New Mognet Adjustments (June '15)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Hey folks,

Just heads up as to some new fixes and adjustments:
  • A bug in trophies not being awarded in some circumstances has been fixed.
  • Major speed tweaks have been made to the boards - they should be running much faster now!
  • I've made some bug fix and visual enjoyment changes to the UFFSite V4 Classic Mognet Style. Check it out!
More changes to come. Suggestions and comments welcomed :D

:chocowalk:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I've gotta say APZonerunner, I've been impressed by Mognet Central. Even though I've worked at one of the biggest KH fan-sites since 2010, this is the most positive Square Enix forum/community I've ever been on.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I thought I should let you know since this has been happening for sometime now, but the avatars that are featured on this site don't seem to work. When I choose one I get an error, saying that the file size is to big.

I'm using my own pic uploaded from my laptop now, but I thought this should get some attention. :)

Cadet

Yevonite
Jan 16, 2015
Duscae Region
I thought I should let you know since this has been happening for sometime now, but the avatars that are featured on this site don't seem to work. When I choose one I get an error, saying that the file size is to big.

I'm using my own pic uploaded from my laptop now, but I thought this should get some attention. :)
Yes, it does seem to be a problem.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net

Huh. Taking a look at this now, thanks.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net

This bug is fixed! Apologies. I've added some new Avatars too as a bonus. :happymog:

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Hey folks! Here's some more new changes for February!

• A countdown timer! It's a simple little thing, but we'll be using this to count down to top events for us, especially in such a busy year! Currently it's counting down to the first time FF Type-0 HD and FF15 demo will be available to the wider public. Got a suggestion for something to count down to? @ me in and we'll consider it! You can find this on the front page.
  • The radio is now a link in the top header. Open this page in a second tab or something and you can listen freely while you browse! This page will be overhauled & improved over time, too.
  • New Sprites! We've added a few more to the hall-of-fame that are our sprites. New are Firion :firion:, Black & White Mages :blackmagesp: :whitemagesp:, Red XIII :red13: and Balthier. :balthiers:
  • New Ad Stuff - Basically this doesn't impact any of you guys, but lurkers who don't log in and are just here to gaze longingly at our discussions will see some extra ads, since we have bills to pay. They disappear for anybody logged in.
  • General bugfixes and updates.
  • Steam Integration! This means you can now actually fully associate your Steam profile with your Mognet profile. This means you can log in with your Steam details, or see Steam stuff on your actual profile page. Head to the 'External Accounts' page to associate your Steam Account with your Mognet Account (here you can also associate with Twitter, Google & Facebook)! This doesn't do' much yet, but if you associate your accounts with Mognet I promise we can do some pretty cool stuff down the line, so do it! It's all safe, secure, and going through Valve's official API.
  • A new Skin, Mognet Flat. This is a contender for our new default skin - do you think it'd fit for that? Let us know! Remember, you can change this by hovering over your name and hitting the Visual Styles Button, or finding the visual styles link at the bottom left of the page. Here's a picture of the former:

More changes to come, as ever. Suggestions, bugs, complains - holler at us!

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
How bout integrating Member's twitch accounts so that if any of us were to live-stream particular games like the soon to be played Type-0 HD & FFXV demo, the forum could somehow have a small section to advertize it?
That and or perhaps even youtube. I generally watch LPs on there like hcbailly and tetraninja

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Twitch I can do actually on a per-member basis, adding specific members to an 'approved list' that'd appear on a Twitch page, so I can probably action that in coming weeks leading up to Type-0 and XV. I'll work on that. YouTube may be a little harder, but will look into it...

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
New to Mognet This Week:
  • I've changed the countdown timer from FF Type-0's release - now it's happened - to E3 2015! Here we go again...
  • We now have an IRC Chat Room. You can access it via the Chat Page, also linked in the header. It's quiet right now, but we hope some of you will join us via the embedded chat on that page or by using the details there in a downloaded client for some FF chat!
  • We've also bought back the Live Streams listing. Do you stream on Twitch? If you're a regular Mognet user, send us your username and we'll make it so your streams are listed here on Mognet when you're live!
Please feel free to fire any suggestions into this thread, we always want to improve. :happymog:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
New to Mognet This Week:
  • I've changed the countdown timer from FF Type-0's release - now it's happened - to E3 2015! Here we go again...
  • We now have an IRC Chat Room. You can access it via the Chat Page, also linked in the header. It's quiet right now, but we hope some of you will join us via the embedded chat on that page or by using the details there in a downloaded client for some FF chat!
  • We've also bought back the Live Streams listing. Do you stream on Twitch? If you're a regular Mognet user, send us your username and we'll make it so your streams are listed here on Mognet when you're live!
Please feel free to fire any suggestions into this thread, we always want to improve. :happymog:
Not Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4? :p

I've actually already pre-ordered it. Hahahaha.