Introductions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Frei

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Hi friends. I've been around on UFF since 2002 I think? so I recognise a lot of faces in here. If I still had my old avatars I'd definitely use them but frankly I don't even remember what they are. I'm 24 and from the east of England, though spending most of my time in Surrey now.

Still a gamer, though mostly on portables these days. The Ace Attorney series is my favourite series overall, but Fallout New Vegas is probably my favourite game ever. Currently playing Animal Crossing. Anyone wanna come and visit me in Cleyra, shout me :)

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
Hey everyone. I found my way to UFF back in 2002 and since then I've I joined many other forums but rather enjoy Final Fantasy communities. Nowadays I basically go by soup or man, souporman, or sssouporman but I have a few really old usernames floating around, too.

I'm a 27 year old nursing student living in Winston-Salem, NC. I've been playing videogames since I could hold a controller. My favorite genres are RPGs, fighting games and action-adventure, but I actually play some of just about everything. A few of my beloved franchises are: Final Fantasy, Ys, Resident Evil, Breath of Fire, Suikoden, Street Fighter, Silent Hill, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Panzer Dragoon, King of Fighters, Marvel Vs Capcom, Legend of Zelda and Castlevania... among many others.

I'm glad to see this community here and I hope I'm able to be a valuable member!

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
Heya! I'm a senior in high school in a very small town in the middle of rural Minnesota. I don't have a fascinating background with games, and despite my very large collection of consoles I have relatively few games. My favorites have to be the original KH1, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2. Although the Final Fantasy XIII games have to take the top spot. (Long story short if you do not know my love for XIII you do not know me - at all.)

I like to do a lot of things: write, draw, play piano, learn japanese, however I'm a very lazy person and nothing ever really gets done. I do have a lot of open projects and they mostly stay in my head or the basics on a notebook. Given that, I'm not a very smart or ambitious person, however I'll try my best to keep up with you all.

You look all pretty nice so far, so I'll try my best to stick around and post a bit, yah?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Hi, I'm not about to disclose my identity here, but I can say I live in Venezuela, I like Shooters, RPGs and Stealth games.

I don't have a large library of games because my country's economy sucks and it's hard to get games. I envy you. Hope you are well.

RyoonZ

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
Indonesia
Hi, I'm known as RyoonZ in various places, please pardon my bad English. I probably won't post a lot since my English wasn't exactly good, I prefer reading people's thought on things. I've been gaming since I can remember but gotten into RPG genre when I was sitting at primary school. PS1 was the most popular console back then, my schoolmate introduced me a game called Legend of Legaia, I like it a lot but didn't beat it until I was sitting in junior high school. Since then I read local game magazine for news and I really gotten into RPG genre playing games like Breath of Fire 4, Tales of Destiny, etc. But it wasn't until I played Suikoden that I became a huge RPG lover, Suikoden is something very special especially Suikoden II.

Suikoden is my all time favorite RPG series. The storyline was very good, the music invokes a lot of emotion everytime I listened to the opening of Suikoden II or Reminiscence I'll always get goosebump. It also boasts 108 recruitable characters each with their own character design and beautifully drawn sprite. It's funny though when I saw Suikoden II in store I thought it was a Monkey God game because of the main character headgear, lol.

Masqurin

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 27, 2013
Hi, I'm known as RyoonZ in various places, please pardon my bad English. I probably won't post a lot since my English wasn't exactly good, I prefer reading people's thought on things. I've been gaming since I can remember but gotten into RPG genre when I was sitting at primary school. PS1 was the most popular console back then, my schoolmate introduced me a game called Legend of Legaia, I like it a lot but didn't beat it until I was sitting in junior high school. Since then I read local game magazine for news and I really gotten into RPG genre playing games like Breath of Fire 4, Tales of Destiny, etc. But it wasn't until I played Suikoden that I became a huge RPG lover, Suikoden is something very special especially Suikoden II.

Suikoden is my all time favorite RPG series. The storyline was very good, the music invokes a lot of emotion everytime I listened to the opening of Suikoden II or Reminiscence I'll always get goosebump. It also boasts 108 recruitable characters each with their own character design and beautifully drawn sprite. It's funny though when I saw Suikoden II in store I thought it was a Monkey God game because of the main character headgear, lol.
Another Suikoden fan! <3 I get all emotional about Suikoden too. More than FF or any game (except Xenosaga III). Reminscence is one of the reasons I learned how to play the guitar hahaha! What's great about the Suikoden characters is that you take time to know them and recruit them and they all have some purpose. Even the littlest dialogues exude so much character.

Phoenix

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
Well, I'm Phoenix, from Phoenix, AZ (don't judge me, I made up this name when I was 8 or so), and real names Geoff for those who don't know. I joined UFF9, as it was back then, in 2002ish and was pretty active when the forum was in its heyday. Nowadays I'm 24, just graduated with my Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering last December and am working full time on spacecraft components which sadly doesn't leave me a lot of time to game. Recently married, as well. Lately I've been playing snippets of nostalgic games for fun, as I have a pretty large steam library I've never gotten around to beating/replaying. Just recently built a new gaming computer for the purpose, as I've finally had the money to do it though the lack of time has been a bit of a bummer. Other than PC I have an xbox 360, used to own an original xbox as well as an original playstation. Had an N64 for a year or so, and grew up on Sega Genesis.

Looking forward right now to getting GTAV sometime and playing it, it looks excellent. And let's see, FF's played or beaten? VI, VII, VIII, IX, XII, XIII (though I hated XIII, only one I never beat), as well as the original Tactics. Other than RPGS I enjoy strategy and Civ-type games. Questions? Feel free to ask.

Wingly

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
Hello. I'm everyone's favorite old cynic. I'm the weird creepy uncle at family reunions where I sit in the corner sucking my gums and looking inappropriatly at family members. I've been around since forever, and now I'm here as well, as it turns out. Figure it'd be a good enough time as any to introduce myself. I enjoy Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Crusader Kings 2. I'm the best at driving over other puny little European feudal nations with a great big semi of an army. You may call me Sire. I have, however, never been excommunicated in real life.

That's about that. You may occasionally find me in the off topic bits of the board spouting crazy about obscure stuff. Deus Vult!

Beatrix the Goddess

Lurker
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
UK
Yo. I'm Alex. I started out in this world of video game websites many, many years ago aged about 9 or 10. Around age 11, I got involved with a new site called UFF9, which is now 13 years old
I really can't believe we've known each other since you were 11! Or at least known of. That is absolutely insane!

So yes..Hey everyone ^_^ Similar to Alex here, I've been around UFF9 since a young age - about 13 I think - and appear to be still here today. It's always been an absolute pleasure to be on the site and I've gotten to know a lot of wonderful people through it. Good to see the likes of Aeth, Frei & Phoenix still here :) And from reading this thread it looks like there are a lot of nice people from NC now joined up so looking forward to getting to know you all. My presence is can be quite sporadic because of, well, life, but I hope to still be around a bit.

A bit about me I suppose....I was introduced to Final Fantasy IX by a friend at about 12 years old and I must say it was a bit of a turning point in my life because it channelled my interests and the people I met. If I hadn't enountered it then, God forbid, I might have ended up being a normal person instead of a geek! Having said that my gaming interests are quite restricted - I tend to play a few games obsessively rather than lots, and again sadly time doesn't allow what with work & all. My favourite RPGs are Final Fantasies (particularly V, VIII, IX and X), Kingdom Hearts, Shadow Hearts, Legend of Dragoon, Grandia II, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata and Diablo II. I also have a nostalgic fondness for PS1 era platformers. For me the main draw of games is the story and the characters - my main favourites are reflected in my sigs - all my lady loves. I also quite like Squall and Tidus, but they got edged out ^_^. I'm also into various dramas (X Files, Dr Who, Fringe, Once Upon A Time & the like), reading (anything except chick lit), history, nature & generally anything that's beautiful and/or interesting.

In 'real' life I work in forensic psychology and I deliver treatment programmes to offenders. I can honestly say it's the best job in the world and my passion. I've always liked to help people and get to know them (something of which I got ample practice at here), so its good to do that for a living even though it's knackering most of the time.

Anyway, really glad to see the forums carrying on in some form and I guess I'll see everyone around.

By the way Sapientia - beautiful avatar you have there :)

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
Just noticed the thread! GG! I'm late again! :rolleyes: (Clears throat!)

Hi there! I'm Panos, 23 years old, male. Glad to meet you all in this wonderful forum! I'm a known fan of Nova Crystallis previously going by the name "Panos Dek", which I changed recently as most web and in-game pals know me by the name Leon Aether and I don't want to mess things up. You can call me Leon.

Some things for me... Well I'm from the beautiful island of Corfu in Greece and I currently live in Thessaloniki town where I study Food Science and Technology in the Aristotle University. This is my last semester.

My gaming experience started with a Game Boy in my early years and I really enjoy most RPGs since then. Then in 2000 when I still didn't have a console, I was in my cousin's home, who bought Final Fantasy IX and we played it on his PSone! It was a love at first sight! Such a great game with almost no flaws that really made me to complete it at least 26-27 times until today.

I bought my PS2 the first month it was released and my FF travel began, playing every single FF that was available, including spin-offs! I am fan of most handheld FFs, including III, IV and Tactics for DS. The only one I have played a little was Crisis Core which I never had the chance to complete.
On March 9, 2010 I was out of the store at 8.00 o' clock for one of my favorite games of all times, FFXIII which I completed it in two months doing everything I can, spending time watching the vast and astonishing areas of Gran Pulse. Hearing about a sequel were so damn exciting news for me and it was XIII-2 where I actually met my favorite villain in my FF travel going by the name Caius... So IX and the XIII saga are in my top list.

The Kingdom Hearts series are the games that make me feel that I'm that little boy as back then when I had so many "stupid" dreams and everything was like sunshine and rainbows! It's the game that preaches literally about friendship, kindness and innocence and that's the reason I am and always will be a huge fan of this series that opposes the sometimes harsh face of this world. I really await for KHIII and I purchased KH 1.5 which I hope to get into it on X-mas holidays due to lack of time.

Other non SE games that I really enjoy, are the Zelda series, some action games like God of War, The Darksiders, the Castlevania LoS saga, Prince of Persia and Tomb Rider.
I'm a constant player, since Dec 2012, of the online game League of Legends, going by the same name in EUNE region, promoted in Silver III division atm, and I never miss the LCS. That's the reason I haven't tried FFXIV... (Shame on me!!!)

That's a bit of me and my gaming experience and I wish to trade any ideas with anyone in this community. Glad to meet you all again...

Last edited:

Nikki-Cola

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 5, 2013
USA
twitter.com
Hellllllllo World!
My name is Nikki. I'm 20 and I live in the USA. It's so awesome that there's a forum now!
I've been going onto Nova Crystallis for over a year now to get my awesome SE news. Up until now I've only spoken to people through the comments section so this is a great way to really connect with everyone.

Where to staaaart.. well the first FF game I played was X not long after it came out around 11-12 years ago. After I played it, I honestly avoided RPG games. Not because I didn't like it, because I didn't want to be like my geeky brother. It's kind of funny that now I'm as geeky as he is. After Kingdom Hearts came out, I gave up and gave into RPGs and now they are almost all I play. Aren't they just fascinating? Well, I think they are, haha.

When I'm not wasting my life on a video game or on the internet usually I'm reading a book or writing. I also could be working on my voice demos. I want to be a voice actress someday. If I ever get to be a voice in an FF game, I'll remember everyone here! Hahaha :p
Music is also a big deal to me. I can play a few instruments and I sing. Muse is my favorite band, I've seen them twice live. Such an amazing band.

I really can't think of much else to say, lol. If you want to know more, message me! I'm here to make friends with people so I won't be mean, I promise! :D
It's great to be here, hope I speak to some of you soon!

Greetings~

Bear with me here. I've absolutely no history with UFF Site, RPG Site or Nova Crystallis. I am a veteran of Final Fantasy Forums, having moderated two of its sections, and working hard to update it with SE News, but there comes a time when you realise that your efforts can be better spent elsewhere, or just spared. Currently, that site is absolutely not what it once was about four to six years ago. Chances are, except for the few people I might recognise from my days casually lurking on NeoGAF, I will have no idea who any of you are. So it's just as well that there's an introductory thread here so I can announce my presence. So hello, denizens of Mognet Central! =D

I'm Olivia - but everyone prefers to just affectionately call me Livi - I'm 20, bordering on 21, and I'm from the UK. If you are American and you have been utterly driven to despair by your media's perpetual and obsessive coverage of the royal baby nonsense lately, I apologise on behalf of the country. I'm currently in my final year at university, reading History and Politics as a joint degree, and for some reason I'm quite torn as to what my career path should be. Do I go into teaching, or do I decide to pursue a path in Law? Come on, Livi, graduation is only this summer!

Okay, I'll confess. I discuss a lot more about video games than I do actually playing them. Picture yourself with a short interest span and few opportunities to actually properly play through most of your games. That's me, unfortunately. Fortunately, I have played through nearly every Final Fantasy title there is, sans the two online installments. I absolutely adore Final Fantasies 6 and 9 (though the latter is hard to play through again now, because of its speed...), and if you catch me running around the place singing the praises of Final Fantasy 12 as well, don't be surprised. I absolutely adore FFXII. You might want to also bear in mind that I am not a fan of the Lightning Saga whatsoever. Before you lynch me however, hear me out. I'm not here to drive-by troll the FFXIII threads. I'm not that sort of person; I would preferably rather articulate why I don't like the games so we can have reasonable discussions. That's what we're here for. Having said that, I am cautiously optimistic for Lightning Returns, because even if I have issues with it as a product, it could turn out to be a very decent game.

Outside of Final Fantasy, I adore a variety of RPGs from Mass Effect to Xenoblade, from Dragon Age to Disgaea. Turn your warning sirens on however, because I am a Tales, Suikoden, Shin Megami Tensei and Drakengard virgin. I hope to rectify some of this by purchasing Tales of Xillia soon. I lack a 3DS because I spend enough money in life as I do at the moment, but whenever someone finally decides to give the people of Europe SMT IV, I'll probably bite. Or maybe I can get an American 3DS, but I fear that will complicate things if I want to purchase digital DLC? I'm not 100% sure how it works. Despite my ambivalence towards the Grand Theft Auto games in general, I am very excited for GTA V, if I ever have the chance to play it. I think after games like Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row 2, it's piqued up that bit of open-worldness in me that was previously dormant? As it stands at the moment, The Last Of Us has been the most incredible and exhilarating gaming experience for me thus far this year.

Right, what else? I do aim to get into (good) anime. I've watched the occasional Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate, and I'm eager for a few recommendations to slowly wean me into the medium. My musical tastes and here and there. Some of my current favourites are Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding, The Script, Mumford and Sons, Laura Marling, R.E.M., Bastille, Muse, etc. In terms of extracurricular hobbies, I enjoy playing field hockey, dodgeball, chess and building houses of cards. I write for my university's student newspaper, as well as obsessively mull over the major political and current issues of the day, thinking of what to write about them. I've wrestled a bit with being a writer, but I've been nowhere near as successful as my friends have been. At most in recent times, I've done some roleplaying on Final Fantasy Forums. In my spare time, I do a lot of volunteering work such as primary school assistance, organising parties for the elderly and researching for the university's Law Society's scheme against the death penalty. I'm an ardent believer in getting out there, getting involved, and putting things in for the community around you.

Okay, this post is long enough. I'll spare you the pain of reading anymore. xD

See you around~

Livi.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Welcome everyone! Hope you settle in nicely here.

@Fleur You'll find there's a fair few Brits here! I'm one of them, and I know there's several others hanging around...! We could probably start a Brit discussion/hangout thread at this point, in fact...! Thank god the bloody baby excitement is over...

Denis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 6, 2013
Evening everyone

My name is Denis, I'm a fan of not only the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts franchises but most of the games that Square Enix makes. I have a website and community much like this one which I provided in the sig, I know most communities allow that and I'm hoping this one does too. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here since this place seems really cool.

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
Greetings, Mognet. Long-time UFF'er here, since '02 if memory serves correctly, and also a hardcore Final Fantasy fan. Glad to be here, Nova Crystallis is a great site and adding a forum was an excellent idea.

Favorite videogame genres:

RPGs
Fighters
Action-Adventure
Third-Person shooters
Platformers

But really some of everything overall.

See you all around the boards.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Hello everyone,

I've been posting a little bit the last few days, but thought I should come here to introduce myself anyway.

I'm a new member in the UFF world, although I started following the RPGSite and @Zack on Twitter last year (and witnessed his glorious final battle when he replayed FFVII.)

I've been a Final Fantasy since FFVI, though I actually was brought to the world of Squaresoft through another one of their fan favourite series, Secret of Mana mid 90's (which I'm upset that they have been almost abandoning the series). Compare to SoM, I actually didn't like FFVI all that much back then as I found it was a bit slower pace, not to mention my English wasn't that well back then and the story was a bit harder for me to understand compare to SoM. Still, I stuck with the game and that was how it all began. I went back and played FFI a couple of years later while playing VII and Tactics. I love the series, the lows and the highs. I'm not as "hardcore" compare to many fans, as I don't go back and replay the games that often, though compare to most I am a huge fan (I even played XI for 4 years and an alpha tester for XIV since 1.0).

The world of Square also have a very weird way in colliding with the rest of my interests. I've been a huge fan of Faye Wong since early 90's and it was magical when my two favourite things collaborated in Eyes on Me. Then when Kingdom Hearts released (another one of my favourites) they had my second favourite songstress, Utada Hikaru, sang the theme songs. With all these tied ins, it's not a surprised for you to understand why Square always has a special place in my heart.

I'm happy to be part of this brand spanking new forum and work my way up as a Shinra Soldier. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

Light

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 5, 2013
Hello everyone. I'm here for many of the reasons already outlined - avid NC reader, longtime Squaresoft fan, and RPG enthusiast.

In terms of something cool about myself... I spotted the Gooch once in San Francisco, waved at him, and he waved back.
You met Sakaguchi! That's definitely cool. :)