Looks like FF Type-0 has completely flopped in Japan.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I'm sure while doing sales projections, things like economic conditions, seasonal sales spikes, PSP version, PS4 install base were considered. The only question is what was the target number and is SE happy with current results? The numbers aren't good so probably not.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I'm sure while doing sales projections, things like economic conditions, seasonal sales spikes, PSP version, PS4 install base were considered. The only question is what was the target number and is SE happy with current results? The numbers aren't good so probably not.
Considering it has only sold 105K of its original 150K shipment in two weeks, I don't think it met expectations. As I've mentioned in the OP, Amazon.co.jp are already selling it at 50% off. They're selling it at 40% cheaper than the RRP of FFVII ACC with FFXIII demo when it launched in April 2009.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
We could only say that FF Type-0 sales were poor if SE were to provide us their sales projections, making a direct comparison between its orignal PSP sales isn´t very accuarate.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I don't even think the Japanese sales matter as much for Type-0 HD to be honest, Tabata has been very clear this release is only because of the demand for an international release.
Tabata is also a creator and not a business guy so it doesn't really matter what he says. It's not even his problem.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
True, but it's still their reason for it. No way they would have remastered Type-0 if there was an international release on PSP.
Well of course not but that didn't happen cause PSP was dead in the west and PSVita needed more market share too.

Since handhelds weren't a good option at the time, they decided to do some HD experiments, suggesting that they were going to be bringing it to home consoles.

And from the looks of it, they really had no choice but to make it an 8th generation title.

PS3 remasters in the west sold at retail apparently require to be bundled with another title (otherwise Type-0 HD probably would have come to PS3 and why titles like FFX/FFX-2 HD and KH 1.5 and 2.5 were not standalone titles). The Final Fantasy audience isn’t on Xbox and Type-0 doesn’t target Nintendo’s family friendly demographic. Making it online only would mean missing out on retail sales.

So PS4 and XB1 it is.

Why remaster it? Because ugly looking games aren’t why people invest in a Microsoft and Sony home console. They needed to make it look somewhat pleasant. In addition, the FFXV demo, an 8th generation looking game, was used as a strong incentive to get people to buy Type-0 as well.

There's always been high demand for this game since the PSP version launched in Japan. It's not really smart though to make a business decision based on the number of loud voices on the Internet. If money didn't matter, it would have already been out on PSP(or all platforms) and old news.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw a deja vu in here xD
I think we all did.
Wait... You guys think I'm the same guy that made that FFXVI speculation thread? Wow! I'm actually flattered. I don't want to take credit for his investigative work, so I should probably make it clear right now that I'm not him. As another poster pointed out, he seems to have been advocating Ito directing FFXVI for years now. Me on the other hand, I only found out Ito was still working at Square Enix via Deadman's Cross releasing on Vita a few weeks ago. We're honestly not even on the same page in regards to knowledge on Square Enix staff.

I don't even think the Japanese sales matter as much for Type-0 HD to be honest, Tabata has been very clear this release is only because of the demand for an international release.
People need to stop sugar coating the low Japanese sales. Of course they matter much for Type-0 HD. It came with a 4 hour playable demo of the next mainline FF and Square Enix had a huge advertising campaign promoting this. Therefore, these sales can be used to assess public demand/interest for FFXV, not just Type-0 HD. Had it sold more, it would be possible to ascertain that FFXV was on track to sell many copies in Japan. As it stands now, FFXV looks on track to to sell way less than FFXIII did.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
That's not something to be flattered over...
After reading his FFXVI thread, it actually is something to be flattered over. That thread is the best FF speculation thread I've read in a very, very long time. It wasn't even blind speculation, but instead had loads of supporting evidence. The way he brought all those points together to indicate Ito was likely directing FFXVI was well done and an educating read for me.

I don't know what he did to make him so hated on this forum, but I can see that whatever his fallout with you guys was, it was enough to make him leave and never come back. Having said that, does anybody know where he now posts? I'd like to see if he's uncovered more evidence that supports Ito directing FFXVI.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
After reading his FFXVI thread, it actually is something to be flattered over. That thread is the best FF speculation thread I've read in a very, very long time. It wasn't even blind speculation, but instead had loads of supporting evidence. The way he brought all those points together to indicate Ito was likely directing FFXVI was well done and an educating read for me.

I don't know what he did to make him so hated on this forum, but I can see that whatever his fallout with you guys was, it was enough to make him leave and never come back. Having said that, does anybody know where he now posts? I'd like to see if he's uncovered more evidence that supports Ito directing FFXVI.
I don't think he posts anywhere now, he's even set his Twitter to private. Lol.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
I don't think he posts anywhere now, he's even set his Twitter to private. Lol.
Yeah, I noticed that his Twitter account is on private. I've sent him a follow request, anyway. It would be a shame if he stopped posting about this matter completely, as I honestly don't see anybody else taking over where he left off. Maybe he only posts updates on his Twitter account now? Guess I'll find out soon enough.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

He INSULTED people, it's been stated a few times here what he's done around here and how he has twisted things to better suit his argument. He's very vulgar in language and he has mocked people and talked down to them. Again, it's not at all something to be flattered over, it's very coincidental that you have many people reminded of 1truth (myself included) and it's quite eerie to say the least. Nevertheless, it's not really a compliment, unless you want to be associated with someone generally regarded as a troll and who has belittled and insulted people on the forums to the point where he effectively was driven out by community members alone getting tired of his hostility.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
He INSULTED people, it's been stated a few times here what he's done around here and how he has twisted things to better suit his argument. He's very vulgar in language and he has mocked people and talked down to them. Again, it's not at all something to be flattered over, it's very coincidental that you have many people reminded of 1truth (myself included) and it's quite eerie to say the least. Nevertheless, it's not really a compliment, unless you want to be associated with someone generally regarded as a troll and who has belittled and insulted people on the forums to the point where he effectively was driven out by community members alone getting tired of his hostility.
It got that far? Wow. I knew he hated XV and was the biggest Ito fanboy ever and liked to make things sound like Ito was making XVI but wow.

BrokenHeart

PSICOM Soldier
Mar 16, 2015
A lot of what you just posted is untrue, though. I think you're taking advantage of 1Truth2Lies not being here to defend himself. I just read his entire post history on this forum (he only made 123 posts, so didn't take me long) and I don't see any of your complaints. You're definitely twisting history here, and I've seen far worse trolls on internet forums. Out of all his posts/threads here, I never saw him twist info to suit his needs. All his stuff was always accompanied by a valid URL sources where available and he then applied that info to his belief that Ito was making FFXVI. I also saw no vulgar language from him unless he's been offended beforehand. He never outright posted a thread with vulgar language; not once. He only made replies to users with vulgar language when he was provoked. The same applies with him mocking or talking down to other users; he only did these when provoked. Going by his post history, it seems you all gave him a very hard time here, not the other way around. It's no surprise he packed up and left. I wouldn't say you guys drove him out, but rather he was the bigger man and walked away saying, "This just isn't worth it. I'm out."

This brings me to the recent accusation of sounding like I'm 1Truth2Lies. If I really remind you that much of him, it might be best that I don't join this forum. If he left due to the manner of you guys responded to his threads, even when he made excellent threads like that FFXVI one, I doubt I'll get pleasant responses either.

This will be my last post on the 1Truth2Lies issue, anyway. I don't want to derail my own thread. However, I strongly believe it was a mistake to lose a user that was really keen and passionate about assimilating and presenting info on Ito potentially directing FFXVI. As it currently stands, you have nobody else to fill in where he left off. That's not a good thing, in my opinion.

It got that far? Wow. I knew he hated XV and was the biggest Ito fanboy ever and liked to make things sound like Ito was making XVI but wow.
Going by his post history, it never got that far. Not even close to it, in fact. People are merely trying to make him sound like a worse poster than he was.

Last edited:

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
A lot of what you just posted is untrue, though. I think you're taking advantage of 1Truth2Lies not being here to defend himself. I just read his entire post history on this forum (he only made 123 posts, so didn't take me long) and I don't see any of your complaints. You're definitely twisting history here, and I've seen far worse trolls on internet forums. Out of all his posts/threads here, I never saw him twist info to suit his needs. All his stuff was always accompanied by a valid URL sources where available and he then applied that info to his belief that Ito was making FFXVI. I also saw no vulgar language from him unless he's been offended beforehand. He never outright posted a thread with vulgar language; not once. He only made replies to users with vulgar language when he was provoked. The same applies with him mocking or talking down to other users; he only did these when provoked. Going by his post history, it seems you all gave him a very hard time here, not the other way around. It's no surprise he packed up and left. I wouldn't say you guys drove him out, but rather he was the bigger man and walked away saying, "This just isn't worth it. I'm out."

This brings me to the recent accusation of sounding like I'm 1Truth2Lies. If I really remind you that much of him, it might be best that I don't join this forum. If he left due to the manner of you guys responded to his threads, even when he made excellent threads like that FFXVI one, I doubt I'll get pleasant responses either.

This will be my last post on the 1Truth2Lies issue, anyway. I don't want to derail my own thread. However, I strongly believe it was a mistake to lose a user that was really keen and passionate about assimilating and presenting info on Ito potentially directing FFXVI. As it currently stands, you have nobody else to fill in where he left off. That's not a good thing, in my opinion.

Going by his post history, it never got that far. Not even close to it, in fact. People are merely trying to make him sound like a worse poster than he was.
You know? Every time you try to defend him just makes it more suspicious that you could in fact be him (or close to him, or whatever). It's a very weird thing for somebody to have so much attraction to another user so to read each and every post he wrote and then start defending him on an Internet forum. I've been on the net for 20 years by now, and it's the first time I see something like this.

But anyways, whether you're him or not, I don't really care that much to be honest (though it remains highly suspicious :p).

About Type-0, I think it's not an unexpected thing if it didn't reach its goals on Japan. That game was made for handhelds and when you play it on PS4 it's pretty clear it was born on PSP. The way the game it's structured, the way you go through missions, how the story is presented, the sub-HD textures, etc. That, plus that in Japan this game is available since 2011, makes it very clear that there's not the hunger for this game as there was anywhere else, where this game was not released.

Aside from that, the game it's a good game, but it's not the best FF out there.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Wow, now even I am starting to think you're actually him.
But what can a mere fanboy such as myself know of your unbiased ways?
You know? Every time you try to defend him just makes it more suspicious that you could in fact be him (or close to him, or whatever). It's a very weird thing for somebody to have so much attraction to another user so to read each and every post he wrote and then start defending him on an Internet forum. I've been on the net for 20 years by now, and it's the first time I see something like this.
Now I know! He's actually 1Truth's Nobody.
What? It makes sense to me...:chocowalk:

(now serious) Do we have any information on Type-0 HD's sales in the west?