Ok, Here we go.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
My blood boiled when arch-neocon Blair opened his mouth about the need to dedicate ground troops again, and when places like the Telegraph said he was right. Thanks, Blair! I'm sure our actions 11 years ago did not contribute anything at all to this current crisis, and I'm sure sacrificing a tonne of more young men and women will finally and indubitably defeat terrorism once and for all in the long term. No, no, no! None of them will be your own family members, kin or acquaintances. You can comfortably cash in on whatever farce you're up to these days while you call for people to stroll to their deaths as casually as one uses a windscreen wiper on a rainy afternoon.

Once again we have absolutely no strategy beyond BOMB BOMB BOMB.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
^ Nail on the head. Ultimately, it is again the rich and corporate elite who profit from war, and those are exactly who the governments serve. It's amusing how all these supposed opposing parties back each other up. Labour is fully behind Cameron's war. In the end, what choice do we have? It doesn't matter who is in power. We have absolutely no say in the matter. Voting becomes pointless. It is but a mask to make you feel like you are living in a democracy, but you aren't. Where is the choice? Where are the real, genuine alternatives? If anything, the Scotland No vote, the Murdoch press lying to our faces about climate change and more, and recent kickstarting of war in the Middle East again only serves to make me want to vote Welsh independence or Green - and even then, it will do nothing to change who is in power.

An uprising is about all I can think of. Without violence, of course. But just how? :/

524 to 43. A majority of 481 in favour of war.

Kudos to the MPs who weren't so easily cajolled into signing up for war when our strategy is so laughably paper thin. And I'm sure that Scotland would have turned this down.

Libya was great, wasn't it? Or were we supposed to forget about that one? It's not exactly paradise over there now, and I'd be embarrassed to the tits if I knew I played any part in that one. How much money went into that one? How much money will go into this?

Ah, who cares. Who needs to spend money on needed public services?

Ohhh, Cassetteboy, when will you stop being awesome?

I just watched Frankie Boyle's referendum autopsy show on BBC iPlayer last night. Having not seen that guy in a long while (since Mock the Week all those years ago), I pretty much fell on the floor laughing. I know he and the BBC have this Cold War between them going on, but the latter should honestly give him more work. Two of the three major points that Frankie said about the referendum I agree with:

- The mainstream media are a bunch of lying bastards
- The relationship between England and Scotland will be a pitiless hole of hatred and despair (to paraphrase)

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Ugh, not 2 weeks into living in Japan and I've already met my first mukade (centipede). Not a house centipede, but a scolopendra subspinipes, maybe 4 inches/10 cm.

Little shit is hiding under my bed right now, and I'd rather it not bite me (don't want to go to the hospital...)... so hopefully it will stay that way until I can ask my host family what to do. I already stripped the blankets off my bed so it won't hide in them. I'm not really equipped to try and catch it myself. It must have crawled in because of all the rain earlier this week.

Phoenix

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
So, played Dreamfall Chapters lately. Quite enamored with the first episode in the series. Although it certainly has some shortcomings, it met my expectations and I'm quite excited for the next few chapters.

noxious.sunshine

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
I forgot about this place. Again. I think I only posted once since the forums got moved tho. >·<

Lots been going on. We moved down by the beach (still in NYC- Queens) & I got a boxer puppy!

How is everyone?

noxious.sunshine

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
A girl! She's a reverse flashy bridle named Penny. She's a European/Russian boxer. She'll be 4 months old tomorrow and already weighs 25 lbs. XD she's gonna be huge.

UKers in here, what do you make of Black Friday, i.e. the recently imported disaster from the States that has consumers literally warring with each other and trampling over unfortunate people in front of a queue just to grab - like ravenous scavengers - crappy TVs made by a company you've probably never heard of? Frankly, I think it's just appalling. It's man when he unshackles himself from standard norms of cordial behaviour and becomes a selfish, animalistic creature governed by irrationality, determined to pick something up regardless of whether he needs it, how much he's allegedly saving, and to impress people whom he hates.

What is it with Black Friday and TVs? Here, let me put together a quick text version of a diagram I drew earlier to show why people are idiots.

1) Polaroid and Blaupunkt TVs at Asda.
---> Polaroid, a brand everyone associates with cameras, now makes TVs? Since when? Are they any good? Who knows. I wouldn't bet on it.
---> Who on earth is Blaupunkt? I've never even heard of them. I imagine neither have most shoppers, which makes the mad scramble more amusing/head-scratching.

2) You don't care about these TVs the other 360-odd days of the year.

3) £50 off (or whatever) a Polaroid/Blaupunkt TV? YEEEEEEES! Coming through! Punch and shove everyone out of the way. Kick and uppercut anyone who lays claim to the box you just grabbed mere milliseconds before. Fight your way to the tills, barging into whoever is in the way and obstructing your path, even if they're old or infirm.

4) Go home, flaunt your new TV, realise it's a bit crappy. And unnecessary, because you've already got maybe 2 TV sets at home already.

5) Way to go, sunshine. You didn't save £50 or whatever. You didn't save any money. You wasted it on something completely unnecessary, because for some reason you convinced yourself that you were netting a bargain without stopping to rationally consider whether it's a wise purchase.

6) Monday is Cyber Monday. Tuesday is Return-all-your-shit-to-the-store Tuesday.

7) Polaroid, Blaupunkt and executives of participating retailers (their employees at retail level are however, tired, battered and severely overworked) whip out champagne bottles, because dumbasses have made their profits skyrocket in a weekend.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Not from the UK, but I prefer to do my shopping online, for things I do need considering they are expensive as hell in my country. Those scary disasters of lanes you have where people trade blows and insult each other and stuff? We have those. For buying food.

On a brighter note, did you see the new Star Wars trailer?

I did.

I'm not as naturally hyped as many people are, though I am with the majority opinion that our new Sith guy's LightClaymore (I don't care what it will be called. I'm referring to it as the LightClaymore) looks a bit dumb. I know thinking about practicalities is absurd for a fictional universe like Star Wars, but one has to wonder what the point is of having a sword like that when you can so easily cut off a hand or two just by using it.

Personally, I'm more hyped for Jurassic World, though lack of Jeff Goldblum and trying to explain the dinosaurs in terms of genetic hybrids has me slightly anxious. Just don't down that trope of having unwanted science ruin something, as Phantom Menace did for Star Wars when Lucas elected to ruin the mysticism of the Force by attributing it to micro-organisms.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I also found the new lightsaber design quite... pointless. I don't really hate it as it looks kinda cool. But I did roll my eyes when I saw it.

:chocowalk:

But overall I'm very positive about Episode VII. Disney has a record of some amazing movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers, etc.) and they realise that they can't screw up a franchise as big as Star Wars. I'm 100% sure it'll at least be better than the prequel trilogy.
So even though I've never been that big of a Star Wars fan, you can count me hyped.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Our Cubed3 Game Awards voting is now open!

http://www.cubed3.com/vote/

Would be great to have as many people from here as possible to vote and share with friends etc :)

Quick notes:

- Based on European releases in 2014
- Polls are for Nintendo games only, as it's what the site is mostly focused on, except for the last two questions
- Must pick one game only for all polls and enter email address at the end
- If you haven't played majority of games for certain question, pick the one you'd most like to play or like most from what you've seen/heard

Appreciate those who take the time to vote, thanks :)

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Last call for voting in our Cubed3 reader game awards! Ends on the 4th.

http://www.cubed3.com/vote/

I can tell you now Theatrhythm is close to being in the top picks for Best Music, so I suggest fans from here head over and fill the quick polls to help it get some deserved acclaim ;)

Thanks to all who took time to vote.