Introductions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Somnia

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 20, 2014
Springfield
www.novacrystallis.com
Hey everyone! I am Somnia, real name is Bryan. I'm 32 years old and have been playing games since before I can remember. The first RPG I can remember playing is Dragon Quest (or Warrior at the time) on the NES. Ever since it has been my favorite genre by far though lately I have fallen off the bandwagon a bit as I haven't had as much time to play.

Currently playing through Dragon Age: Inquisition despite my dislike for the combat and how it feels very very linear.
I've seen some other's listing their top games so I'll list my top 3 rpgs:
1) Final Fantasy VI
2) Final Fantasy VII
3) Dark Cloud 2

Looking forward to talking and interacting with everyone!

Oct 8, 2014
Hi Everybody! 23 yr old here, from Arkansas. Real name is Devin, but plz call me Hannibal ;). Found this site around the time of TGS because i was so excited about XV and just needed to talk about it.

My first FF was IX. It was March 2001, i was 9 yrs old and off from school for 2 weeks for spring break. I was spending those two weeks with my Grandma.... :bawling:
Now don't get me wrong, I loved my Nina but spending my spring break at her house, w/ no other kids, sounded all kinds boring. Little did i know that I was about to have the single greatest solo gaming experience of my life.

I don't remember anything before the playstation logo appearing on the TV screen. My Nina turned the game on for me, and just let me play. And play I did. 10 DAYS STRAIGHT! Man, what a gripping adventure! I loved every character, every piece of music, the setting, ALL OF IT! No game has ever came close to matching it, save for Legend of Dragoon(thanks again, Nina!). Even after 10 full days i wasn't finished. Was only on disc4, but had to go home :(. When I returned for a few days in the summer, i found that my aunt had deleted my save by accident :mad:. But my awesome Grandma let me take the game home with me.... what an angel my Nina is :angelic:.

I've played every FF except I,II, and IV. I've completed every one i've played except V, VI, X-2, XIII, and xiii-LR. currently replaying VI on emulator.

Thank you so much, Nina, for being so god damn awesome. Can't wait to buy you a WiiU and the new Zelda

Any questions about me or my awesome Nina? I would be happy to answer...

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Hi Everybody! 23 yr old here, from Arkansas. Real name is Devin, but plz call me Hannibal ;). Found this site around the time of TGS because i was so excited about XV and just needed to talk about it.

My first FF was IX. It was March 2001, i was 9 yrs old and off from school for 2 weeks for spring break. I was spending those two weeks with my Grandma.... :bawling:
Now don't get me wrong, I loved my Nina but spending my spring break at her house, w/ no other kids, sounded all kinds boring. Little did i know that I was about to have the single greatest solo gaming experience of my life.

I don't remember anything before the playstation logo appearing on the TV screen. My Nina turned the game on for me, and just let me play. And play I did. 10 DAYS STRAIGHT! Man, what a gripping adventure! I loved every character, every piece of music, the setting, ALL OF IT! No game has ever came close to matching it, save for Legend of Dragoon(thanks again, Nina!). Even after 10 full days i wasn't finished. Was only on disc4, but had to go home :(. When I returned for a few days in the summer, i found that my aunt had deleted my save by accident :mad:. But my awesome Grandma let me take the game home with me.... what an angel my Nina is :angelic:.

I've played every FF except I,II, and IV. I've completed every one i've played except V, VI, X-2, XIII, and xiii-LR. currently replaying VI on emulator.

Thank you so much, Nina, for being so god damn awesome. Can't wait to buy you a WiiU and the new Zelda

Any questions about me or my awesome Nina? I would be happy to answer...
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Hold on a minute! Your Grandma plays video games!?!? Well that's... FREAKING AWESOME!!

Welcome to the forums! Have a good time. :)

Oct 8, 2014
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Hold on a minute! Your Grandma plays video games!?!? Well that's... FREAKING AWESOME!!

Welcome to the forums! Have a good time. :)
She's the true O.G :D
And thank you! glad I found this place.

How old is Nina? If you don't want to reveal it, can I at least ask if she's above 60 of age?
Yes, she is in her 60's. She also gave me Chrono Cross! 3rd favorite jrpg behind IX and LOD. All of which were gifts from my Nina. Also gave me Threads of Fate and Dark Cloud 1&2. This is after she beat them, of coarse. She plays KindomHearts, loves Mario 64, but her all time fav is Zelda!

Seriously, i'm written a letter to Pope Francis demanding she be canonized as a saint.

Nov 17, 2014
Yes, she is in her 60's. She also gave me Chrono Cross! 3rd favorite jrpg behind IX and LOD. All of which were gifts from my Nina. Also gave me Threads of Fate and Dark Cloud 1&2. This is after she beat them, of coarse. She plays KindomHearts, loves Mario 64, but her all time fav is Zelda!
Can I also ask what's the first video game she played? Ultima? D&D? I'm guessing she was a hardcore RPG player back in the days.

Oct 8, 2014
Can I also ask what's the first video game she played? Ultima? D&D? I'm guessing she was a hardcore RPG player back in the days.
Not sure what her first game was, but i'll ask. She's been gaming since the arcade days tho. definitely no D&D.
"Back in the days".... lol She still gaming. Takes her DS to work. She says shes gonna play a lot more after she retires. Nina is definitely and old school FF fan tho, she tell you it all went downhill with X(which was a real bummer b/c she bought X day 1). I think FF Tactics is her favorite of the series, actually.

Aeonix Kun

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 4, 2015
Brunei
Hi All, Im AeonixG, well most of my ign in gaming community is this nickname. Played a lot of games so consider it to be my main hobby?
I'll just keep it simple and all, the reason why i join is because am very interested in Final Fantasy XV, think that's the only reason that I might consider to get a PS4..oh and Kingdom Heart 3 though I didn't quite finish the previous entries >_<. Currently playing Final Fantasy Type-0 in PSP, am loving it so far and wish to know more about it's universe.

P.S. I like Hatsune Miku so to dedicate that I like FF too, I quick draw Hatsune Miku x Moogle avatar ^-^

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Hi All, Im AeonixG, well most of my ign in gaming community is this nickname. Played a lot of games so consider it to be my main hobby?
I'll just keep it simple and all, the reason why i join is because am very interested in Final Fantasy XV, think that's the only reason that I might consider to get a PS4..oh and Kingdom Heart 3 though I didn't quite finish the previous entries >_<. Currently playing Final Fantasy Type-0 in PSP, am loving it so far and wish to know more about it's universe.

P.S. I like Hatsune Miku so to dedicate that I like FF too, I quick draw Hatsune Miku x Moogle avatar ^-^
Welcome to the forums! Wow you drew your avatar that is so epic! ^_^

VTBM

Lurker
UFFSite Veteran
Hello, I'm Joey! I originally joined back in 2001 (2002?) when the site was called "Unofficial Final Fantasy 9 Site" under the name ViviTheBalckMage. Yes, with the typo and all. I used it for a couple of days before correcting it to ViviTheBlackMage. It was my first time joining a message board and always logged in after coming home from middle school. They eventually upgraded the Ikonboard to vBulletin and so I decided to re-joined as VTBM. The last time I visited the board was probably in 2010.
Since joining, I have used the name VTBM wherever I can, such as GameFAQs which has basically become my internet home.

I first discovered Final Fantasy in 1999 when my dad borrowed Final Fantasy VIII from the video store. I then moved on to IX, VII, and Tactics. Then I got a PS2 and bought X, Kingdom Hearts, X-2 and XII. I bought Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360 and loved it. It really reminded me of the PS1 era and wished that it at least had a sequel. I have never touched XI or XIII and don't plan to and recently joined XIV: ARR with the 2 week trial. I have been waiting for XV ever since it's announcement in 2006 and can totally wait another 10 years for it's release.

Who wants to be my friend?! :D