MEGA SPOILERS! FFXV Story Summary (complete)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Thank you both of you, and Jesus Christ that chart is a disaster... Spelling Clarus wrong is one thing, but using the wrong image as well?

Yup, and the hilarious part about that chart is that they use Clarus's old design and not his kingsglaive one.
The thing is, Clarus' design exists in the old Versus trailer, so either they decided not to use it and use the other design for Clarus, or it wasn't ever supposed to be Clarus.

They didn't even have a picture of Sylva which does exist from the Kingsglaive document which shows a character chart... what a joke.

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
The thing is, Clarus' design exists in the old Versus trailer, so either they decided not to use it and use the other design for Clarus, or it wasn't ever supposed to be Clarus.
I am pretty sure that man is Clarus. Even in King's Tale, he has that same mullet that Gladio has. It's only in Kingsglaive that he looks different.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I watched that yesterday.

Quite an interesting video. SonOfEtro is right in that such info should be taken with a grain of salt.

I do understand the disappointment since the potential as described within sounded phenomenal. And coming from Peasant himself, who is a huge fan, it goes to show that even the most hardcore fans can see issues with the story.

If I recall correctly, Tabata and the team at Square know who Peasant is and even offered to send him an early copy of the game (to which he refused because he wanted to play the game live for his subscribers)

I have a feeling Square will catch wind of this video and give it a watch. Gives us a lot to ponder over.

However this still leaves the problem of people having unrealistic expectations upon Square for what to add.

Since the game is already out, they can only add or extend scenes as opposed to redoing scenes completely. It would make sense for some things (such as the Red Moon and Tenebrae) to be rewritten again to fit with what is in the final disc version of the game.

Once we get to Tenebrae, the city is already burning. I don't think they can make it so that the city is fine when we arrive since the former has already been established.

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74741116

guy played with german subs and said that ardyn links the plague to the meteors that have fallen, which is not mentioned in the english translation.

tho i don't think this makes much sense, the meteor in lestallum is providing energy to the last haven in lucis, that would be the first place to crawl with beasts if that was the case, since it stands extremely close to the city.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74741116

guy played with german subs and said that ardyn links the plague to the meteors that have fallen, which is not mentioned in the english translation.

tho i don't think this makes much sense, the meteor in lestallum is providing energy to the last haven in lucis, that would be the first place to crawl with beasts if that was the case, since it stands extremely close to the city.
In guidebook they mentioned that the Ifrit released this parasite daemon virus, maybe he is the one who is responsible for meteorites.
Also that water crate in Altissia was created due to meteor too.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Meteorites, parasites, plagues... reminds me of FF7 Jenova (calamity from the skies) and the plague in Advent Children lol

I'm ok with this since it's a different take on it.

Mmmm all these lore pieces. Something to look forward to again xD

It's interesting how, from what I've heard, the German dub is extremely close to the original Japanese script, with English missing the mark in some places.

For example I've heard that on the train, before Gentiana reveals that she is Shiva, Ardyn says "That was the face you wore the day you died" in the German version but in the English version the last part was cut out.

Another example was Ardyn wasn't referred to as the "usurper" in the German game but as something else completely different but don't remember right now.

One word can make all the difference between fully understanding and confusion it seems.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
And if it's that easy for humans to change name, then if the literal Messiah or whatever god may or may not exist that we can compare to the gods of Eos stepped down from up on high and said "Your name is now Jesusson", then I don't think there's much arguing to be done unless you wanna invite the wrath of some higher power.
While this is an older post, I feel the need to point out that this is... not something without precedent in real world religions. xD Two of the most notable examples are Abraham (born Abram) and Peter (born Cephas), both of whom got new names to reflect their roles.

With regards to the Ardyn situation in particular, though, I've got a headcanon that "Izunia" either effectuated or validated his name change by marrying (or having his own kid marry) Ardyn's descendant, because it'd allow Noct to be descended from Ardyn, be fitting as a parallel to Noct, and give Ardyn even more of a reason to be angry.