traverse, so it does add to the game's list of issues. Ultimately though, it's the battle system that makes me unwilling to try it again. It was neither involving nor tactical enough for me to have any real fun with it and proved to be the final nail in the coffin for me.