JRPG Challenge Runs!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Hi!
Not sure if many people here share my same zeal for high-level JRPG gameplay, but as you may have guessed, that's what I partake in!
Channel
I don't want to deiform myself, so I'll allow the gameplay to speak for me, for those of you who are interested!
I appreciate /any/ support, whether that be liking, subscribing, or any criticisms!

Current/On-going projects:
- Tales of Vesperia PS3 [Furen "Flynn" Solo/Unknown Mode]
- FFX-2 HD: Via Infinito [All Cloisters]
- LIGHTNING RETURNS: All Storyline Bosses [No Damage, No EP, No Items]
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD: Data Org. XIII members [Critical Mode/No Damage]

I've been sedentary lately, mostly due to finals week of school, so uploads have been sparse.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
How goes the Lightning Returns one? Seems like itd be a hard project.
It's been pretty solid so far! Though there's a bit of challenge here, lots of trial and error on bosses and passive skill farming makes it a bit easier haha.
Last boss I got done was Aeronite. Will do Noel+ next!

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Very nice runs. Certainly proof of skill. Do you mind if I ask how you usually practice for them?
Thanks!
For XIIILR specifically, it was pretty much a matter of getting accustomed to the battle system again + off-screen grinding/practicing in the Ark.
Learning boss weaknesses/attack patterns and experimenting with different passive skills (they're too good in LR!) and schema builds on them.
Pretty much trial and error until I figure how I want to approach a boss exactly.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Not a JRPG(well maybe you could argue that it is). Nothing like the combo MADs, but here's a short boss fight from DMC4SE.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Are any of these lets plays? Id love to see a legit lets play from you. Not many good JRPG players around.
Unfortunately not I'm afraid D:
I considered writing guides to supplement my challenge runs (since they weren't LPs), just to give better perspective as to what kinda preparations I did off-screen. But I guess at the end of the day, it really just boils down to demand for that kinda thing.
Thanks for comment though, I really appreciate that!

Waiting for the Dark Eons fight.
That won't be for a while haha. I'm already loathing the grind for those bosses :(