Galleria Fleur

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
ஜ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ஜ

ஜ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ஜ

*Galleria Fleur in progress*

Art had been a personal passion of mine since the day I realised at the age of six that I was distinctively more adept to handling a pencil than my classroom peers, and noticeably more visually creative than most.

Ever since, sketching has become a little hobby of mine, most commonly with doodles during bouts of procrastination, and sometimes when I sought to more seriously sit down with pencil and sketch paper to see what I could really do.

Unfortunately, in recent years, this passion has waned, and given the vast accumulates of things to do and think about in my recent life, sketching has become something I rarely do these days. I have re-discovered my old Imgur gallery, and it's served as a potent reminder of what I've been missing, so hopefully one day, I'll rekindle that passion for amateur sketching.

Until then, here is a showcase from the Imgur/Tinypic/Photobucket archives~

---۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩---

▼Earliest to most recent▲

My first real go at drawing a character, and I rolled with Serah first for some reason. Couldn't get it right though. She looks oddly nervous.

----------

HERO, thingy! Okay, Snow's face is bizarre, I know. I did laugh when I saw it for the first time after all these years. Please ignore the guns. I couldn't draw guns. I didn't even know what a gun was supposed to look like. =(

----------

This one wasn't finished, as you can probably tell. And holy crap, his face. There's a recurring problem of mine. Faces!

----------

Ohai there, Claire Redfield! I'm happier with this one, even if perspective is a bit...not quite there.

----------

My first RP was actually a re-imagining of FFXIII. Suffice to say, it didn't go too far, but this was my first attempt at an RP character.

----------

Camera quality D=
Gemma Clancy is another RP character and...not much to say. She looks like you just made a terrible sexist joke at her or something.

----------

Lucie was from the same RP as Gemma above. Faces are the bane of my existence.

----------

Here's a doodle. By the way, I ship Snow and Dysley. C'mon, Snow was trying to hit (on) him a few times!

----------

Poor Sazh isn't very amused.

----------

I did caricatures as well! This person is a friend of mine on Final Fantasy Forums and he's Scottish. He loves Irn Bru. He loves playing Call of Duty: Black Ops, and makes fun of me for not playing Call of Duty. Technically, I haven't asked him for his permission to host this on another forum, so shhhhhh...

----------

Freya, the Wind Witch from an RP I did a while ago that was essentially Puella Magi Madoka Magica but set in London.

----------

Also from the above RP. Meet Eva, the Frost Witch, who would later go on to become primary antagonist of the second arc of the RP...only the RP was cancelled when the creator descended into temporary depression. =(
I also have a particular fondness for Lumina from Lightning Returns because she's almost like what I envisioned Eva to be.

----------

What do you get if you rip off Darth Vader and Knights of the Old Republic's Darth Malak? These two!

----------

No one has ever thought of a serrated lightsaber before, I don't think...

---------

Sketch of a friend. Ended up making her look a bit too kawaii than she is in real life, haha.

---------

This was from a (short-lived) Digimon RP. I may have taken a few cues from Steins;Gate's Kurisu Makise here...

----------

Not a sketch, I know. I took my new iPad Mini for a spin last year and I decided to draw the manliest priest you have ever seen.

---------

Here's a random Dragonzord signature I put together in a few minutes on Photoshop because someone wanted one!

ஜ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ஜ​

I haven't been actively drawing lately, but two friends insisted that I draw a piece of the the two of them sitting together, as based on an actual photo. I had some spare time over the course of a few days and sat down to do it, and this was my second attempt at it, after a rather disastrous, rusty first attempt.

Broke one of the major maxims of sketching by only having an HB pencil on me, so I could only have done so much with the clumsy shading.

Full resolution

Full resolution

Full resolution

Still not happy with her face, but I'm terrified that if I tweak it any further, I'll simply ruin it. At the moment, she at least sort of looks human...even if she looks a bit older than she is. Guy looks like some evil swamp creature with the eyes though.

Anywho, <3 to them. Awesome people.

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
Wow, Fleur, you've gotten really good! I see what you mean about your friend's face, but now that you've got them scanned, there's no reason you can't tweak the original a little bit if you want. I think it's something about the smile... it looks unnatural. But maybe that's just how she smiles :p jk