JRPG Challenge Runs!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015

Seymour Natus/Mortibody is uploading.
At Calm Lands, I think most people are aware that you get access to items to Mix Trio/Quartet 9999 with Rikku. I will be using this Mix in my run, but only largely at end/post-game. The run loses its novelty at this point if every storyline boss gets bopped by Trio/Quartet 9999.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Seymour Natus/Mortibody is uploading.
At Calm Lands, I think most people are aware that you get access to items to Mix Trio/Quartet 9999 with Rikku. I will be using this Mix in my run, but only largely at end/post-game. The run loses its novelty at this point if every storyline boss gets bopped by Trio/Quartet 9999.
I guess the challenge stops there. Do you plan do any ATLUS game at some poimt ?

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I guess the challenge stops there. Do you plan do any ATLUS game at some poimt ?
Oh no, I didn't mean that the challenge ends here, I'm just saying that if I DID exploit things like Trio/Quartet 9999, there'd be no point in watching anymore haha. I'm not going to rely on exploits though!

and Atlus is murky waters for me, I do plan on importing Persona 5 and doing stuff (maybe an LP), but as far as anything else Atlus goes, probably not. SMT has never really been a series that I consistently could pick up and replay like I do with FF. And many of their other titles don't interest me too much quite honestly. Odin Sphere HD at the very least.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I'm starting my first NSG (will try to resist leveling characters) in FFX, any adivices ?
Nice! Don't be intimidated, NSG runs are a LOT easier than they seem, especially without restrictions on Overdrives, Aeons, etc. (outside of bosses, the real challenge comes in off-screen preparation). Here's a small Primer I'd written up for NSG runs to get you started.

More importantly, you'll need lots of time and patience for any NSG run.

Last edited:

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Any specific challenge runs people want to see done after I finish FFX NSG?

I'm think of doing:
- FFXIII No Crystarium Usage
- XIII-2 No Crystarium Usage
- FFIX Level 1 Challenge/Freya(?) solo
- FFX-2 New Game Solo run
- FFX Tidus Solo Challenge (SUPER MAYBE, IDK IF I WANNA GO BACK TO FFX ANYTIME SOON LOL)