Introductions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
All forums have this kind of thread right?

Name is Stealth. Famous as an RPG lover. Enjoy talking to others about RPG's (and games in general). Really like giving gamer's recommendations and help. I also really like reading game reviews (I don't get caught up in scores drama). Outside of gaming I work in the Finance Industry. Gaming is used as stress release.

So how about all of you?

Last edited:

Phantasy MAGE

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
twitter.com
Hi there !

I'm known as phantasmage on twitter, and just like Stealth, am an RPG lover. I'm a 24 years old IT student-about-to-graduate, a huge fan of Anime/manga/light novels (when I'm not playing RPGs!). I could write a huge list of which games/anime/manga I like but I'm a bit lazy :3

I'm happy to join this new forum as I've been following Nova Crystallis since its beginning. I hope to get along with you all here :)

Last edited:

Aether

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Australia
Name is Aether, have been a member of UFFSite since 2002. I've played too much WoW and console RPGs to be healthy and now doing a foray into FF XIV.

Work in the IT industry and I'm from Australia.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Yo. I'm Alex. I started out in this world of video game websites many, many years ago aged about 9 or 10. Around age 11, I got involved with a new site called UFF9, which is now 13 years old, and everything has sort of snowballed from there. I'm the Director of the UFF Network sites, which includes RPG Site, Nova Crystallis, Save/Continue.com and of course UFFSite among others, and in my day-to-day life I actually work full-time writing about video games for much bigger websites like VG247.com and StrategyInformer.com.

My gaming taste is pretty eclectic, but if I had to name a few of my all-time favourites, I'd name Final Fantasy IX, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Starfox 64, Persona 4, the Mass Effect Trilogy, The Wind Waker, Disgaea, NBA Jam TE, Halo 3, Super Metroid, Street Fighter IV, Command & Conquer 3, The Witcher 2, Streets of Rage 2, Chrono Trigger... eh, I could go on forever.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I am Zack. I was born in this small town called Gongaga. For all my life I have wanted to join the local utility company's military just like my hero. I have already made a few good friends with some other soldiers. Things are looking up.

Also, I have been a writer for RPG Site since its inception and have always been big into RPGs and anime. I am also pretty open-minded when it comes to video games, being a big fan of FPS and action adventure titles, but I will always hold dear the RPG genre, in particular Strategy RPGs and dungeon crawlers. The bigger the niche, the seemingly more appeal it has to me.

Mike

Head Engineer
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
www.rpgsite.net
Okay!

Hi. I'm Mike. I'm the head engineer at the UFF network, focusing mainly on RPG Site and UFF Site, but helping out where needed elsewhere. I've been with the UFF network since before it was the UFF network. Began lurking in late 2001 and actually joined and became staff in 2002. I've had the distinct honor of working with Alex for all those years he was talking about. We made RPG Site and formed what is now the network.

My life has been a busy one of late so I haven't had much of a chance to play many video games (please don't kill me), but recently it's been going through the Mass Effect games, and occasionally going through some of the older Final Fantasy's when I can.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or anything!

Makyengo

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Hello, everyone!

I am Makyengo. I'm a 27 year old gamer that started back with the NES and has never looked back. I'll pretty much play most games except those involving motion controls or sports games. Don't have anything against them. They just aren't my cup of tea. I really enjoy talking about video games with people whenever I get the opportunity. My favorite genre has always been that of the RPG. At the time of this I am playing through Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn primarily as a Dragoon. When I'm not near my PS3 I'm probably playing whatever JRPG I can get for my handelds. Aside from gaming I love Anime, Manga, and J-Rock. Have a great day, everyone! :)

hui43210

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Ottawa, On
Hello everyone, I go on the Internet by the alias hui43210! I'm 23 and from Winnipeg Manitoba(Canada), but I'm currently in Ottawa Ontario and just started my Masters in political science. The turning point in my gaming life came when my oldest brother chose the PlayStation over the Nintendo 64, and then a little game called Final Fantasy VII came out. :) As of today, I still have yet to play a Final Fantasy game that I did not like, although I'm not as enamored with Final Fantasy IX as others are, was not a big fan of the Chibi style in that one.... I also prefer the sci-fi cyberpunk style games to the actual fantasy ones, which is kind of ironic considering the title. I'm a big fan of many other videogames, and I am a massive Anime fan. I've seen hundreds of shows and movies, and love things like cowboy bebop, trigun, rahxephon, eureka 7, gundam, sword art online, guilty crown and countless other shows. However, if I need to pick one show I will always ALWAYS pick neon genesis evangelion, I hold it on the same level that I hold Final Fantasy in video games, nothing in the medium has affected me as much as this show, and these games.

So, thats pretty much it for now.o_O

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
Hello, I'm darkbahamut, but people just call me DB. I have been a member of UFF since October 2004, and while my life has changed a lot since then, I still frequent the (now old) forums. I am currently in the final year of my Computer Science degree, at the University of Portsmouth in the UK.

My first FF game was FF7, and since then I have played FF3 through to FFXII (excluding XI) of the numbered Fantasies, and while the newest entries have disappointed me, I'm still keeping an eye on FF in general (FFXIV 2.0 looks very good). I am also a fan of RPGs in general, such as Tales, Star Ocean and Golden Sun. Oh, and I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan too.

I also like watching animé and reading some manga, from your standard Bleach, One Piece and Naruto, to the shorter-but-great Gurren Lagann and Trigun.

So that's the jist of me. :)

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Hi! I'm bad at introductions on forums.. here goes!

I've been playing RPGs since FF8 on the ps1, which I currently own for Ps3/vita. I love Kingdom Hearts just as much, Kh1 was the 2nd PS2 game I ever played. (first was Jak and Daxter)

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
So this might be a long and awkward post, so allow me to apologize in advance.

I'm a 30 year old (which is like 100 in the gaming community right?) gamer. Been gaming ever since I got my first NES back when I was 7. I try to play a little bit of everything, but the Final Fantasy series is by far my favorite, gotten me through some tough times in my life so I do hold them pretty close to my being as silly as that may be. I used to be really active on forums a long time ago (FFalpha.com FFOnline.com), eventually though I fell out of it so this is my attempt to get back into a gaming forum!

Online I go by Chaos, or Chaos1950 as my PSN/Twitter/Gamertag would be. Named after the first boss of Final Fantasy AND my favorite character's final limit break.

Hmm what else to say? I play a little bit of everything, or at least I try to. Currently playing Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, while also working on finishing Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, and a mage playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins. I generally game on my PS3, but I do own both consoles, my 360 is just used mostly for exclusives.

All in all just an old gamer, looking to chat about games, especially the games I love.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I'm Ehren. I'm a writer for Nova Crystallis recently, and a Final Fantasy fan since I was a small child. There is no numbered game I have not played, and I've played almost every unnumbered game that has been released in America (and a few besides). Video games are among my favorite mediums for storytelling (although books can be equally delicious for very different reasons), and I'm very open to new gaming experiences. My weak points are arcade-fighting and shooter games, whereas my strong points are turn-based, strategy, and puzzle games. I'm not too shabby with action games, either. Playstation is my preferred console although I will purchase Nintendo and Microsoft consoles for games I am unable to experience elsewhere, and the Nintendo handheld is my jam despite many of my favorite series opting for the PSP/Vita.

Oh, I'm 25 and male. And gay, not that it matters. I've got pretty much all of my social networking stuff on my profile, so take a look if you need/want to get in touch with me.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
I'm Adam, a Materials Science Graduate student attending Georgia Tech. Gaming is a big hobby of mine of course, and semi-recently joined up with RPGSite. I don't know what my favorite RPG series is, or possibly more correctly, I can't decide what my favorite RPG series is - I tend to play a lot of them. I actually play a bunch of genres, from FPS to strategy games to Nintendo, but recently it seems like I've been on a bit more of an RPG kick, going back to classics I missed. I'm a pretty laid back person in general, more than one person have described me as "chill" (?)

If it matters, Jazz Jackrabbit is the first game I remember playing, so that's why he's sort of become my avatar in most places.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Hey everybody :)

I am glad there is an introduction thread, I really like it if I am able to properly introduce myself first.

Much of what I am going to tell you can also be found in my profile, where I wrote in great detail as well.

I am 30 years old, are from Germany and have been a FINAL FANTASY fan since 1999. Although FF is my greatest gaming passion of all time, oddly enough its the only RPG I am playing. I tried a few others but none of them could evoke the feeling and emotional power that I love so much about FF. So while I am a die hard FF fan, I am not a RPG fan in general.

Besides FF I am a huge fan of action, adventure, fighting games and horror with my most favorite games (besides FF) being the Resident Evil series, the God of War series, The Batman: Arkham series, Injustice, Tekken and the Tomb Raider Trilogy (Legend, Anniversary and Underworld only!)

I started being a gamer in 1994 (with Street Fighter II) on the SNES before getting the PSOne for my 16th birthday in 1998. Back then Tekken 3, Tomb Raider II and III were my favorite games before I discovered Resident Evil in early 1999 and became a huge fan of the series (and have been ever since). Shortly after that I got my hands on Final Fantasy VII for the first time and was extremely captivated by it, though it did not make me a fan yet. That would finally happen in Fall 1999 when I got Final Fantasy VIII, which become my greatest gaming passion of all time (At that time) and made me a total die hard fan of the series until this day. Though after getting more thoroughly into FF VII and eventually also FF IX and most importantly FF X (which still is my most favorite game of all time) I love these games even more than VIII today. While I wasnt too crazy about FF XII (which is a supreme and massive RPG but severely lacked the emotional power and feeling of the Final Fantasy I love), I DO like the FF XIII series a lot despite its flaws. I think its mythology is the best since VII and especially Lightning might be one of my most favorite FF characters of all time.

I have several other passions besides gaming. On top of that list would be Marvel and DC superhero comics which I am reading and collecting for 20 years by now. I am also a huge movie buff, especially superhero movies, epic fantasy spectacles (such as Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, I am SW fan since 1997), horror films (especially slasher and splatter of the 70s and 80s), actionfilms and the movies of Whedon, Tarantino, cameron and Bay. But I also love many more movies from very different genres as well. way too many to name them all.

I am also fan of several TV shows, mostly fantasy-dramas or superhero shows such as Joss Whedons shows Buffy, Angel, Firefly, superhero shows like Smallville (besides Buffy my most favorite show of all time), Arrow and vampire-drama The Vampire Diaries.

Besides games, comics, films and Tv shows my greatest love of all is music. german veteran punkrockband DIE ÄRZTE (The Doctors) who exist since 1982 are my most favorite band of all time since 1993. Since 2008 I also a huge fan of fellow german veteran-punkrockband DIE TOTEN HOSEN (The Dead Pants). Generally I am a huge fan of Punk and Rock (and the whole ideal of Punkrock that comes with it, which has greatly influenced my life philosophy, attitude and outlook on life) and am drummer in a punkrockband myself.

To balance my love for Punk/Rock, I also love Pop and Poprock. especially Avril Lavigne who is my most fav singer since 2008. In contrast to that kind of music I am also a huge fan of orchestral movie scores, particularly the works of John Williams, Howard Shore, Hans ZImmer and Steve Jablonsky.

And of course I am a huge fan of the FInal Fantasy music, particularly Uematsus works. I have all the soundtrack albums of FF VI - XIV as well as several arranged albums, all of the live concert albums, the piano albums and the albums of Uematsus rock band "The Black Mages" who cover FF songs as rock versions (Awesome stuff!)

I have been following novacyrstallis.com for a long time, its my most favorite source for all things FF and so when this forum was created, signing up was a no brainer for me. What I really value about the NC community is that they are respectful to another and dont put someone down, ridicule him or question him as a "true fan" for liking or loving a game that many others might not like that much (e.g. FF XIII which has some of the most aggressive, intolerant and disrespectful haters I have ever met and they are practically to be found on every damn website). I always noticed how in the NC community there was always a much greater level of tolerance and respect then on other websites, so I am glad you finally created a forum for yourself. Glad to be part of it now. And thats something I sadly cant say for other forums I joined.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Might as well introduce myself now!

Nice to meet you all! I'm Azuardo, or just Az to most people (or Azu to others), 25, from Wales.

FF started for me with the first FF game that was released in Europe - FFVII. I owe a lot to that game and definitely believe it greatly influenced my life and made me who I am today. FFVII, VIII and IX took up a huge portion of my pre-teen and teenage years (and they still do!). These days, I will pre-order just about every FF game that gets released, which can't be said for many other series (perhaps the only other is Zelda). I play just about any kind of game out there, having started at the SNES and own the majority of consoles since then.

This seems like a great bunch of people, so I look forward to chatting with you all.

Shinigami Frost

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 28, 2013
KY, USA
Hi, I'm Shinigami Frost! You can call me Shinigami, Shini, or whatever you want...I'll pretty much answer to anything. I've been into gaming almost my whole life. My favorite RPGs are Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts. Other favorites include Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past...yes, I love me some Zelda. I'm happily married to my wonderful wife, who is also a gamer. (Just had our 2 year anniversary ;] ). I'm very easy going, and I try to please as many people as possible. I find trolling amusing, but I don't do it myself. So if you see me post something, you can trust I'm not messing with you. I also like Anime, although I've taken a break for awhile. (Some favorites are: Code Geass, Clannad, Higurashi, Jigoku Shoujo, and of course Dragonball.). Feel free to add me on Twitter, XBL or PSN...I always want more friends ;).

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
Oh yeah, intros.

Hi, I'm gaiages, my real name's Elizabeth. I recently became a writer for RPGSite, and I am also a Community Manager over at (unrelated site) Game Podunk. As everyone else here is, I'm a huge fan of RPGs, and love a variety of games from the genre. I'm also big on fighters and (not hellishly difficult) platformers, though I've never really denied trying a video game out due to its genre.

My main hobby is gaming, and writing about said gaming, but I also enjoy reading, though I don't do it as much as I should. I'm not all that big on TV/Movies/Anime, but it's not that I hate them, I just have a short attention span when I'm not interacting with the medium.

So yeah, hi everyone :3

I'm not that good with introductions, but I'll do my best.

Hello guys I'm Reverse Vampire and I've been following KH and FF since 2005 and 2002 respectively. My first introduction to the Final Fantasy series was was watching my elder brother play FF7 on a PS1 and watched him played ever since, not before moving on to FF8 which he and I enjoyed as well. You never believe that I got my headstart in the Kingdom Hearts franchise with the manga adaptations not before moving on to the actual game. My first game was KH2, so there. I'm a huge fan of JRPGs and action games in general but lately I've been interested in visual novel games (like Ace Attorney, Analogue: A Hate Story and the likes). I'm not really into FPS or any other shooter games, unfortunately but maybe I'll come to understand as I grow older.

I own a blog/website at Vampire Cravings where I review vampire-themed anime/manga/light novels (the latter one is rare, if I get my hands on an English translation. So far only Trinity Blood has done the job for me and I hope other publishers, probably Yen Press will pick up the manga and the light novels that has yet to be out anywhere else. But judging by the demands I doubt it'll be picked up anytime soon. :( ) I'll try to update as much as I can but college has been a bother when it comes to that. I have a new segment coming up as well, and I hope that helps me to update more regularly in future.

It's been an on-off relationship between anime/movies and myself. And like gaiages above I have a really, really short attention span so the chances of shows wanting me to find out more are pretty slim. I write as well but there's still a long way to go at the rate I'm going. It's a big project of mine and I'm expecting some response on wanting to know what the heck is going on.

And yeah. That's all about me. I'm looking forward to make more friends in this new community. :D