Must see - about Prompto

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

really interesting video about the fact his was an MT.

anyway, i like him a lot as a character; the way he's always cheerful and goofy makes me think he's trying to convince himself he's human and alive and not an MT.

also, he's being an MT explains how he got the magitek spear in the leviathan chase in the first place; prompto really surprised me, i hope the dlc delivers.

edit: i'm not totally convinced verstal is his father, the guide links prompto to him but it might be just because verstael created the magiteks.

Last edited:

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
He's not a MT. The English localization is simply off.
In Japanese all he says is that he's born in Niflheim (literally: "I'm a Niflheimian"), says nothing about him being an MT. No idea why on earth the English localization claims such a thing.

Him being born in Niflheim is further backed up by the guide explicitly stating that Verstal is his biological father.

It's one thing for the bro's to brush him being born in Niflheim with "doesn't matter where you came from, you're one of us". But it's a whole other thing to hear that your close friend is some sort of robot/demon thingy and then to not care at all. Not because they need to treat him differently, but because they should be concerned about Prompto's well-being. Like, does he have full control over himself. How long will he live. How's his health. And 99 more of such questions.

Brushing it off that Prompto is an MT makes absolutely no sense. That's because he actually says he's simply from Niflheim.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
I'm really looking forward to the DLC digging deeper into their stories. I love these characters.

I just really wish they'd make such DLC for Ardyn, Luna and Ravus as well. Heck, even for Iris and Araedna. Not necessarily playable, but more background and lore on them.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
anyway, about prompto's identity, what about the code he got in his arm? he managed to unlock the door with that.

seems weird this difference in the script, even ardyn teased noctis about this subject.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
In the end it's merely a tattoo on his arm. Without further info on his and Niflheim's background, we won't know whether perhaps all Niflheim soldiers/citizens (whether they're human or not) receive such a tag or whether only MT's do.

If it was some sort of complicated chip inside of him or some sort of special power, I'd say it implies that he's an MT. But a tattoo is too superficial in order for it to be a definitive answer to the mystery.