Okay, now I really don't know who to believe now ( all these interviews o.o)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
At first, it started out as " we are looking to deep into things when the first interview came out. However, now since more interviews have surfaced, some parts of every interview is worded differently ( particually, the battle system).

One of those things is some say you can use only Noct, others say "almost like that" but worded a bit differently make it sound like you can switch between theme ( and you can set up their AI the way you want too.

Another thing is this "It’ll basically be a one-button action" in a eurogamer's recent interview. What does that mean exactly?

1) Only 1 button in the game?
2) There's only 1 button to attack with?

Some of these interview are kinda unclear ( vagueness) in what they are trying to convey.

One-button action can mean a few things
Why do we only use Noct? What's the point in that? I will understand people's rage if this is what we get in terms of "actual" Playable Characters.

I know some peope says " wait for the demo". but with all this info flying around, I just wanna know what is right? >.<

Edit: What does "Core centric" mean exactly?

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Only using Noctis may not be very FF to a lot of people, but it really doesn't preclude it being a good game. Mass Effect began life, like FF15, as a game where you could switch between party members and control them individually so you could be in charge of whoever would be most effective in a situation while AIs took over, and Bioware removed it in the end in favour of AI and controlling only Shepard. It can work; hell, it can make a game better.

RE one-button action - basically the concept is that the basic attack - all of Noctis' sword swings - are on one button. One presumes it'll be X. Instead of one swing per button press, you can hold it. So if you hold down the button, Noct will keep attacking whatever is nearest or whatever he's locked on to. Same for blocking; you hold the block button (Circle?) and he repeatedly dodges, as you see in the footage.

That's what he means. Magic and warping are also 'one button' actions but are assigned to other buttons, it appears. Some of the stuff we saw in past videos - switching character, third person shooting controls, or switching weapons on the fly to use different attack types - they're gone in favor of the one-button approach.

It's rather similar to Type 0 actually.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Only using Noctis may not be very FF to a lot of people, but it really doesn't preclude it being a good game. Mass Effect began life, like FF15, as a game where you could switch between party members and control them individually so you could be in charge of whoever would be most effective in a situation while AIs took over, and Bioware removed it in the end in favour of AI and controlling only Shepard. It can work; hell, it can make a game better.

RE one-button action - basically the concept is that the basic attack - all of Noctis' sword swings - are on one button. One presumes it'll be X. Instead of one swing per button press, you can hold it. So if you hold down the button, Noct will keep attacking whatever is nearest or whatever he's locked on to. Same for blocking; you hold the block button (Circle?) and he repeatedly dodges, as you see in the footage.

That's what he means. Magic and warping are also 'one button' actions but are assigned to other buttons, it appears. Some of the stuff we saw in past videos - switching character, third person shooting controls, or switching weapons on the fly to use different attack types - they're gone in favor of the one-button approach.

It's rather similar to Type 0 actually.

So We can only use Noct? We won't be able to do attacks Manually? ( Button tapping?)

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I'm still going to reserve judgement until we have the playable demo. Speculating at this point is only a losing battle.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
I'm still going to reserve judgement until we have the playable demo. Speculating at this point is only a losing battle.
True, but alot of people see all these interviews as 100% fact that this game will be like this in the final product.

( I am still excited for the game, but these 2 things are the only things that worry me, the rest of the game is flawless!

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
True, but alot of people see all these interviews as 100% fact that this game will be like this in the final product.

( I am still excited for the game, but these 2 things are the only things that worry me, the rest of the game is flawless!
In those same interviews, Tabata stated over and over again the game was only about mid-way through development since he joined. Which means what we've seen so far likely won't be similar to the final product. I'd even say it's safe to assume the demo won't be close to the finalized game either. Especially with how Tabata reacts to gamer feedback. Staying optimistic is the best thing here. We've only just been re-introduced to this game and, thankfully, we're going to be seeing much more of it every soon on a seemingly frequent basis.