New Mognet Adjustments: August '15

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Hello all! :chocowalk:

So, with Trade Show season over, I've finally taken the time our today to update the boards quite a bit. Here's what's changed - our patch notes, if you will...

If you have suggestions, please drop them into the Suggestion Thread over in The Front Gate forum; we are watching and will action any we can.

Site Changes
  • We're now on a new version of the board back-end software, and you should all notice a general improvement across the board to how it performs. Hooray for that, and whatnot.
  • I've fixed major design issues on the Mognet Central Dark skin. (Thanks @Jenova, @Azuardo, for your reports.)
  • There have been major tweaks to the UFFSite V4 Classic skin for performance and prettiness.
  • Minor tweaks to the Mognet Central Flat & Mognet Central Basic skins for performance/ease of use.
  • I've made some changes to the radio player and the available streams on the Mognet Central Radio page - you can now access the stream in 128kbps, Stereo - equal quality to the average MP3. It sounds really crisp and nice now, so I hope you enjoy it. I've also added a number of new CDs I picked up to the rotation, including things like Cure SQ, the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn OST, and the music from Killer Instinct Season 2, among others.
  • We now have full Steam Integration on all accounts; you can link your steam profile to your account fully (and via that even log in with your steam account if you prefer) via the 'External Accounts' page on Mognet's user account section. We're fully hooked into Valve and don't see any of your info - it's all safe. Via this, we can now see what games you own and award trophies for owning SE/FF games on Steam - but more on that in a bit...
  • This is a bit boring, but we now have a new back-end engine providing the ads that users see on Mognet. All this means for you guys is you'll see even less ads. Guests see ads, however.
  • I've added a link to the User Account Menu (hover over your name in the top bar) so you can easily see how many trophy points you have, plus a link to the page where you can see all the ones you've earned.
  • I've reset the timer to count down to PAX Prime, where we'll (maybe) get new FF15 info.

New Trophies
All our Trophies can be seen, of course, on the Trophy Page. I can't stress enough that the Steam ones will not pop immediately and will take a little time to come up. Please be patient for a few days as we slowly break this system in.

There are more trophies to come very soon, as well as a reshuffle of the user title system they're linked to. What would you like to see, Trophy and title wise? Please let us know.

• Piped in to Valve -
    You've fully associated your Steam ID with your Mognet Log In via the 'External Accounts' section of your profile.
  • Job Changer - You own a copy of Final Fantasy III on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • Spoony Bard - You own a copy of Final Fantasy IV on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • Eco Warrior - You own a copy of Final Fantasy VII on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • SeeD Graduate - You own a copy of Final Fantasy VIII on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • l'Cie - You own a copy of Final Fantasy XIII on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • Future Changer - You own a copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Steam, and have linked your account to Mognet.
  • 1000 Words (or more) - You've made 1000 posts - hopefully of more than a word each - in Mognet's Final Fantasy forums. You must know all the lyrics by now...
  • Google Connected - You've connected your Google Account to Mognet - you can log in with it now!
  • Dark Times - You've tried out the Mognet Central Dark forum skin for a while.
  • The Good Old Days - You've tried out the UFFSite V4 Classic skin. Feels like 2004, doesn't it?

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the update, Alex!

I owned all the games listed above but since I don't own them on Steam, and have no intention to, I guess I won't get those trophies ever... le sigh...

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I wish there was a way to link into other stores (PSN, SE Store, etc) but as of now there's just no way for us to automatically link into their API as there is for Steam. Maybe one day though...

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
As part of our ongoing changes to emphasize user 'progression', I have added Messages, Likes Received and Trophy Points under each user's avatar in all posts. You can also click the Trophy Point count in order to see exactly what trophies they have.

Sep 26, 2013
The quick reply feature doesn't seem to be working for me now. Can't write any text on it.

*edit* But this doesn't seem to be a issue under UFFSite V4 classic skin. I have this problem under default.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
@Squirrel Emperor Okay, I've managed to fix this, but you'll have to pick a 'new' variant of that skin, which (just to note!) is no longer the default. Hit the Style Chooser and pick Mognet Central Basic. That'll fix it.

I've also adjusted the skin descriptions to reflect that Mognet Central Flat is the current default theme.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I've made a few major skin adjustments today:
  1. The Mognet Central Flat skin (the default skin) will now default to 90% of whatever your window width is unless it's in responsive (IE on mobile), allowing people with larger monitors to see more forum for your screen real estate.
  2. For those who preferred the set width, I've added the "Mognet Central Flat [Slim Ver.]" skin, which keeps the set width design.
  3. I've ordered the skins in the Style Chooser so that you can see which is the default more easily: http://www.mognetcentral.com/misc/style

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
New Trophy:
  • Last of the Red Wings:
    You own a copy of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on Steam, and have linked your Steam account to Mognet.
As you might've guessed, ones for FF14 and Type-0 HD will be coming soon.