Nomura draws Sora

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah Nomura's a beast. I like most of his character designs. KH, Parasite Eve, WEWY, FF7, 10, 8.
I don't even like Rinoa, but I'd wear a boy-version of her clothes in a heartbeat.
And it's not just his art I like. I like his love for martial arts in his games. Some of the fight in KH2 were as good as watching Advent Children (also Nomura related).
Am I a fanboy of Nomura. I don't think so. I like his work. I respect his drive and vision. But he's made mistakes. I can't get behind his usual over-focusing on males for example. While that's not a "mistake" it's not to my liking. I disagree with centralizing focus on one gender, race, or life choice.
I hope as KH continues beyond KH3 (if it can, things have been dark in SE for a while not when it comes to Nomura) I hope he remembers the modest draws and sketching like this that started things. How Sora was "born" as a characters. There always seemed like a lot of heart went into the character. Corny though he may be at time, I never hated him. Never saw him as dumb. Just a teen who loved a girl he wasn't sure he was worthy of, and accidentally saves the universe in place of the would-be hero who was corrupted.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Nomura has always been an inspiration for me. He seems to be somewhat reserved compared to other artist I've followed, so it's great to finally see his actually process.
Much like industry artists like Yoji Shinkawa, his art style has very unique and distinctive qualities. Which really contribute to making his best designs more iconic.

I really wish SE would release an "Art of Tetsuya Nomura" book or something. I'm sure there's even more art and concepts that never see the light of day. Especially since he never shows off his art outside of company affairs.