Konami to MGS3 Fans: &$%# You

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Konami to MGS3 fans: Fuck you.

The scenes look absolutely amazing, but since that's way too much effort to put into advertising a pachinko machine, I have to wonder if they didn't have a half-started Fox engine MGS3 remake in the works and they gutted it for... this.

This is like when Joffrey made Sansa look at Ned's head on a stake.

All images shamelessly stolen from NeoGaf

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I made peace with it weeks ago back when the pachinko was announced.
This guy worded it nicely, no need to rage.
https://m.reddit.com/r/metalgearsol...lid_snake_eater_pachislot_new_trailer/d5dhkgd
The issue isn't that they are making Pachinko Machines. It's that it looks like they've gutted what might have been an MGS3 remake for it, or that they're showing what the MGS3 remake COULD have looked like. Nothing in that link makes me feel better about anything. :p It doesn't even acknowledge the issue.

It's not total rage, BTW. Some of it is just to look at how good the cutscenes look. They look amazing.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I've long given up on Konami being anything more than a greedy, exploitative money-grabber these days. Their shameless treatment of Kojima and MGS5 put me off getting any of their games.... ever... unless the licenses are bought by a sympathetic company and given new life. MGS and Silent Hill badly need the attentions of another company that won't turn them into mobile and pachinko games.