Life is Strange

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Isn't life strange? French studio Dontnod (as in, don't nod) seems to think so, which is why they have not only survived, but they have inexplicably teamed up with Square-Enix this time round for a new IP known as Life is Strange, following the rather lukewarmly received Remember Me.

The game will be an "episodic, digitally delivered, narrative driven adventure game" with a large emphasis on choices and consequences. Supposedly invoking the butterfly effect, the announcement states that 'the consequences of [a] miniscule action can potentially lead to catastrophic results'.

It stars Max Caulfield, who returns home after a period of absence of five years to the fictional town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon. Upon her return, she discovers that a fellow senior at school, Rachel Amber, has disappeared under mysterious and unfortunate circumstances. Allied with an old friend, Chloe, Max seeks to uncover the uncover the truth, and finds she has attained the ability to rewind time.

No word on release, but Gamescom in Germany should have more of this game, which will be released for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Square-Enix
Eurogamer

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
The concept surely sounds interesting but I fear it may meet with poor execution. The ability to rewind time can either make or break the game.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Hmm, it's interesting, I'll give it that. Episodic isn't appealing to me, so I'll just pick up in a bundle if it's good, I guess. So long as choices actually do have varying levels of consequence (unlike The Walking Dead), it has potential.