Kingdom Hearts III

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I want to see reaction commands returning, maybe not as broken as KH2 though. For worlds I would love to see Atlantis the Lost Empire and Treasure Pllanet, they sound perfect for the series.

Some of the new FF characters I want to see woud be any FF13 characters, and definetaly more FF9 characters. Seeing vivi in KH2 amost made me drop my controller.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I don't care what anybody says, I think they're going to have to put Lightning in some Kingdom Hearts game, eventually. I've told a few people about this already, but her Lightning Returns story is actually perfect for this. I mean, you changed "soul" to "heart" and "chaos" to "darkness" and you're pretty much done. I would imagine that if she were included, she would have to travel between worlds looking for somewhere to release the Hearts of the people she saved on her original world (now swallowed by Darkness), and Sora would meet her randomly on the Lanes Between or actually IN a world. It would be cool if you happened across her on random worlds after you've already met up with her, and find her surrounded by Heartless and Nobodies. You help her fight them off, and then she'd give you some materials or something and take off for a new world.

I would also like for there to be worlds you don't have to visit in a pretty big way, which could work well with the idea above. It's all well and nice to have a set of worlds to go to that are all somewhat relevant to the main plot, but we need more worlds to explore for the fun of the story from which te world came, or for more original stories in the fashion of Traverse Town and Radiant Garden. I think it would be cool if finding a world where Lightning can free the Hearts she's saved to become people again was a completely optional thing.

I would also like to see physical expansions to worlds that already exist. More areas of places we're familiar with, I mean, as well as the true opening-up of worlds we see in scenes but never really get to go to. (I'm looking at you, Destiny Islands) It'd also be nice if, as you save people like Aqua, you could switch over at any time. The style of Birth By Sleep was nice, but those stories all started at the same time and you couldn't switch without starting a new game. Dream Drop Distance was cool for letting you switch between stories on the fly, but also a little annoying in that the switch was often unavoidable. I would like a healthy balance.

I don't care what anybody says, I think they're going to have to put Lightning in some Kingdom Hearts game, eventually. I've told a few people about this already, but her Lightning Returns story is actually perfect for this. I mean, you changed "soul" to "heart" and "chaos" to "darkness" and you're pretty much done. I would imagine that if she were included, she would have to travel between worlds looking for somewhere to release the Hearts of the people she saved on her original world (now swallowed by Darkness), and Sora would meet her randomly on the Lanes Between or actually IN a world. It would be cool if you happened across her on random worlds after you've already met up with her, and find her surrounded by Heartless and Nobodies. You help her fight them off, and then she'd give you some materials or something and take off for a new world.

I would also like for there to be worlds you don't have to visit in a pretty big way, which could work well with the idea above. It's all well and nice to have a set of worlds to go to that are all somewhat relevant to the main plot, but we need more worlds to explore for the fun of the story from which te world came, or for more original stories in the fashion of Traverse Town and Radiant Garden. I think it would be cool if finding a world where Lightning can free the Hearts she's saved to become people again was a completely optional thing.

I would also like to see physical expansions to worlds that already exist. More areas of places we're familiar with, I mean, as well as the true opening-up of worlds we see in scenes but never really get to go to. (I'm looking at you, Destiny Islands) It'd also be nice if, as you save people like Aqua, you could switch over at any time. The style of Birth By Sleep was nice, but those stories all started at the same time and you couldn't switch without starting a new game. Dream Drop Distance was cool for letting you switch between stories on the fly, but also a little annoying in that the switch was often unavoidable. I would like a healthy balance.
I am sick of lightning. Lets just retire her for awhile.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I am sick of lightning. Lets just retire her for awhile.
I don't think that's going to happen. They're going to keep using her just as heavily as they used Cloud, until they create another character of comparable popularity. That's just how Square works.

Another thing is I think the Gummi ship system will need to be updated again. You could do pretty well with it in KHII, but the Keyblade Gliders looked so much cooler in Birth By Sleep. I would also prefer they used the Command Charge system to going back to MP, as I'm kind of sick of MP in games. If they don't bring back the Limit system from KHII as well, I will be very disappointed. I especially liked doing Auron's Limit, and later Riku's limit pretty much tore me through the latter half of The World That Never Was despite being about 10 levels under where I needed to be.

Oh, and we need a crafting system to return. Command melding is fun, but it doesn't quite beat the feeling of synthesis. I liked the system in II, although it was nice to be able to create recipes the I way where I could keep unlocking higher tiers as long as I had the materials to create stuff from my current tier. While playing 1.5 HD I farmed until I could start making EXP Bracelets and then I really went to town. I would love for engaging, useful crafting to remain a staple of at least the main games. It could also be cool if there were little arenas were you could play by the rules of previous games! Like one where you use the card system from Re:CoM, or the panel system from Days. You'd unlock expansions to the system as you continued the story and explored optional worlds, and eventually could craft Expansions Sets that increased your card/panel pool, or did things like buffed your HP/MP if you were fighting KH1 style.

I don't think that's going to happen. They're going to keep using her just as heavily as they used Cloud, until they create another character of comparable popularity. That's just how Square works.

Another thing is I think the Gummi ship system will need to be updated again. You could do pretty well with it in KHII, but the Keyblade Gliders looked so much cooler in Birth By Sleep. I would also prefer they used the Command Charge system to going back to MP, as I'm kind of sick of MP in games. If they don't bring back the Limit system from KHII as well, I will be very disappointed. I especially liked doing Auron's Limit, and later Riku's limit pretty much tore me through the latter half of The World That Never Was despite being about 10 levels under where I needed to be.

Oh, and we need a crafting system to return. Command melding is fun, but it doesn't quite beat the feeling of synthesis. I liked the system in II, although it was nice to be able to create recipes the I way where I could keep unlocking higher tiers as long as I had the materials to create stuff from my current tier. While playing 1.5 HD I farmed until I could start making EXP Bracelets and then I really went to town. I would love for engaging, useful crafting to remain a staple of at least the main games. It could also be cool if there were little arenas were you could play by the rules of previous games! Like one where you use the card system from Re:CoM, or the panel system from Days. You'd unlock expansions to the system as you continued the story and explored optional worlds, and eventually could craft Expansions Sets that increased your card/panel pool, or did things like buffed your HP/MP if you were fighting KH1 style.
Your right. Its not going to happen. Your other comments are spot on.

If I had to choose a character to really have a big part as a "time traveler" Gilgamesh