List of things we want in subsequent FFXV updates [Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Felt like this deserves its own thread separate from the General News thread.

I know we aren't a big community, but I do know some of us have louder voices on other forums. For consolidation reasons I wanted to put together a post that included what most people wanted after Episode Ignis is released. Below are list of things I've seen people want or things I personally want to see. Please feel free to add to the thread as it goes.

Ill start with the most obvious, the content mentioned by Tabata back in December:
* Mid-Term Goal: To expand and fix the story for the back half of the game. It was acknowledged that there was to be a lot more here already. This could also mean a lot of things, ranging from many new cutscenes to flesh out side characters and villains that received little to no screen time, to things like actually expanding the gameplay and actually changing parts of the story here and there. This could include things like making the continent of Niflheim more open, in the sense that the train section is still there, but you can get out of the train and actually do certain things. Cartanica could be a new open town, while Tenebrae and Shiva's statue could be late game dungeons. Perhaps the cut trainstation would be placed here before Cartanica. Altissia could also be expanded (though Episode Ignis may do that), or perhaps make parts of Accordo exploreable. OR it could be none of this at all and the main storyline is just expanded in terms of cutscenes.
Tl;dr: Who knows, it hasn't happened yet.
* Long-Term Goal: This includes making player avatars and making other characters like Cor, Aranea, etc. playable as well. I think part of this got expedited for Comrades (at least the avatars). Comrades definitely addresses part of this as well as a progressive World of Ruin scenario. However, we don't know how much of the World we will get to explore here. Is it only a deteriorating Lucis? Will this include places in Niflheim and Accordo? We'll find out soon I guess.

Things we don't know about yet, but are likely due to the poll:

* Episode Ardyn/Episode Luna:
Personally feel like these are the two most likely candidates for actual, playable content, rather than just extra cutscenes. Ardyn's past is cryptic and most people agree that Luna just doesn't have enough presence in the game. Tabata has specifically stated an interest in exploring both of these characters more, but we don't have official confirmation that these will be the next 2 characters. "Cor's activities" from the poll seems like it will be addressed in Comrades, as he seems to be instructing the players on what to do (at least in the Beta)
* World of Ruin: Obviously made from the idea that Chapter 14 would get expanded to the entirety or a large section of Lucis post timeskip. We'd actually see everyone and allow us to add Cor, Aranea or Iris as a 5th party member, whatever. This would be different from Comrades as this is the World of Ruin we see in Chapter 14 and would help the story explore the characters after a 10 year timeskip.
* Noctis's Disappearance: Sounds like you get experience either what the Gladio, Prompto and Ignis are experiencing at this time (perhaps addressed in Comrades?) or you will see what Noct is experiencing during his time asleep. Perhaps it could play out like the Omen nightmare? Not sure about his one.
* Ifrit's betrayal and the Line of Lucis: I'm assuming cutscenes that explain why Noct is fated to die through his family line and how Ifrit caused the Starscourge. Ifrit is like every other villain sans Ardyn in the game, he just didn't have screentime.
* Playable characters: Addressed already through Long-Term goals.
* Upgrades: We are getting a bestiary and chapter select finally. I think new spells are finally being added with Comrades (Protect, etc), which may carry over to the main game, while Armiger abilities we have yet to see. Actually letting us accept more than 1 hunt?

Lastly, things we, as fans, want to see:
* A Kingsglaive and Brotherhood adaption in to the main game: I think most can agree that KG and Brotherhood should not have been expedited out of the main game in order to save time. Both however would require likely a large expanse of Insomnia to be fully rendered and would need to have Nyx become a playable character (which could be worked form the Comrades gameplay) for KG. One thing I've suggested is that Brotherhood should be in the form of optional cutscenes in the game when you are doing the personal missions with your bros's. A simple, 1-2 minute cutscene everytime you complete a mission with them will show you Noct becoming friends with Prompto at school, training with Gladio and meeting Iris, and his relationship with Ignis.
Another big thing here is having repercussions of these scenarios to the main game. A big issue is that KG and Brotherhood feel largely disjointed from the game, not only because they are different forms of media, but also because nothing really happens with them after. Brotherhood does it better, as Noct often talks about some of the stuff he used to do with his friends back in Insomnia, but barely anything in KG really pools over into Noctis's story. This mainly includes Glauca, who killed Clarus, Regis and Nyx, all of whom are people close to Gladio, Noctis and Ignis. We don't see Glauca die, which is why I think this is an important connection to improving the story, and why the KG fallout did not seem all that important. He should be incorporated into several sections of the main game, perhaps even a surprise appearance in Chapter 13 before or after you fight Ravus, since all 3 of these party members are together then.
This would also help Luna's screentime, given that she could be a supporting party member to Nyx (if Episode Luna is a thing, this would make this infinitely easier into including her as party member), as well as Ravus's, who had more screentime in that movie than he does in the game. As a matter of fact, it also gives a little more for Iedolas and Ardyn as well. Just including KG into the main story would fix a whole slew of story issues.
* Opening up Insomnia, Accordo, Galahd, and various parts of Niflheim with added content: all of these things were addressed before, save for Gralea. I've always enjoyed the concept of Infinite Dungeons in RPG's. I personally believe Insomnia and Gralea would make perfect ones for it. Though they'd be "Finite", they'd be so inherently large that they'd feel infinite. Though, this concept seems to be pretty ridiculous for FFXV so lets just say actually making certain parts of each city playable would be nice. Accordo has so much more than Altissia, we never get to explore its cliffs or other islands, even though there are designs for everything. Same thing with Galahd. Other parts of Niflheim were discussed before, perhaps part of the Comrades DLC will take place there.
* Provide easier requirements for Summons: I dont think i need to say much here, only that my entire playthrough, I only summoned Ramuh, except 1 specific time where Titan was summoned instead. It is not easy to summon them. They can also be nerfed if its easier to summon them, clearing battles isn't a necessity.
* Making Bahamut and Ifrit actually summonable: Self-explanatory. Both post game- so potentially you don't need to have lore/story reasons for them being in the summon pool.
* Cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes: Plays along with the Mid-term goal, but we seriously need much more explanation cutscenes about everyone and everything in this game. The starscourge, Noct's relationship with Luna and his father, as well as his friends. Ardyn's past, Luna's whole event after KG, whatever Ravus was up to before and after his sister died, and Aranea, Verstael, and Iedolas in general. Tabata has already acknowledged this though, so I'm sure we will in the future.
* More Villain Bossfights: We fought Loqi once, and you think he is dead until endgame. Caligo gets gimped. Ravus gets dickteased in chapter 5, only to never really get fought throughout the main game until the end. Iedolas became a monster bossfight in Ch 13 v.2 so I guess thats fine. Verstael should have had more of a presence I feel like, not only in Episode Prompto. Aranea got one good fight before she became an ally so thats fine. Ardyn is fought once at the end.
Ravus is rumored to be a bossfight in Altissia, but should have been fought in Chapter 5 and potentially in Chapter 12 when you go to Tenebrae (if there was a dungeon there). The man lost his sister, but we never really get to see where his anger was directed. Most importantly, Ardyn needed another bossfight at the end of the game. Perhaps you actually fight the Starscourge itself. I guess nothing can be done about Verstael and Iedolas, but Loqi and Caligo both should have gotten recurring villainous roles during the bro's adventures.
Lastly, as I've said before, this includes Glauca....I like Glauca

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
first of all, they can only do so much for a game that's already out, obviously they don't have infinite resources so our options here are limited at best.

to fix the main game they would need to actually tweak things on the base game, not outside of it, that's why i think all the episodes should be available inside the course of the main story as optional paths.

my priority list would be anything that adds lore and world-building to the game, so Ardyn, Ifrit's betrayal and the line of Lucis would be all welcome; since Luna is a rather uninteresting character (because of her predictable and ideal persona) on paper for me, im not sure anymore if she's my priority.

about new maps, if they include them with the episodes on the base game, great. personally tho, i'd wish they patched the base game with more npcs, interesting quests, lore books or texts aka world-building.

when it comes to gameplay, i think the game is too easy and the battle system lacks a tactical feel; add hard mode, limited potions, options to control directly or indirectly the other characters, give a stronger sense of role for each member gladio = tank, noctis = dps, ignis = support, etc..

I'd definitely want Ifrit and Bahamut as summons (tho having Ifrit wouldn't make much sense), in regards to playable characters, having the bros, aranea, cor, or iris playable, i think that would be fun and add replay value for their respective chapters.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
Agreed, more and more I want them to do an "international" type update where we get a slew of new content when they are ready to show it. I'd rather not have dlc episodes for everything either, hopefully post ignis is a mix of actual patched content and some DLC for things that didnt directly affect the main story's quality. Ex: 2nd half of the games story should be free, including new sections, if that is what they are intending. Playable characters and side stories I would agree with a DLC model.

Though, most importantly, I would like to see everything incorporated into the main story of you have the DLC (a prompt to save the game where you are at and continue the characters DLC, and bring back some additional benefits to the team) and being able to switch characters. Gladiolus and Prompto handle their weapons way different than Noct does with them. Its a shame we cant play as them in the bigger open world atm because their uniqueness is limited to 2-3 hour side content. Hopefully they expand combat stuff with all 3 as well if they ever allow switching.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
first of all, they can only do so much for a game that's already out, obviously they don't have infinite resources so our options here are limited at best.
This. I've seen various people going overboard with asking for content that may not be feasible in a practical sense, which would just set someone up for disappointment i feel. There is also the fact that decisions have to be met with a consensus rather than by a single person in a team.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
This. I've seen various people going overboard with asking for content that may not be feasible in a practical sense, which would just set someone up for disappointment i feel. There is also the fact that decisions have to be met with a consensus rather than by a single person in a team.
Oh don't worry I have my expectations managed. This list isn't supposed to all inclusive, just a list about what can be done. But I agree with Storm's*** post over everything. Comrades is a first great step. We'll see what we get. (I agree with Nova too!)

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
resources are clearly divided between what the core fans want, and what casuals or potential buyers want and mix this with a lot of experimentation in their marketing ideas and products.

see the new AC event, which is great, but i won't lie, as a core fan i'd rather see those cutscenes and dub work (and additional exploration) put on something meaningful; on the other hand i know the value that something like that have for more casual fans, and events like those actually can help players sticking around so they can buy the dlcs and so more dlcs can be made due to that.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Lol if Loqi has some good story material can we treat it as Canon?
well, it doesn't look like a dream, the story this time is real i think; you got the gang with cindy trying to resolve something in the city while niflheim shows up in the festival; if it's good i'll treat as canon lol

edit: i forgot to say, but there's one thing i'd love them to change, which is the cheap-beta looking hud.

Last edited: