MEVIUS FINAL FANTASY

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

One of the ways the company hopes to achieve this is with its staff. The game’s being produced by Yoshinori Kitase, a veteran of Final Fantasy VII, X and XIII, while it’s being written by Kazushige Nojima, most famous for his work writing Final Fantasy VII. The character designs are coming from Toshiyuki Itahana, the man responsible for the more light-hearted designs of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and much of Final Fantasy IX. Assisting this well-known trio is a development team of “unprecedented” size for a mobile title. With this crew, Kitase tells Famitsu he hopes to recreate the feeling of a console Final Fantasy on mobile.
Pretty impressive, what do you guys think? Personally, the scans look impressive, I'm looking forward to it, but not a big mobile person...

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/12/square-enix-reveals-mevius-final-fantasy-for-mobile-devices/

XvoltaireX

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 28, 2014
My problem on the design isn't with the fact that he's half naked. That isn't new to Jrpgs. His overall look just seems tacky, in my opinion. But hey, i'll get over it.

Mobile does not repulse me as it does a lot of people here, so I'm open to whatever it is they think a console-quality Final Fantasy game on mobile is. I've played Oceanhorn on iOS, and it's games like that from developers who actually put in the effort to create something memorable and worth playing on your iPhones or iPads that convince me that mobile is not an inherently bad platform providing you give good thought to the touch interface.

Though having said that, I'd still rather Square take a leaf out of so many indie developers' books and release this not only on mobile, but across all available digital platforms. It may defeat the purpose(?) of Mevius's pitch - to make a console-like RPG for mobile - but it would be the best way to ensure maximum exposure and success, no? I don't run this company, so what do I know.

slpturtle

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 16, 2013
Well Jump Festa is over and I thought that we would get info on this during that time considering it comes out in spring 2015 for Japan. But it didn't any ideas when they will share info on this game? honestly not a fan of mobile games but this looks good and they are definitely putting effort into it. Potentially it could turn out to be something special, or just fall flat on its face with superficial words like "console-like"

Regardless I'm pretty intrigued with this and really looking forward to more information.