"OMEN"- FINAL FANTASY XV CGI Trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Now-I-say-I-say-GotDAMN._Lord-have-mercy-upon-my-Delicate-Morning-Heart.That-Trailer-was-just-Beyond-amazing.I-cant-do-spoiler-tags-because-myComputer's-spacebar-issue,but-Just-WOOOOW,Like-frfr-YAAAAAASSSSS-Hunty-Slay-me-to-The-Void-and-the-Unseen-Realm.The-Adrenaline-rush,The-second-after-second-Action-and-Captivating,Ominous-feeling-of-Desparation-and-then-regret.The-Feelings-I-possess-after-that-trailer-bare-no-works-for-how-indefinitely-this-game-will-be-God-Tier.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Now-I-say-I-say-GotDAMN._Lord-have-mercy-upon-my-Delicate-Morning-Heart.That-Trailer-was-just-Beyond-amazing.I-cant-do-spoiler-tags-because-myComputer's-spacebar-issue,but-Just-WOOOOW,Like-frfr-YAAAAAASSSSS-Hunty-Slay-me-to-The-Void-and-the-Unseen-Realm.The-Adrenaline-rush,The-second-after-second-Action-and-Captivating,Ominous-feeling-of-Desparation-and-then-regret.The-Feelings-I-possess-after-that-trailer-bare-no-works-for-how-indefinitely-this-game-will-be-God-Tier.
Please... get a new keyboard... it's been half a year now...

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
It's true that you can tell this wasn't done by Visual Works (or they didn't use their usual procedure), but I mean, it's a promotional trailer, much like the ones made for almost every AAA game in the West.

But, oh boy, I loved it. It's a really good trailer to keep you pumped about the game. Really like the themes touched upon there and Noctis and Regis' depiction. Also, I doubt that it's too spoilery considering they, well, put it out (and beyond the beginning chapters of the game, we don't know that much).

But if you really want to avoid potential mild, possibly big... spoilers, avoid it, because who knows.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
It was done in collaboration with Digic Pictures, one of the major studios involved with Kingsglaive.
Now that you mention it, I really reminded me of the movie in regards to the fights and other visual elements.

Anyways, glad to see there's more the crystal that one could have initially guessed.

Sep 1, 2016
I was rooting for Noctis all the way and when I reached the the end, I nearly threw my laptop out the window.... Fuck me that was dark... Other than that it was an on-the-edge-of-your-seat trailer...

I really, really hope this omen is something we'll be working to PREVENT, because holy hell, my heart can't take it...

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Who do you guys think the demonic voice at the end is? Regis seemed to be speaking to the crystal or at least using the crystal in some form. It seems that whoever they are, they want more and more sacrifice... but for what? Is Regis the bad guy here?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
But if you really want to avoid potential mild, possibly big... spoilers, avoid it, because who knows.
I take that as all abstract. I don't think any of that is spoilers.

I don't even know where to start with this trailer. I've only seen it 3 times, so I'll let you all know what I think after about 17 more viewings, lol. Holy shit, though.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Who do you guys think the demonic voice at the end is? Regis seemed to be speaking to the crystal or at least using the crystal in some form. It seems that whoever they are, they want more and more sacrifice... but for what? Is Regis the bad guy here?
My gut reaction was that that voice belonged to the Crystal itself. Which, btw (and I might totally be misremembering or making shit up here), didn't Noctis, back in the scene where he first met Stella, talks to an unknown person/entity at the end while looking at the painting (or was it the "light"? It's been too long)?

Anyways, I really like how the whole "Omen" things paints the Lucis bloodline as SHADY as fuck. Literally Satans. Hopefully that's touched upon and we get Noctis either succumbing, or embarking himself in a crusade to redeem himself/his family/his kingdom.

I take that as all abstract. I don't think any of that is spoilers.

I don't even know where to start with this trailer. I've only seen it 3 times, so I'll let you all know what I think after about 17 more viewings, lol. Holy shit, though.
Oh, me too. But considering the (potentially still in the game) ability to foresee the future, I'm guessing some would feel spoiled in regards to maybe the voice in the crystal and whatever thing Regis might want to avoid.

I know I don't feel spoiled at all, though. It's actually very reminiscent of the KH intros: very dreamy, abstract and surreal, hinting at stuff and all that.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Luna
is really gonna die, isn't she?
:(
There's still no reason to believe that.

But, yeah, she totally is.

The trailer looks entirely abstract. You see how every time you see Noctis' reflection, it's Luna? That's a dream. Everyone in a dream is the dreamer. Everyone. The trailer follows the same flow as a dream. Or, more specifically, an Omen. Hence the name.

Sep 1, 2016
Luna
is really gonna die, isn't she?
:(
What's worse is that
Noctis may be the one to do it - her loved one:(

My gut reaction was that that voice belonged to the Crystal itself. Which, btw (and I might totally be misremembering or making shit up here), didn't Noctis, back in the scene where he first met Stella, talks to an unknown person/entity at the end while looking at the painting (or was it the "light"? It's been too long)?

Anyways, I really like how the whole "Omen" things paints the Lucis bloodline as SHADY as fuck. Literally Satans. Hopefully that's touched upon and we get Noctis either succumbing, or embarking himself in a crusade to redeem himself/his family/his kingdom.
I thought the voice might belong to the old Lucian Kings - they sounded a bit like that in Kingsglaive.
It was said that Noctis' family is much like the mafia (from Versus days), but this trailer really takes it up a damn many notches! This truly is the darkest FF in the series from the shady Lucian Kings, to Regis making dodgy deals, even down to the logo being on a black background instead of white. Guys, I think we're gonna play as villains... or as Tornak suggested, we have to redeem ourselves...