Let´s Replay Final Fantasy: General Discussion & Voting (Poll)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which Final Fantasy game do you want us to play through together first?

• Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Final fantasy IX

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Since more and more people want to join our Community playthrough of the PSOne Final Fantasy - games and there is a preference for VII, VIII and IX it becomes harder to tell what the majority votes for. So I decided to create this additional thread where everyone who wants to join the playthrough project has 48 hours time to vote for the FF they want to play first in an actual poll.

The choice is between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX (I have recently completed VIII, which is why I am omitting it from the poll for the first FF to be played through)

I limited the poll to 48 hours because starting wednesday I want to move on to determine the starting time as well as the basic "guidelines" for the playthrough. With many players to consider this will take a bit of time but i dont want it to take too long either so we can start this as quick as possible.

The Poll is basically a final additional chance for everyone to vote for their preferred game. I would have implemented this in the original thread but I cant add a poll in an already existing thread, so I´ll create a new thread for this (the old one can be deleted since all conversations regarding the topic will now continue in here)

For everyone who just joined us here a short recap of what this is about:

The idea is to play Final Fantasy games together from start to finish. We´ll start all at the same time and there will be certain "milestones" or "checkpoints". Once a player reaches such a point he will wait until all other players have reached that point as well . Different players have different playstyles, so some will inevitable reach those points way ahead of others. This isnt supposed to be a race or speedrun and there are no prizes for those who finish first so please by all means take your time to enjoy and take in these games in full. Those who want to wander around and enjoy the world of the games or take their time exploring should be able to do that without crushing pressure to reach the checkpoint in time. Also not all gamers have an equal amount of time. While some may play 6 hours straight, others might only have 2 hours. Thats why we need those checkpoints where we can all "gather" before we all continue from them at the same time.

Of course there needs to be a certain limit how long we will wait for everyone to reach the checkpoints. Obviously it will completely kill the flow of it if some players have to wait for weeks until they can continue. So while you should feel free to explore and play comfortably and nobody will rush you into a speedrun here, you also shouldnt be crawling through the game. before we start we will set the exact amount of time to wait and other rules for the playthrough together , trying to consider each player as much as possible but with the highest priority to make this fun for everybody and find some good middleground between super hardcore players and relaxing slower players.

The most important part of it that we check back here regularly during our playthrough to talk about our individual progress, adventures, story, characters and anything else that you experienced or that is on your mind about what you have experienced so far during the playthrough or discussing strategies and ideas about what lies ahead.

After this poll closes we´ll spent the next few days setting up the basic rules and guidelines where everyone can add ideas and contribute to it. And then on the weekend we´ll start our adventure

UPDATE:

The Poll is finished and Final Fantasy IX will be the first game for our Community Playthrough.

OFFICIAL PLAYTHROUGH PARTICIPANTS LIST

Azuardo
Omegaflare
Leon Aether
Nikolasvanitas
Phoenix
Zack

Last edited:

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
It has the closing date and time at the top, underneath the poll question.

For me, it's Oct 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM. I'm guessing that's automatically in BST for me.
Seems like it. For me it says "Oct 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM". So, still about a full day off.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
The poll will close after 48 hours. So Ehren is right, you still have one day to affect its outcome ,) Though from the looks of it , it seems that FF IX will be the clear winner of it - unless of course people vote like crazy for FF VII for the next day :)

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Hopefully next time we'll get a say in what's in the poll...but good for me, I don't have to wait on anyone during my own VII playthrough.
that jab was obviously directed at me. Since I created the project and have recently already completed VIII, I didnt include it in the poll. The idea behind this was that I wanted to play through VII or IX next anyway and I thought it would be a lot more fun to do that as a project together with many other players. But obviously I dont want to sit out my own project therefore VIII was not an option for the first playthrough.

Now I understand if especially fans of VIII are a bit bummed out about that. And if they want arrange a FF VIII-playthrough project they are free to do so. But please do not take such jabs at me for selecting the titles in the poll that I am creating. And please do not bring a bad mood into this project as well. Everyone who doesnt want to participate in it or doesnt want to play FF IX (which is now officially the winner) can just stay away from this project. no hard feelings, no harm done. But please dont ruin the excitement for the rest of us.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Well you obviously dont have any interest in participating in this project one way or another so I dont understand why you keep involving yourself in it anyway. You´re the only one who keeps complaining about this project. Nobody forces you to take part in it so just let us who will very much enjoy doing this have our fun with it and take your negativity someplace else.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
You have no grounds for that Tsukiyomi. I am simply reminding Sapientia that if she doesnt like this project and doesnt wanna take part in it she is free to stay away from it and asked her not to ruin peoples excitement by spreading negativity. As far as I know I havent violated any forum rules with that. In fact I had hoped that the mods would be supportive here and not threaten me for trying to keep the good mood and excitement about this project.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Omega, what's the next step?

We should probably get a roll call of the people taking part. You getting some ideas/rules down? Making the official FFIX playthrough thread?

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
Thanks for finally bringin the topic back to the project, Azuardo :)

Yes I had something very similar in mind. Meaning we should create an official list of participants first. So please anybody who wants to participate in this Community playthrough of Final Fantasy IX, please confirm that now with a quick post and I´ll put you on the official list, which I´ll update regularly over the next day or so:

Then I would like us to discuss the rules of the project. i dont want to just dictate the rules for everyone but I wanna make sure that everybody is considered here. So my suggestion would be to lay out the basic rules and ideas for it and if anybody of you wants something to be different or wants something to be added please say so and we´ll try to implement it.

the official playthrough thread I will create once the playthrough actually is about to start and everything else is taken care of.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Double-checked if my PSP could still run PS1 games last night; ended up pissing about for a good couple of hours getting it working, but thankfully, it's all good to go now. NTSC FFIX working and ready for a new game.