Is the FINAL FANTASY XV story compelling thus far as we know?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The known story of FINAL FANTASY XV thus far sounds...

• Boring, nothing new or intresting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bold, it sounds like a gamble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
But the thing is, Stella is from Tenebrae... Niflheim is the country that invades. I really don't see at all how Romeo and Juliet are compared. Romeo and Juliet isn't even a love story to begin with, it's a three day relationship against an emo depressed guy who gets dumped and gets a boner with the first girl he saw basically.
Romeo and Juliet very much is a love story.
And even though Stella isn't with the country that invaded, they already said higher-ups in her country pressure her into fighting with Noct over the crystal. Other countries want the crystal since it's the last one.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Romeo and Juliet very much is a love story.
And even though Stella isn't with the country that invaded, they already said higher-ups in her country pressure her into fighting with Noct over the crystal. Other countries want the crystal since it's the last one.
Uh... no it's not... just look up "Is Romeo and Juliet a love story" on Google and tell me what you find.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Even if some people see it as more of a tragic tale than a love story, doesn't mean others can't interpet it as such. To me it's a tragic love story about how old grudges can ruin people's lives.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This is the most loose connection to anything I've ever heard... Two families that are on different sides and a man and a women to you means Romeo and Juliet? Why does two families apposing each other have to do with Romeo and Juliet, it's not like they invented the concept of feuds.

You might as well say Final Fantasy XIII-2 is inspired by Back to the Future because they travel through time.

Even if some people see it as more of a tragic tale than a love story, doesn't mean others can't interpet it as such. To me it's a tragic love story about how old grudges can ruin people's lives.
If you think a 3 day relationship is love you have a pretty poor conception of what love is.

Last edited by a moderator:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
There's no need to turn this into an argument. We just see it differently. It's not a right or wrong about what genre a play was. And as for XV being influenced by what, we'll have to wait and see. Macbeth was just a tragedy not a love story, one could.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I love how this just transformed into a Romeo and Juliet thread. I'd wait for more info about the story before giving my opinion on that particular case. Maybe so should you.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Please tell me how they resemble R&J... I'd love to know.

You mean the one quote from Hamlet? The one single quote that can be related to anything? This is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 26, 2014
Well, I don't think we know enough about the story to say for certain what it'll be inspired by or how it will play out. I don't think the quote necessarily means the story will be inspired by Shakespeare. Authors often preface their books with famous quotes that have something to do with their stories, and the quote in the trailer may be the same sort of thing: like they were saying "Hey look, here's a quote that represents some of the came concepts and ideas that this game does!" The game may take cues from Shakespeare. The ideas present in the story may coincide with the quote. Or they may not. Nobody knows yet. We don't know enough about the story at this point to make the call one way or another.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well, I don't think we know enough about the story to say for certain what it'll be inspired by or how it will play out. I don't think the quote necessarily means the story will be inspired by Shakespeare. Authors often preface their books with famous quotes that have something to do with their stories, and the quote in the trailer may be the same sort of thing: like they were saying "Hey look, here's a quote that represents some of the came concepts and ideas that this game does!" The game may take cues from Shakespeare. The ideas present in the story may coincide with the quote. Or they may not. Nobody knows yet. We don't know enough about the story at this point to make the call one way or another.
I agree with you completely, especially about the quote.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Exactly. But if it does or doesn't will be up to interpretation once the game is out. And if it doesn't or does won't ruin the game. I can think of worst thing to draw ideas from.

Last edited:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
That's a problem that's been happening with movies lately. Too many trailers can reveal too much of the story or game. If the game is long this is less likely to happen. But it's still possible since we're sometimes getting 10mins trailers. Don't get me wrong I want to know about the game. But maybe Nomura's right to keep the rest of the plot beyond this cold war and peace treaty and crystal issue a secret. He knows most people want to be surprised as much as possible. So I ask for more gameplay trailers, with disembodied voices from the characters. That way we don't see every thing from the scenes the quotes come from. Y'all know what I mean, sometimes even if they break the scenes up and put them out of order, people end up over time reworking the scene chronologically and the plot gets revealed. To be honest, someone could strap me down and reveal the whole plot and I'd still play the game.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
That's a problem that's been happening with movies lately. Too many trailers can reveal too much of the story or game. If the game is long this is less likely to happen.
Don't you remember those XIII-2 trailers? They spoiled a lot of things, even scenes from the ending. It's not exclusive to movies.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Don't you remember those XIII-2 trailers? They spoiled a lot of things, even scenes from the ending. It's not exclusive to movies.
You're making my point then, I don't want that to happen with this game. I've seen some games other than 13-2 get spoiled. They should know, less is more when it comes to previews.

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
I like romance too, as long as the woman and man are equals. I liked Vaan, but the majority of 12 they just wrote him off as a goofy kid, even though in the start he was protrayed as a crafty street urchin who could outsmart people. Even in the Renevant Wings game Vaan and Panelo didn't seem to be able mature into a full relationship, be at least they got to show off their way of saving the world (since 12 became more about Ashe and Balthier since it was originally gonna be a more adult FF).

But back to 15, if Noct and Stella are a mature couple, I'm for it. They're both really strong in mind and body as I hear. And they both have the same power. Maybe between them they can be that adult couple that makes people like romance in games again. Nomura doesn't do a lot of romance, and I already told you I hear it won't be about romance, but maybe...
Noctis don't see mature for me.. and stella looks like some kind of confused,manipulated etro fanatic lol... IMO final fantasy game was never good in romance, the last thing I want to see in these games. In FFX/FF8 I always hated yuna and tidus/squall and rinoa romance I don't know it was too forced in the plot...
well I don't wanna see any romance in ff15 that could be something new but I feel stella and nocis will have some kind of hard love romance thing sadly, or somekind of rome and Juliet thing stella father hate the lucis family but stella is not,maybe later she join to noctis....ughh don't want want to see my prediction is turning to be true again....

Last edited:

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
In FFX/FF8 I always hated yuna and tidus/squall and rinoa romance I don't know it was too forced in the plot....
If you didn't like the want romance was done in the past, then Square to keep at it and eventually they'll get better, hopefully. Squall and Rinoa might not have been so great. But Tidus and Yuna and Cloud and Tifa were IMO.